• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

defoe2.gif

h8xug2P.png

Knees him in the hip, no pen

Between this and the worst offside decision EVER, Chris Foy surely has to be dropped for a long, long time.

Chris Foy is a cunt and needs to retire and he can take the rest of the cunts with him. Hard to think of a single ref that isn't a complete fucking useless turd. Oliver, Mason, Taylor, Dowd are only the ones I can think of.

FuturusX

Chris Foy is a cunt and needs to retire and he can take the rest of the cunts with him. Hard to think of a single ref that isn't a complete fucking useless turd. Oliver, Mason, Taylor, Dowd are only the ones I can think of.

Retired now but Colina...the grand master of all refs.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
But from a marketing perspective, it's direct and to the point.

Film looks shit though if I'm honest. TV spots have done nothing for me. It's not a new concept and the actual guy the film is based on seems like a huge cunt.

the film's good but it makes Chris Kyle seem like a superhero. Like you say the guy was a bit of nob apparently.

Hixx

Mike Dean comes across a right bellend and has the odd bad game but I like him as a ref.

Refs like Friend, Foy, Pawson are a disgrace to professional football.

Yen

What is significant about 35MM film? Inherent Vice is going to be in 35mm in its opening week at the cinema near me.

Yen

It's like analog cameras. They are cool because they're vintage

go with it m8

Very few films are actually made on film these days.

It's all digital.

It allows people to market the film as having 35mm.

I imagine every benefit can be mimicked digitally these days.

i c.
I see it at the start of Feb in 35'. I have a free ticket since I used up my loyalty card. Really wanna see Ex Machina and Whiplash but I have exams on Friday and Monday, so I won't see them this week. I feel underprepared for these exams
fuck

Can't believe he thinks the team is more balanced in a 3-5-2 when he plays every player out of position.

I understand what he's saying because while we made more chances in 4-4-2 so did QPR, he's right there.

But 3-5-2 is like watching paint dry. And as you say most of our best players are playing out of position and more of our less talented players get on the pitch.

Clegg

Can't believe he thinks the team is more balanced in a 3-5-2 when he plays every player out of position.
We're quite dodgy defensively when we play the diamond.

Tbf we're almost as bad with three at the back and are far less likely to score. He's being very cautious, I think. Any defensive tactic we use isn't going tomb great because we're completely brutal at the back and a rebuild is required. He's making do right now.

I understand what he's saying because while we made more chances in 4-4-2 so did QPR, he's right there.

But 3-5-2 is like watching paint dry. And as you say most of our best players are playing out of posi8tions and more of our less talented players get on the pitch.

He should go back to the 433 then. It's the middle ground. You get more help from your wingers/wf in that formation than the two strikers in a diamond. You get more out of your attackers in a 433 than the 352.

I would personally play a Di Maria, Carrick, Blind midfield 3 with Rooney as the left wide forward.

Zabojnik

BREAKING NEWS

"Toronto FC to announce Sebastian Giovinco as its newest player early next week, Sportsnet has learned. Story to follow on Sportsnet.ca #TFC"

He'll join them in the summer doe.

Fintan

What is significant about 35MM film? Inherent Vice is going to be in 35mm in its opening week at the cinema near me.
I think film is still a little more high res than digital photography but that's increasingly not the case.

I also think that since it's a 70's set movie, projecting it on 35mm will be more evocative of movies from that era. Which was probably the director's intention.

He should go back to the 433 then. It's the middle ground. You get more help from your wingers/wf in that formation than the two strikers in a diamond. You get more out of your attackers in a 433 than the 352.

I really think that the only reason he's not going 4-3-3 is we've only got one good winger. Which makes the fact that we're not linked with more wingers really baffling.

Oh and please stop saying Rooney can play on the left. Have a little self-respect.

Clegg

What's really bothering me is Shaw's injury problems. He played 36 league games for Southampton this season but is a bit if a sick note for us. He's pretty good whenever he plays for us so I'd like to get that sorted out k Gaal?

I really think that the only reason he's not going 4-3-3 is we've only got one good winger. Which makes the fact that we're not linked with more wingers really baffling.

I think so too, but then he can't really use that as an excuse when he's playing Di Maria up top, Rppmey in midfield, and players who aren't wingbacks as wingbacks. Our players don't fit the 352 or they're just not getting it. Either way it's not working.

Wilbur

Banned

But 3-5-2 is like watching paint dry. And as you say most of our best players are playing out of position and more of our less talented players get on the pitch.

We're quite dodgy defensively when we play the diamond.

Tbf we're almost as bad with three at the back and are far less likely to score. He's being very cautious, I think. Any defensive tactic we use isn't going tomb great because we're completely brutal at the back and a rebuild is required. He's making do right now.

4-3-3's the perfect formation even if you do have to play Rooney wide. He and one of Valencia/Young would do for now if he really isn't fucking keen on Adnan.

If our defence is dodgy, stick Carrick, Blind and Fellaini together. Our defence is not helped by having an extra shit defender.

Would rather have Rooney up front over the others but that isn't happening.

Oh and please stop saying Rooney can play on the left. Have a little self-respect.

Rppmey can't play as a winger and he shouldn't try to play as a winger. He should play the left forward role like Ronaldo does it. Ronaldo doesn't track back and he doesn't play like a winger anymore. He starts from that position, but finds himself in goal scoring opportunities all the time in the box. The only difference is that he will give the defense more help than Ronaldo as he likes running around like a headless chicken.

Di Maria as a left midfielder kind of played in his shadow and played the hybrid winger/midfielder role to perfection. I don't see why he can't do the same at United.

Why not try it?

Rppmey can't play as a winger and he shouldn't try to play as a winger. He should play the left forward role like Ronaldo does it. Ronaldo doesn't track back and he doesn't play like a winger anymore. He starts from that position, but finds himself in goal scoring opportunities all the time in the box.

Di Maria as a left midfielder kind of played in his shadow and played the hybrid winger/midfielder role to perfection. I don't see why he can't do the same at United.

Why not try it?

I'd rather us do that than play 3-5-2, but I'd much rather us actually have real wingers. We can afford those.

Clegg

4-3-3's the perfect formation even if you do have to play Rooney wide. He and one of Valencia/Young would do for now if he really isn't fucking keen on Adnan.

If our defence is dodgy, stick Carrick, Blind and Fellaini together. Our defence is not helped by having an extra shit defender.

Would rather have Rooney up front over the others but that isn't happening.
Having Blind and Carrick in the same midfield is a bit redundant, I think. They're basically the same type of player who occupy the same position in the pitch. If was was a ball winner a la Matic then it would work.

Really disappointed at the lack of Herrera. Don't know what he's actually done wrong tbh. Better central midfielder than Rooney or Mata IMO. At least start him against Cambridge.

We would actually look better in the 352 if he just swapped Di Maria and Rooney and played Herrera instead of Mata.

As I said earlier, the problem isn't just the formation it's what he's asking the players to do.

Hixx

Have you ever seen 65mm or 70mm?

It's not even close.

But the question didn't mention 65 or 70mm...

I know there's a huge difference between stuff like IMAX and regular digital film. You can even tell on a small TV at 1080p.

But with 4k and up being a thing now, the difference between digital and 35mm probably is negligible.

Scum

--------------- Falcao/Rooney ---------------
Di Maria------------------------------- Adnan
------ Strootman ---------- Herrera ---------
---------------------- Blind ----------------------
Shaw --- Rojo --- Jones --- Training Cone
--------------------- De Gea ----------------------

Wilbur

Banned
Having Blind and Carrick in the same midfield is a but redundant, I think. They're basically the same type of player who occupy the same position in the pitch. If was was a ball winner a la Matic then it would work.

Really disappointed at the lack of Herrera. At least start him against Cambridge.

Well Jones, Evans and Smalling are all the same type of player - rash, brainless buffoons who pretend they can play it out of defence - and van Gaal has no problem playing them together. I'd rather if he is going to be overly cautious he did it with a formation that suited the team. Or at least play the cunts in the right positions.

We would actually look better in the 352 if he just swapped Di Maria and Rooney and played Herrera instead of Mata.

As I said earlier, the problem isn't just the formation it's what he's asking the players to do.

That and move Carrick back in to defence and move Blind in to Carrick's CM position.

We've looked so much worse ever since Carrick was moved forward in to CM and one of our moron CBs replaced him there.

Suen

why? Im just a simple guy who likes animal crossing and ajax

I dont hate swedesh and angolan people.
It's fine to like both of them but I don't understand how anyone can play Animal Crossing. I'd have more interaction with a wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom