• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

oh my saw Chelsea on MOTD

think the city of bradford collectively shit itself. only chance McArdle has against Diego Costa is if Mcardle physically arms himself. Baseball bat the weapon of choice

also cannae be arsed to go away again weekend after next (actually PV might be weekend after that....). Travelling aboot costs so much dosh I don't have.

Fincher uses digital really well, he's the only director I can think of that's using that to good effect. (Scorsese, Spielberg and Cameron too, I suppose). There's a good documentary about film vs digital actually, it's called 'Side by Side'. Keanu Reeves narrates it
o3abnfi.png

Wilbur

Banned
Right now, the team I'd go for would be (brace yrselvz 4mation bros):

Rafael - Carrick - Rojo - Shaw
Fellaini - Blind - Di Maria
Herrera/Januzaj
Rooney - any of the other three

Assuming everyone's fit. Mata disappears from games too much and only plays well when we're in control of a game. Matches where we're on the edge, he contributes nothing.

Having Blind and Carrick in the same midfield is a bit redundant, I think. They're basically the same type of player who occupy the same position in the pitch. If was was a ball winner a la Matic then it would work.

Really disappointed at the lack of Herrera. Don't know what he's actually done wrong tbh. Better central midfielder than Rooney or Mata IMO. At least start him against Cambridge.

I really like a Di Maria, Blind/Carrick, Herrera midfield. The problem is that Di Maria and Herrera can make it tough on the defenders due to their risky style of play. Both of them lose the ball. That's the only reason why I would think to play both Blind and Carrick. Obviously, I would rather bring in another cm so this question wouldn't even come up.

I also think Herrera should play in midfield over Rooney and Mata, but Gaal clearly favors those two in that position probably because of their ability to retain the ball. Herrera might not be as tidy, but he's clearly better at supporting the attack and his defensive ability in that position is above their contribution.

wedward

Fincher uses digital really well, he's the only director I can think of that's using that to good effect. (Scorsese, Spielberg and Cameron too, I suppose). There's a good documentary about film vs digital actually, it's called 'Side by Side'. Keanu Reeves narrates it
o3abnfi.png

His films have always had the distinctive look though. Even when he was using film. Don't think it changed all that much going from film to digital.

Inherent Vice looks better than anything Fincher has done.

His films have always had the distinctive look though. Even when he was using film. Don't think it changed all that much going from film to digital.

Inherent Vice looks better than anything Fincher has done.

True, I suppose the cinematographer helps with that too. Inherent Vice looks great, love that time period.

inky

Right now, the team I'd go for would be (brace yrselvz 4mation bros):

Rafael - Carrick - Rojo - Shaw
Fellaini - Blind - Di Maria
Herrera/Januzaj
Rooney - any of the other three

Assuming everyone's fit. Mata disappears from games too much and only plays well when we're in control of a game. Matches where we're on the edge, he contributes nothing.

Christmas tree sucks. ADM can go wide and up front, but if you are expecting Shaw and Rafael to be the overlapping LBs you are leaving the defense extremely exposed. Carrick as CB... nah, come on, he'd do a decent job but he is much, much better in the midfield.
A new CB is needed, but I'd rather have Jones there and Carrick in MF.

I'd rather go 4-2-3-1 than the tree tbh. Or heck, even 4-2-2-2

Wilbur

Banned
I really like Herrera, but he gives the ball away just as much as Fellaini and Rooney :lol. Not sure why LVG doesn't rate him, and I don't think it's an indictment on him or Januzaj that they aren't being picked.

Gaal's a weird dude. We knew it already, but... he is.

I really like Herrera, but he gives the ball away just as much as Fellaini and Rooney :lol. Not sure why LVG doesn't rate him, and I don't think it's an indictment on him or Januzaj that they aren't being picked.

Gaal's a weird dude. We knew it already, but... he is.

For all the ways Herrera gives the ball away, just watch Rooney, Mata and Fellaini recently. They give it away just as much if not more, and contribute less.

Wilbur

Banned
Christmas tree sucks. ADM can go wide and up front, but if you are expecting Shaw and Rafael to be the overlapping LBs you are leaving the defense extremely exposed. Carrick as CB... nah, come on, he'd do a decent job but he is much, much better in the midfield.
A new CB is needed, but I'd rather have Jones there and Carrick in MF.

I'd rather go 4-2-3-1 than the tree tbh.

He is much better in midfield, but he's also got a brain; which is more than can be said for the rest of our centre backs.

We clearly need a new centre back, and someone like Strootman would be able to do Fellaini and Herrera's job pretty effectively, so there wouldn't be such a dilemma as to which one should start. But right now we're clearly playing cautiously (or aiming to), and I'd rather see more of our midfielders than our defenders.

Suen

All this dream talk about signing Bale is a waste of time, let's talk about realistic targets. How much will it cost United to sign Moyes?

Wilbur

Banned
For all the ways Herrera gives the ball away, just watch Rooney, Mata and Fellaini recently. They give it away just as much if not more, and contribute less.

I know, and I'd have Herrera in the team over some of them. It just confuses me when Fellaini gets picked on for giving it away but Herrera and Mata don't.

Killer's got his blinkers on when it comes to Mata :lol

Clegg

In Rooney and Di Maria we have two players who may as well be dropped if they're not playing in the correct position.

This is a massive bollock drop on Van Gaal's part.

Probably one of the few players that's actually given Ivanovic problems this season.

He's in good company there, with that Maribor winger, Chadli and motherfucking Ameobi who all had Ivanovic looking like a fool. His goals has been great, but defensively Ivanovic has been quite bad and his crosses are hopeless, would like to see him dropped when Azpilicueta is back.

Wilbur

Banned
Januzaj's gr8. Hitcher posts are endless streams of consciousness that are either all negative elements of Liverpool performances or questions about early 2000s movies/laptop batteries.

Rikkun

why are we talking united formations on a saturday night

ffs

Premfacery reaching alarming heights

I got out of work at midnight, ate the smallest McD burger with 4 chicken nuggets alone in my car parked behind the train station, then ran home while my anus was being stabbed from the inside.

What did you do EffGAF?

scently

In Rooney and Di Maria we have two players who may as well be dropped if they're not playing in the correct position.

This is a massive bollock drop on Van Gaal's part.

Not only are we playing the wrong formation, but we are playing it with the wrong personnel and with our best players out of position.

Fintan

o3abnfi.png
Michael Mann has been shooting digitally since Collateral, I think, to interesting effect. Although I remember thinking Public Enemies looked really weird.

Premfacery reaching alarming heights

I got out of work at midnight, ate the smallest McD burger with 4 chicken nuggets alone in my car parked behind the train station, then ran home while my anus was being stabbed from the inside.

What did you do EffGAF?

Unpacked all my things finally. Watched Chelsea. Took a bubble bath. Ate some dinner. Watched Palermo. Carried this thread in CS.

Wooden pls

When will Andersen be the platyer he can be?

Hopefully never. Don't like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom