• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ings, eh? As a summer signing it makes no sense unless both Lambert and Balotelli are gone. Sturridge, Ings, Origi as your three strikers is still hardly going to make anyone shake in their boots. I guess Akpom would be the fourth.

Ings is very good.

We have to come to terms with the fact that unless we somehow finish fourth (which relies on Sturridge essentially staying fit for the rest of the entire season), we won't be buying a completely proven striker.

edit: Thought he'd scored more than 7 this season. Fuck that then :p

GorillaJu

No.

We are the greatest club in world history.

We hold the keys to where the spirits of football are kept.

Shankly.

Paisley.

When Messi goes to bed at night he takes off his Barça shorts to show his Liverpool underwear.

All other clubs fear us and all their fans wish they supported us.

We are Liverpool.

Fuck it, we're signing Ings.

Zabojnik

"According to CalcioMercato, Barcelona have made the highest bid for 17-year-old talent Gérson, €18M. PSG have bid €12M, more than Juventus."

Fucking Barca. How are they even allowed to go after all these semi-fetuses, they should be banned from doing so for a good 10 years at least.

FootballFan

"According to CalcioMercato, Barcelona have made the highest bid for 17-year-old talent Gérson, €18M. PSG have bid €12M, more than Juventus."

Fucking Barca. How are they even allowed to go after all these semi-fetuses, they should be banned from doing so for a good 10 years at least.

mes que un club

TeddyBoy

Ings, eh? As a summer signing it makes no sense unless both Lambert and Balotelli are gone. Sturridge, Ings, Origi as your three strikers is still hardly going to make anyone shake in their boots. I guess Akpom would be the fourth.

After Origi's so-so season at Lille I think he might go out on loan again, either to a La Liga team or Championship side to try to get him playing him in a better team that plays better football.

Sturridge, Ings and Lambert isn't too bad for me.

No.

We are the greatest club in world history.

We hold the keys to where the spirits of football are kept.

Shankly.

Paisley.

When Messi goes to bed at night he takes off his Barça shorts to show his Liverpool underwear.

All other clubs fear us and all their fans wish they supported us.

We are Liverpool.

Fuck it, we're signing Ings.

Yes Odd!

GQman2121

Banned
In my mind, he's already gone.

ixBa8BCV9bAZV.gif

Between this and Real's Odegaard, I've been thinking. I thought Spanish teams weren't allowed to give pro contracts to 16 or 17 year olds? Isn't that why they used to cry about English teams buying their players as soon as they turned 16 (cesc being an example)? Did they remove that rule?

pulga

Banned
Between this and Real's Odegaard, I've been thinking. I thought Spanish teams weren't allowed to give pro contracts to 16 or 17 year olds? Isn't that why they used to cry about English teams buying their players as soon as they turned 16 (cesc being an example)? Did they remove that rule?

We'll buy whoever the fuck we want OKAY

Fuck the transfer ban, we'll take our dick out and slam it with the force of a thousand suns and no one will say "peep" to us.

QUOTE ME ON THIS

FootballFan

It's about the parents KidA mate.

Danchi

reputable and world renowned paper "the sun" has confirmed that the Coq has signed a new deal with Arsenal

get in arsegaf

Does no-one else feel like this is premature?

His form could easily regress back to what we've been used to. Flamini was great when he first came back and people (myself very much included) were raving about him, but his decision making can be called into question pretty much every game now.

I don't see the downside in leaving it until the summer. If he keeps up this type of form he deserves an extension; if he feels he can get a better deal elsewhere--realistically, he's not gonna move to a bigger club than Arsenal--then it just shows what he values really.

KidJr

Does no-one else feel like this is premature?

His form could easily regress back to what we've been used to. Flamini was great when he first came back and people (myself very much included) were raving about him, but his decision making can be called into question pretty much every game now.

I don't see the downside in leaving it until the summer. If he keeps up this type of form he deserves an extension; if he feels he can get a better deal elsewhere--realistically, he's not gonna move to a bigger club than Arsenal--then it just shows what he values really.

Your thinking like a fan and not like a business, which unfortunately both aspects have to be taken into consideration.

Him signing a deal is as much about us protecting our assets as it is believing he is "the dm we've been waiting for". Lets say he shows blistering form until the end of the season and hers nothing from Arseanl in terms of contract talks, do you remember what happened with Flamini when he used to be good? That is criminal as a business and football club.

Danchi

Your thinking like a fan and not like a business, which unfortunately both aspects have to be taken into consideration.

Him signing a deal is as much about us protecting our assets as it is believing he is "the dm we've been waiting for". Lets say he shows blistering form until the end of the season and hers nothing from Arseanl in terms of contract talks, do you remember what happened with Flamini when he used to be good? That is criminal as a business and football club.

I see what you're saying. In the case of Flamini, he'd at least been decent for a few seasons. He also moved to a bigger club (even a Milan team on the decline won the league with him). A couple of months ago no-one would even think about signing Coquelin.

Your right that my biggest reasoning comes from me thinking like a fan (as in, I don't think a player should be rewarded after such a short about of time). To me, though it also seems safer go down this route. Arsenal kinda have a history of not being able to get rid of decidedly average players because they pay them too much (Bendtner, Park Chu-young, Squillaci, etc.).

Nyx

Holy shit, yesterday at training, Anouar Kali punched Kristoffer Peterson in the face after a ''discussion'', the result is Peterson out for 6 weeks with a broken jaw..

Kali:
Anouar-Kali-Willem-II.png

Peterson:
B0oEAasCMAEWqR2.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom