• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it's over, 4-2. Exciting second half with some great goals. Good league debuts for Tobias and Gauld.
So happy to see Tanaka score again, everyone says he is a great guy and you can see the whole squad likes him.

wedward

I do think Wilshere's got a higher ceiling than Ramsey, so for that alone I'd rather see him play. Teaching both of them some real defensive discipline and getting them together would be the perfect thing though.

I think it could be done. 4-3-3 with Wilshere-Schneiderlin-Ramsey is tasty on paper.

It didnt work at the beginning of the season. Wilshere is better going forward htan Ramsey, but Ramsey does everything else better. Wilshere's best hasnt even touched Ramsey's form from last season.

Also would rather see Ozil central than force Jack into the lineup.

Jack will be at West Ham within the next 5 years. Wenger will stick by him, but a new manager might not.

Fergie

Banned
Christ my friend got incredibly lucky with this late Sporting goal.

He has an accumulator going that he could cash in now for €132. It was a €1 bet.

Last thing is United last week, but that is just jokes. Tie HT / Leicester FT

He would win 6000+
Unlucky. Leicester are going to get merked.

jts

...hate me...
Unlucky. Leicester are going to get merked.

Yeah, he should 100% cash in. Because the 442 is back in style amirite.

But I won't convince him to do so. I don't want to be there if he cashes in and then his result happens.

AppropriateGraciousAmericanwirehair.gif

That little touch from Gauld... To do that with his second or first touch in his first ever league match for Sporting against a tough team takes some confidence. He was so calm during the match, I enjoyed his performance and he´ll definitely will have more chances to play soon.

Wilbur

Banned
AppropriateGraciousAmericanwirehair.gif

That little touch from Gauld... To do that with his second or first touch in his first ever league match for Sporting against a tough team takes some confidence. He was so calm during the match, I enjoyed his performance and he´ll definitely will have more chances to play soon.

Loved this.

Esch

Banned
Haha.

I just realized Welbeck has become kinda irrelevant again.

We should really just let him go and get someone better. At the very least he should get some play against Villa, Palace, etc. i suppose.

Haha.

I just realized Welbeck has become kinda irrelevant again.

We should really just let him go and get someone better. At the very least he should get some play against Villa, Palace, etc. i suppose.

The strange amount of Welbeck lovers will not find and quote this post, the next time he manages to score a goal.

"loool yeah, so useless right".

“Yes I was dreaming of playing him with Claude Makelele and Frank Lampard,” said Mourinho of the moment in 2005 when he came so close to signing Gerrard for a fee close to £32m.

“We would play in an open triangle without a number 10 - we would play (Claude) Makelele in front of the defenders.

“Me and Mr Abramovich, and at that time Peter Kenyon, we dreamt of that. We did everything to try (to get him) it was almost there but it was his decision (to stay) for me it was proven right, (he is) a Red forever so it was proven right.”

Meanwhile, Mourinho, fresh from a great 5-0 victory over Swansea, is less than enamoured with the song fans aim at Gerrard for the slip against Chelsea that ultimately lost Liverpool the Premier League title last season.

Fans all over the country have since let rip: 'Steve Gerrard Gerrard, he fell on his (backside), and gave it to Demba Ba, Steve Gerrard Gerard'.

Mourinho said: “He is a historical player for Liverpool, for the Premier League, an opponent I always admired and respected.

“That song that my fans have - I don't like. I don't like at all.

“A couple of times, it's good fun, but to go on and on an on, especially for a player like him, he deserves respect and we don't need that song, we have so many other ones.

And, perhaps taking a dig at another name from that dreamland midfield three, the Blues' boss said: “I love his quote that he would never score a goal against Liverpool.

"I love these words. I understand why he was almost, almost coming to Chelsea, and he didn't and I respect that.”

What a class act Mourinho is.

2oY7zFW.png

Yen

Funny to see Downing and Carroll on the scoresheet today. I've managed to condition the entirety of 2011/12 out of my brain.
Downing in particular did not show any guts or determination in his two years, to the extent that Rodgers played him at left back a few times, such was Downing's lack of creativity.

Esch

Banned
The strange amount of Welbeck lovers will not find and quote this post, the next time he manages to score a goal.

"loool yeah, so useless right".
I dont think he's useless or bad at all, but if the goal was to get someone better than giroud to add onto our arsenal (forgive the pun) then we haven't quite got that with him.

Wilbur

Banned
Even comparing those two.
JzKGOjM.png

Welbeck does have his place, but it's not as a number one forward for any top team in the premier league. Cavani would have, if it wasn't for the fee PSG would most likely demand and no one will be willing to pay.

I was only joking you smeg

Who in their right mind would compare them

I was only joking you smeg

Who in their right mind would compare them

It's hard to tell, considering the amount of people who don't seem to rate Cavani in here because he hasn't played for a premier league team yet and he wasn't on form that one or two time they watched PSG or Uruguay.

L1NETT

Welbeck does have his place, but it's not as a number one forward for any top team in the premier league.

nobody is saying Welbeck is some worldly striker, clearly his decision making in the final third leaves a lot to be desired, more a backlash against the waves of folk calling him shit

brings so much in general play, tracking back, winning the ball high up the pitch, pressing defenders and forcing turnovers. I'd like to see him play with his back to goal rather than on the half turn so much, has the physicality and decent enough first touch to do it. If Arsenal play compact like they did today in the first half him ox n sanchez on the counter tis right good.

but aye if Arsenal wanna challenge they need waaay more than a top striker. Need a new core. Couple of nasty cunts at centre half and midfield.

#strangewelbecklover

L1NETT

also I cannae go to the bridge and i'm MEGA MIFFED

wanted to see us get trollied yet out sing the prawn sandwich brigade for an hour and a half

it's not even on telly is it ah poo the pulse will do.

Wilbur

Banned
It's hard to tell, considering the amount of people who don't seem to rate Cavani in here because he hasn't played for a premier league team yet and he wasn't on form that one or two time they watched PSG or Uruguay.

I think his goal record for PSG is fine to be honest, especially considering he plays left wing.

Lightning

Banned
I dont think he's useless or bad at all, but if the goal was to get someone better than giroud to add onto our arsenal (forgive the pun) then we haven't quite got that with him.
I don't think the goal was ever to replace Giroud. Giroud was always going to slot straight back in once he was fit.

Welbeck is a decent backup and supplement striker though.

Arsenal will not sign a better striker than Giroud in Wenger's remaining years at Arsenal.

Esch

Banned
I don't think the goal was ever to replace Giroud. Giroud was always going to slot straight back in once he was fit.

Welbeck is a decent backup and supplement striker though.

Arsenal will not sign a better striker than Giroud in Wenger's remaining years at Arsenal.
Dare to dream lightning

we'll sign lacazette and he'll score a goal a game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom