• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.

King_Moc

Banned
I'm talking about consistency though, because you've been talking a lot about consistency ever since this incident happened.

And players who have had appeals deemed frivolous for less crude actions on the pitch than what Costa did, have had their bans extended.

So in light of that, doesn't it make sense for the FA to maintain consistency and extend the ban?

I agree about the FA and the media - but you can't have it both ways.

They foolishly got rid of the frivolous appeal rule. A shame, as he'd have an extra game ban now.

I did too. When ADL hired Rafa, I thought it was the break we needed to finally to win the scudetto. I was so naïve.

I've said it before, but I honestly don't think Roma is that good per se. I think they're incredibly consistent at eking out wins and draws, sometimes without even the assistance of the refs. It's probably just my bias, but I think Napoli is the better team, but we're sorely inconsistent and prone to flopping.

but consistency to me is the mark of a better team. Even when Juve are bad they still get results. That is what separates good teams with great teams.

jts

...hate me...
pointing-and-laughing.gif

you make that? its fantastic

I made the edit, but not the original one.

Should make a template to use for any club lol.

Meier

People who talk about consistency and reference the Aguero stamp undermine their argument. These retroactive punishments are not meant to "re-referee" a situation. They are meant to referee situations that weren't refereed. In Aguero's case, a free kick was given. Did they make the right decision to not red card him? No, but they did give a foul and therefore it was not open to retroactive punishment -- the situations are not comparable.

And the reason Costa had special attention paid to him by the media is because he is a repeat offender. Within both the game and in his career -- he consistently commits red card worthy offenses. It is the reason Deflategate is such a thing in the US right now. The Patriots history of cheating.

L1NETT

jack cork having a medical at Swansea?

my bad if already posted.

Does kinda make sense if JWP signed like a 50 year contract earlier today.

Is he still in your England team scum?

Well Costa or no Costa the difference between winning or losing isn't going to ride on him anyway. I'd be more worried if Hazard or Fabregas were out.

Salazar

Was it suppose to be there today?

He was supposed to fucking pay for it a week and a half ago. And that was at half-price. He told me to send it before he could pay for it. I actually did that. And then it was another few days before he paid. And now he's moaning.

but consistency to me is the mark of a better team. Even when Juve are bad they still get results. That is what separates good teams with great teams.
It's an issue of semantics, I guess. Our highs are definitely higher, but our lows are so much lower (except that degenerate display against Bayern - that was sensational).

Impossible, we have zero continuity and the worst defenders ever.
Roma is simply one step ahead us.
Strinic has looked impressive so far, and Zuniga should be returning soon.

I believe we can catch them, but whether we will or not is a completely different matter.

Baki

Costa only got banned because the media made a meal of it. Plain and simple.

The other incidents this and last week hardly got a peep.

Regardless of the media narrative. Costa has a history of cunt-ish behaviour. He stomped on those guys on purpose. Plain and simple. He deserves to be punished for it.

GorillaJu

People who talk about consistency and reference the Aguero stamp undermine their argument. These retroactive punishments are not meant to "re-referee" a situation. They are meant to referee situations that weren't refereed. In Aguero's case, a free kick was given. Did they make the right decision to not red card him? No, but they did give a foul and therefore it was not open to retroactive punishment -- the situations are not comparable.

And the reason Costa had special attention paid to him by the media is because he is a repeat offender. Within both the game and in his career -- he consistently commits red card worthy offenses. It is the reason Deflategate is such a thing in the US right now. The Patriots history of cheating.

Well put

Regardless of the media narrative. Costa has a history of cunt-ish behaviour. He stomped on those guys on purpose. Plain and simple. He deserves to be punished for it.

I'm not buying into any of this history of cuntish behaviour either. I believe that's something the media have reinforced as well. I've watched all 90mins of every Chelsea game this season bar three cup games. I can tell you straight up without a doubt that Costa has had cuntish behaviour directed towards him by many defenders he's faced, purposefully to try and wind him up.

Off the top of my head the City defenders, Liverpool and Sunderland defenders were just as cuntish towards him as he's apparently deemed of being. Even Paul Scholes mentioned that.

I'm not defending the stamps but the Costa = Cunt narrative is so overplayed and boring. People are trying to find a new Suarez in him, but he's not.

Don't recall Markovic doing anything tbh. Heard Skrtel did something to Costa after the second tread, but I haven't seen it.

ix5hNAArIgXiW.png

Markovich elbowed/slapped Luis in the face.

I was at the game and tbh didn't see any of the dodgy incidents till I got home. Made it particularly surreal to see the media shitstorm afterwards. It can be quite stark and weird when something you didn't see at the game is the talking point when you get home.

I'm not buying into any of this history of cuntish behaviour either. I believe that's something the media have reinforced as well. I've watched all 90mins of every Chelsea game this season bar three cup games. I can tell you straight up without a doubt that Costa has had cuntish behaviour directed towards him by many defenders he's faced, purposefully to try and wind him up.

Off the top of my head the City defenders, Liverpool and Sunderland defenders were just as cuntish towards him as he's apparently deemed of being. Even Paul Scholes mentioned that.

I'm not defending the stamps but the Costa = Cunt narrative is so overplayed and boring. People are trying to find a new Suarez in him, but he's not.

Come on bruv.

There's no fucking way anyone could possibly believe that he's not a confirmed cunt, whether they like him or not.

El Topo

Costa didn't even commit those fouls, it's all just fake pictures from the media, which also explains why he wasn't punished on the pitch. Who's the true victim here I ask you?

LeleSocho

Banned
I am confused, so you are a Roma fan, too. :p
I am everything and nothing.
Strinic has looked impressive so far, and Zuniga should be returning soon.

I believe we can catch them, but whether we will or not is a completely different matter.

If for "impressive" you mean "has not fucked up anything" then yes Strinic is impressive.
Zuniga is broken and has not played in ages, i doubt he'll play more than 180 minutes for the rest of the season.

I'm pretty sure we're gonna collapse and you'll end up winning EVERYTHING ;_;

No way! This year is a lost cause for winning anything (maybe Coppa Italia but it'll be super duper hard) and after this season we'll have to reconstruct the team from scratch.
Your dominance is not at risk for the near-medium future don't worry.

To be sincere i thought like you the moment Conte left but obviously it wasn't the case.

jts

...hate me...

Boo fucking hoo, that is the history of football. Defenders try and wind up guys who have issues. It is up to Costa to not react.

I remember a match between Napoli and Juve when Chiellini and Cavani were both cunts to each other, but stayed within the realms of acceptability, then both walked off with a warm embrace after the match. That is football. Costa gives in to the temptation

operon

Markovich elbowed/slapped Luis in the face.

I was at the game and tbh didn't see any of the dodgy incidents till I got home. Made it particularly surreal to see the media shitstorm afterwards. It can be quite stark and weird when something you didn't see at the game is the talking point when you get home.

Dat bias, even us Liverpool fans recognised suarez was a cunt

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Boo fucking hoo, that is the history of football. Defenders try and wind up guys who have issues. It is up to Costa to not react.

I remember a match between Napoli and Juve when Chiellini and Cavani were both cunts to each other, but stayed within the realms of acceptability, then both walked off with a warm embrace after the match. That is football. Costa gives in to the temptation
I miss Cavani, truly.

Come on bruv.

There's no fucking way anyone could possibly believe that he's not a confirmed cunt, whether they like him or not.

Before the stamp I don't think he'd done anything to deserve the reputation he was getting, and like I said it's fine for defenders to act cuntish towards him, but as soon as he reacts it's framed as him being the ultimate cunt.

Point in case. The Sunderland game. O'Shea was being a right cunt himself, but the fallout was geared towards Costa's cuntishness. These things aren't portrayed fairly in the media. They have their new Suarez. Simple as that.

I mean you have to be deluded to think other players aren't as cuntish or even worse than Costa is, and yet they will not get the same backpage space or SSN airtime, and therefore will not get the same cunty reputation.

Dat bias, even us Liverpool fans recognised suarez was a cunt

Up until these stamps Costa did nothing to deserve the media flak he was receiving. The only one was the Sunderland game where he lashed out, but O'Shea was giving some lashing himself.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
He was supposed to fucking pay for it a week and a half ago. And that was at half-price. He told me to send it before he could pay for it. I actually did that. And then it was another few days before he paid. And now he's moaning.

hahaha what a mess

he's probably going to fuck you on the feedback too

ebay is a proper den of cunts nowadays

Meier

Stereogatari = the biggest premface in history apparently. Costa has been one of the nastiest, literally and figuratively, players in the game for years now. This is not a new thing or something that is unique to his time at Chelsea.

Stereogatari = the biggest premface in history apparently. Costa has been one of the nastiest, literally and figuratively, players in the game for years now. This is not a new thing or something that is unique to his time at Chelsea.

I admittedly don't know much of his La Liga career.

But until the stamps, the reputation he had in England was not congruent with his behaviour. All I saw was an aggressive striker winding up defenders that were also giving it large themselves.

Now of course I have less recourse to defend him, since the stamps are not defendable. But before them there were people calling him cunt this, and cunt that, when all he was doing was having tussles with defenders, something you can see week in week out of any average PL team. But average PL teams don't get the screentime, they aren't important to the storyline. Costa is and will get framed nicely for it.

The media can skew things in any direction they want. The fact that Vertonghen's choke a night later than the stamps hardly got a peep proves that so clearly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom