• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pennywise

Santi Cazorla what a complete midfielder!

cQxOGgD.gif

Liverpool 4-0 Real Madrid is the most complete performance I've ever seen from us, against an admittedly weak (relatively) Madrid side.

Every player was 9/10, from the 1st minute to the last.

FootballFan

CL final in 2010. Barça vs Man United. The most complete performance I have ever seen.

Other than that the 5-0 vs Madrid in 2010

Such a lovely year :(

That Cl final was 2011 m8 or do you mean the 09 one? 2010 was inter.

The 5-0 was definitely the most complete sports performance from any team anywhere any time.

600 million euro squad under best coach of all time absolutely humiliated by youth academy players and David villa. Sensational. Just ridiculously amazing.

Pennywise

Liverpool 4-0 Real Madrid is the most complete performance I've ever seen from us, against an admittedly weak (relatively) Madrid side.

Every player was 9/10, from the 1st minute to the last.

So we've got Liverpool against Madrid, Barca vs Madrid and I would pick Dortmund vs Madrid.
What a great fucking day that was.

And obviously Dortmund - Bayern cup final (sorry Bla) which ended 5:2.

Messi

That Cl final was 2011 m8 or do you mean the 09 one? 2010 was inter.

The 5-0 was definitely the most complete sports performance from any team anywhere any time.

600 million euro squad under best coach of all time absolutely humiliated by youth academy players and David villa. Sensational. Just ridiculously amazing.

My bad, it was the 2010-11 season so the final was in 2011.

Let us not forget Bojan assisted Jeffren for the fifth goal. Remember Jeffren.

FootballFan

My bad, it was the 2010-11 season so the final was in 2011.

Let us not forget Bojan assisted Jeffren for the fifth goal. Remember Jeffren.

I mentioned that the other day when jese goal vs barca in 90th minute came up. Youth players scoring useless late goals in El clasico could be a curse.

Or not

Messi hat trick 3rd goal vs Madrid Ronaldinho assist.gif

El Topo

Such sad choices. Best performance I've ever seen by a team is easily Bayern's performance in 2009 on 8th match day at home against Cologne.

Pennywise

Such sad choices. Best performance I've ever seen by a team is easily Bayern's performance in 2009 on 8th match day at home against Cologne.

League performances are a different tier, I would pick Dortmund vs Cologne.

Still renember when Podolski played for Cologne and the commentator was cheering when Cologne had their first chance after 70 or 80 minutes and made fun of them.

There are just far too many league games to choose from.

CCS

Banned
I think that's the match that Nani started taking the piss by doing keepy-uppys.

Morsel would've had an aneurysm.

That was a different game but still hilarious :lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFE-EiIW_iU

Never actually seen it, heard the score could easily have been 8-5 or so though.

Doesn't sound like a complete performance to me :p

Mostly suggesting it because there were some superb goals. Young scored a couple of beauties somehow.

I'm loving all these Arsenal fans creaming over a game where they parked the bus and scored from a couple of set pieces. Wenger is killing football as a spectator sport.

This is real football:

geKYLHr.gif

pulga

Banned
In this thread, FootyGaffers reveal their major aspiration/success in footballing life is beating Real Madrid
dnaO1RN.png

I'm loving all these Arsenal fans creaming over a game where they parked the bus and scored from a couple of set pieces. Wenger is killing football as a spectator sport.

This is real football:

geKYLHr.gif

Hearing Wenger talk about the Man City reinforces my belief that we are a small team.

How many times has he come out with stuff like that after an important win and not built on it? We beat Man City with a good defensive performance, but it will mean nothing if we don't play like that week in and out. 90 minutes doesn't make a season.

We have shown we have the ability and now I want to see us cut out the errors for the rest of the season. We will get beat again and we will concede goals, but at least if we can play like that then it will take a special effort for a team to beat us, instead of us just giving a side three easy points.

Not all of us, I have seen us perform like this too many times to get excited by one game. As Aristotle once said "Excellence, it is not an act, but a habit.

Mista

Banned

This is real football:

geKYLHr.gif

Wait what? We dealt with the game really well as they have a better squad

Look who's talking about parking the bus. Typical

Aw bless the chelsea fans finally discovering one touch passing.

Let them enjoy their days. Maybe they'll go back supporting Arsenal & Tottenham again later

Jack cw

LOL.
I think the best team performances were:

- France vs. Brazil 1998 WC final
- Bayern vs. Barca CL semis 12/13
- Liverpool vs. Milan CL final 2005
- Barca vs. Real in 2010
- Dortmund vs. Juve CL final 1997

Wait what? We dealt with the game really well as they have a better squad

Look who's talking about parking the bus. Typical

Let them enjoy their days. Maybe they'll go back supporting Arsenal & Tottenham again later

First they were liverpool fans, then they discovered their long lost uncle in law went to old trafford by accident, so they became united fans then they became Chelsea fans.

L1NETT

Everyone knows the complete team performance was city beating Aston villa 3-1 in the first leg of the league cup semi January 2013

I mean villa scored a goal so they were better than they are now

Just one more. It's coming, Hitch!

sturridgek8sq1.gif

He can win every Balloon from now to eternity if we can keep Sturridge fit for a single month :(

Still can't believe that he's played 3 games all season, and the prognosis for his first injury was like 3 weeks. That is ridiculous.

Kicker on Reus:
- decision in March, although the clause is still active in April
- Opel and Puma want him to stay in Dortmund, €8m a year is possible, highest earner at BVB
- Reus rather wants to win the Bundesliga with BVB than to win 4 or 5 titles in Spain or England
- people close to him can imagine him staying at BVB, even without CL

Bayern is completely dead in the race :lol

Let's do it, Marco!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom