• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZFdDdZn.gif

u complet me wooden

Linius

Unpacked all my things finally. Watched Chelsea. Took a bubble bath. Ate some dinner. Watched Palermo. Carried this thread in CS.

Hopefully never. Don't like him.

He's not even brondby m8

My scouting report: hes got some amazing runs, needs to learn to pass sooner, hes getting there, spurs bound

I started watching Broadchurch today. I avoided it before because ITV, etc.. Hopefully they got all the depressing stuff out of the way in the first episode. I'm in for the murder mystery.

Ha, that was my attitude to Prisoners :p

If you actually want to know whether it happens:
after the 1st episode its much less about the fallout among the family

Fintan

You've used the word 'weird' as an interesting synonym for 'fucking shit'.
I say weird because I saw Public Enemies when I was 15 and I had no idea of digital vs film etc. I couldn't figure out why it was so unpleasant to look at. But yeah, it did look pretty awful. And it was a pretty shit movie.

jts

...hate me...
Premfacery reaching alarming heights

I got out of work at midnight, ate the smallest McD burger with 4 chicken nuggets alone in my car parked behind the train station, then ran home while my anus was being stabbed from the inside.

What did you do EffGAF?

Tried to call my friend who's upset at me, to try and hang out with him - didn't answer the phone.

Could go just hang out with the greater group of friends instead, but their routine is always the same: hit down town. It's raining and fucking cold, so that's a pass for me. Not that it wouldn't be the same if the weather was nice instead tbh. I grew very tired of that routine.

Should've been at last watching a movie, but I'm just idling online instead
l1x61OA.png

Wilbur

Banned
Public Enemies was a fucking snoozefest.

Mann is well overrated. One great film, two good ones, one with a good Tom Cruise performance.

Hey everyone,

I made a stupid chrome extension for footygaf today. It's called "Welcome, who do you support?" and hopefully it'll make it easier to find out which team a gaffer supports. The data is from "The leagues" and "The Members" section of the OP. So if there wasn't a badge there, I just assumed you or didn't exist. That sucks for now but if you PM with your team,and ( if it's not already in the OP) a 72x72 pixel icon of your club's badge, I'll include you/your team.

No ETA on when I'll make the changes or add things like multiple teams cause this was just a side project to learn how chrome extensions work, but I'll do my best to keep it updated as frequently as possible. Also, if you find a bug or think of a cool feature, hit me up and I'll try include it eventually.

Anyway, here's a link and a screenshot so know what it's like:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/welcome-who-do-you-suppor/hpdgimakgkmppbobjhicgjdkncjnjplm?authuser=1
3vx7eVT1fmj3LwLpxjYQ8GIuGU4mN-s7El0dw46iqDPVe8sn91QXwQXKHd4eqksBAAsmUkzQIA=s640-h400-e365-rw

Never understood Michael Mann's allure. Don't even think Heat's anything better than decent. Always feel like that movie gets a pass because of the Al Pacini/De Niro involvement, even though they've shown themselves up to be limited actors subsequently.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Digital works for Collateral because a lot of it is shot in low light

Public Enemies is just awful. Probably Mann's worst film.

wedward

Hey everyone,

I made a stupid chrome extension for footygaf today. It's called "Welcome, who do you support?" and hopefully it'll make it easier to find out which team a gaffer supports. The data is from "The leagues" and "The Members" section of the OP. So if there wasn't a badge there, I just assumed you or didn't exist. That sucks for now but if you PM with your team,and ( if it's not already in the OP) a 72x72 pixel icon of your club's badge, I'll include you/your team.

No ETA on when I'll make the changes or add things like multiple teams cause this was just a side project to learn how chrome extensions work, but I'll do my best to keep it updated as frequently as possible. Also, if you find a bug or think of a cool feature, hit me up and I'll try include it eventually.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/welcome-who-do-you-suppor/hpdgimakgkmppbobjhicgjdkncjnjplm?authuser=1
3vx7eVT1fmj3LwLpxjYQ8GIuGU4mN-s7El0dw46iqDPVe8sn91QXwQXKHd4eqksBAAsmUkzQIA=s640-h400-e365-rw

Awesome!

pls put Laboured under Arsenal. pls.

Wilbur

Banned
Never understood Michael Mann's allure. Don't even think Heat's anything better than decent. Always feel like that movie gets a pass because of the Al Pacini/De Niro involvement, even though they've shown themselves up to be limited actors subsequently.

I think it's very good. Manhunter's his best. Then Heat and Thief. Collateral is decent. Last of the mohicans is really boring.

Sweet lads, I'm only winging it in terms of what I know about chrome extensions so if it breaks everything pm me and I'll take it down. There's almost zero code to it so I don't think it'll set your browser on fire or anything.

jts

...hate me...
Hey everyone,

Okay.

Sign me up for FC Porto, Real Madrid, Valencia, Manchester City, Liverpool, Southampton, Roma, Olympic Lyon, Borussia Dortmund and Herenveen.

wedward

I think it's very good. Manhunter's his best. Then Heat and Thief. Collateral is decent. Last of the mohicans is really boring.

Heat, Manhunter and Thief are well made really fun movies.

Really like all three of them.

Laboured- What are your top 5 favorite movies. I don't know if I have ever heard you mention a movie you like.

I really like Herrera, but he gives the ball away just as much as Fellaini and Rooney :lol. Not sure why LVG doesn't rate him, and I don't think it's an indictment on him or Januzaj that they aren't being picked.

Gaal's a weird dude. We knew it already, but... he is.

Pretty much a everybody except Carrick and Blind give away too possession. Herrera fits into our midfield, we need someone like him I think.

Gaal is weird or going senile

Fintan

What do you mean by limited? I don't think anyone can say DeNiro or Pacino have made good choices of roles for the past almost 20 years, but I think that's a bit unfair when you look at the body of work both have from the 70's, and for De Niro into the 80's. Admittedly Pacino doesn't have a huge number of great movies (or a large filmography in general) but he's in a couple of the best movies ever.

It's a bit depressing to think that De Niro hasn't had a really good performance since...Jackie Brown, maybe?

Wilbur

Banned
What do you mean by limited? I don't think anyone can say DeNiro or Pacino have made good choices of roles for the past almost 20 years, but I think that's a bit unfair when you look at the body of work both have from the 70's, and for De Niro into the 80's. Admittedly Pacino doesn't have a huge number of great movies (or a large filmography in general) but he's in a couple of the best movies ever.

It's a bit depressing to think that De Niro hasn't had a really good performance since...Jackie Brown, maybe?

I'd go so far as to say Pacino in Dog Day Afternoon is my favourite performance of all time.

Yeah, JB. He's been decent in a few things, but nothing special since then (and even that he could do in his sleep; was better in Heat).

Rikkun

Hey everyone,

My avatar in the pic

I might cry

Yen

Wooden, I was reading an article today about how awful Scandanavia/the Nordic Model is, but particularly Denmark, and how America is so much better (because of all the freedom, I believe). The article said that 5% of Danish men have had sex with an animal. Is this true?

Wilbur

Banned
Wooden, I was reading an article today about how awful Scandanavia/the Nordic Model is, but particularly Denmark, and how America is so much better (because of all the freedom, I believe). The article said that 5% of Danish men have had sex with an animal. Is this true?

All the freedom in America and you still can't have sex with an animal.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

Were the animals dolphins, that is the better question.

We are free to fuck what we want.
IO0pqxZ.png

El Topo

Don't believe every bullshit you read. If it sounds outrageously stupid, chances are it is.

We are free to fuck what we want.

...There might be exceptions though.

Heat, Manhunter and Thief are well made really fun movies.

Really like all three of them.

Laboured- What are your top 5 favorite movies. I don't know if I have ever heard you mention a movie you like.

I'm horrible when it comes to liking movies. I find that some movies that I used to love age poorly, for example.

Certainly I've always been a fan of Fight Club, Oldboy, Turtles Can Fly, The Fountain and Un Prophete to name some that I think have kind of held against the test of time.

Hixx

Don't believe every bullshit you read. If it sounds outrageously stupid, chances are it is.

...There might be exceptions though.

I think the rule in Denmark is if there's a bit of hair around a hole it's legal to fuck it

which is why wooden has a 'tash

I think the rule in Denmark is if there's a bit of hair around a hole it's legal to fuck it

which is why wooden has a 'tash

Is this why you always want to shave without going to Sunderland matches?
baY5mNu.png

But to answer seriously, El Topo is right. Lots of hilarious mis information and shit in that article, but some things he does mention are true and does suck. It's not exactly an utopia, but eh, I don't want to trade it for the US system.

Wilbur

Banned
Phoebe's brother is great. Phoebe's pregnancy is not.

Watched the episodes today where Chandler kisses Kathy and Joey is really upset even though he's on a date with another woman when it's happening.

They're all such cunts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom