• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll say Oscar.

tbf

dky0HfE.jpg

what a twink

operon

Watching motd now. Arsenal penalty soft as wilbur's faeces. Kompany still over rated. Where was the defending for the second goal. Great win for Arsenal.

jts

...hate me...
Ferguson was a deluded old man in the last 4-5 years in charge.

This is not exactly wrong. Their last title hides the fact that the team was left in a shambles by then. Little to no renovation happened in that timeframe you refer.

I think selling Ronaldo was the tipping point. Sure, they got a lot of money for him, but the idea that a mighty rich and powerful club can come and take your very best, that you're not on the top of the food chain, had a ripple effect that ultimately lasts to this very day.

The Villarreal centre-half Gabriel Paulista says his agent is in talks with Arsenal over a possible January transfer.

The 24-year-old Brazilian, who has become a cornerstone of a Villarreal team that have gone unbeaten since early November, has said he dreams of a move to the Premier League.

Arsène Wenger is determined to sign defensive cover this month as injuries have exposed a lack of depth in his squad. Having departed the summer transfer window with only five senior defenders, Wenger has said that it would be “too risky” if he did not supplement his numbers, particularly as Mathieu Debuchy is out for three months following shoulder surgery.

Villarreal want to take the Costa Rica striker, Joel Campbell, on loan from Arsenal for the rest of the season, which might make it easier for Wenger to deal with them. Campbell has grown frustrated at his lack of starting opportunities.

Gabriel spoke out on Saturday, after playing in Villarreal’s home win over Athletic Bilbao, and he confirmed that there was interest in him from Arsenal. He joined the Spanish club from Vitoria in Brazil for £2.5m in August 2013..

“Whether I go to Arsenal or stay at Villarreal, I won’t lose my head,” Gabriel said. “I’m very calm. My head is at Villarreal and I’m very focused. My agent is working on making sure I continue being calm.”

Gabriel spoke in a previous interview about his desire to play in England. “Playing in the Premier League is one of my dreams,” he said. “I have spoken to my agent about this.”

Anyone seen this guy play?

Haha.

I just realized Welbeck has become kinda irrelevant again.

We should really just let him go and get someone better. At the very least he should get some play against Villa, Palace, etc. i suppose.

He has not really impressed has he? He was at the cusp of being fantastic last season but I guess finishing as well as dribbling past a defender is still eluding him.

Sad though, then again I think there's still time for him to improve. He's only 24 anyway.

Rikkun

I go out for dinner

Juve Verona 6-0

I take a trip to the seaside to eat fish

Juve Verona 4-0

I go out to see the match

Juve Inter 1-1

dt8VE4X.png

Esch

Banned
He has not really impressed has he? He was at the cusp of being fantastic last season but I guess finishing as well as dribbling past a defender is still eluding him.

Sad though, then again I think there's still time for him to improve. He's only 24 anyway.

Yeah, i mean i pretty much agree with L1NETT 100%/. It's so bizarre how he refuses to take shots sometimes or attempt to take on defenders. Makes you think that it's a confidence problem more than a matter of physical or skill deficits. I'm not saying he couldn't become better, but I also completely understand when United fans say he just wasn't (isn't?) good enough.

Yeah, i mean i pretty much agree with L1NETT 100%/. It's so bizarre how he refuses to take shots sometimes or attempt to take on defenders. Makes you think that it's a confidence problem more than a matter of physical or skill deficits. I'm not saying he couldn't become better, but I also completely understand when United fans say he just wasn't (isn't?) good enough.

Yeah, I guess so too. He's fast enough to take almost all defenders I reckon, not to mention bloody hell. You're a striker m8. Maybe all those negative remarks we made to him when he was still at United has taken a toll :p

valeo

Welbeck was brought in as a backup striker while Giroud was injured and is doing an alright job as a backup. Will never be first choice. Giroud is far too dreamy.

People underrate just how good the handsome one is too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom