• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning, HateGames.
3N1H0Fc.png
howdy
Welcome

who do you tolerate?
oh ive been here before, im usually get banned a lot hence the post drought lol i support different team each year. this year i want man utd to get top 4 and dortmund to win cl
Think people are slightly overrating that thumping Barca gave us. Early game in the season, new coach implementing new ideas, with a new batch of players that had come in (Di Maria, Casper the friendly Ghost, Khedira) Peak Barca guys, against a new Madrid side. I wasn't even mad.
h8xug2P.png
madrid were undefeated at the time though, i thought it would be a tight game but barca ripped them up.
pls do you know football?
u must have missed my 'thats football' poem. i can repost it if u like

GHG

howdy

oh ive been here before, im usually get banned a lot hence the post drought lol i support different team each year. this year i want man utd to get top 4 and dortmund to win cl

madrid were undefeated at the time though, i thought it would be a tight game but barca ripped them up.

u must have missed my 'thats football' poem. i can repost it if u like

So you're a football neutral but you hate Arsenal?

I'm so sorry that you've had no reason to support us for so long.

GHG

I want Southampton to finish 3rd.

Man united to finish 4th.

And then for arsenal to win the CL.

Banter.

Pennywise

Kicker on Reus:
- decision in March, although the clause is still active in April
- Opel and Puma want him to stay in Dortmund, €8m a year is possible, highest earner at BVB
- Reus rather wants to win the Bundesliga with BVB than to win 4 or 5 titles in Spain or England
- people close to him can imagine him staying at BVB, even without CL

Bayern is completely dead in the race :lol

Let's do it, Marco!

Exactly what I expected after listening to Hennecke(Kicker) and a few others who got some pretty good sources on that matter.

Anyway, I really hope the team steps up and maybe Reus decides to stay.
At least Hummels already said, it wouldn't be the end of the world to play a season without the CL.

warning: this 'poem' maybe interpreted as cr7 hate but it isnt, its directed towards mindless fanboys who dont know nothing about football

Football, what is it?
Many claim to know it, but really they don’t know shit

Doing 7 step overs and running to the corner flag to cross the ball, that isn’t football
Coming out at retirement at 33 to make the favourites look like amateurs when the world is watching, that’s football

Missing a penalty then doing the disappearing act in both legs in a semi-final, that isn’t football
Moving to a new country at 19 and scoring 47 goals in 49 games in one of the top leagues, that’s football

Missing a penalty in the final after having already missed one in the semi-final but still getting called one of the greatest, that isn’t football
Scoring 8 goals at a world cup after 4 years of injuries and complete misery, that’s football

Conveniently getting placed as a fifth penalty taker in a semi-final so you don’t have to take a penalty against your club team mate, that isn’t football
Dribbling past 4 players against your bitter rivals on their home turf in a semi-final to score what proved to be the winning goal, that’s football

Hitting a one man wall when your team needs you and the world is watching you, that isn’t football
Setting the record for losing the ball but still having the audacity to trying the rabona in extra time and eventually scoring the winner, that’s football

Russian funded team spending millions to put 11 players in the box in every big game, that isn’t football
Going to the theatre of dreams and chipping the goal keeper from 30 yards after getting criticised for not being a goal scorer, that’s football

Fanboys using just stats to judge a players worth, that isn’t football
Using your hand to score a goal and then dribbling from your own half to score the goal of the century in the same game, that’s football

Using a media campaign to beg for a Ballon d'or, that isn’t football
Scoring a goal in the quarter-finals, hat-trick in semi-final and two in the final at 17 during the world cup finals, that’s football

Demanding the ball in the dying seconds and playing a one-two to score the goal to win the title during your first year in one of the top leagues, that’s football
Scoring a wonder goal in the closing seconds of a game to send your team through to the final despite being a man down, that’s football

Missing a penalty in the final at your home stadium after having missed two golden chances in a world cup final two years earlier to later coming back the next year and scoring a winner in the final despite the fans booing you all season, that’s football

It’s called football, most don’t know shit about it

Exactly what I expected after listening to Hennecke(Kicker) and a few others who got some pretty good sources on that matter.

Anyway, I really hope the team steps up and maybe Reus decides to stay.
At least Hummels already said, it wouldn't be the end of the world to play a season without the CL.

We might be lucky that Real and Barca have so many players in Reus' position. It would be madness if he joined either.

scabro

warning: this 'poem' maybe interpreted as cr7 hate but it isnt, its directed towards mindless fanboys who dont know nothing about football

Football, what is it?
Many claim to know it, but really they don’t know shit

Doing 7 step overs and running to the corner flag to cross the ball, that isn’t football
Coming out at retirement at 33 to make the favourites look like amateurs when the world is watching, that’s football

Missing a penalty then doing the disappearing act in both legs in a semi-final, that isn’t football
Moving to a new country at 19 and scoring 47 goals in 49 games in one of the top leagues, that’s football

Missing a penalty in the final after having already missed one in the semi-final but still getting called one of the greatest, that isn’t football
Scoring 8 goals at a world cup after 4 years of injuries and complete misery, that’s football

Conveniently getting placed as a fifth penalty taker in a semi-final so you don’t have to take a penalty against your club team mate, that isn’t football
Dribbling past 4 players against your bitter rivals on their home turf in a semi-final to score what proved to be the winning goal, that’s football

Hitting a one man wall when your team needs you and the world is watching you, that isn’t football
Setting the record for losing the ball but still having the audacity to trying the rabona in extra time and eventually scoring the winner, that’s football

Russian funded team spending millions to put 11 players in the box in every big game, that isn’t football
Going to the theatre of dreams and chipping the goal keeper from 30 yards after getting criticised for not being a goal scorer, that’s football

Fanboys using just stats to judge a players worth, that isn’t football
Using your hand to score a goal and then dribbling from your own half to score the goal of the century in the same game, that’s football

Using a media campaign to beg for a Ballon d'or, that isn’t football
Scoring a goal in the quarter-finals, hat-trick in semi-final and two in the final at 17 during the world cup finals, that’s football

Demanding the ball in the dying seconds and playing a one-two to score the goal to win the title during your first year in one of the top leagues, that’s football
Scoring a wonder goal in the closing seconds of a game to send your team through to the final despite being a man down, that’s football

Missing a penalty in the final at your home stadium after having missed two golden chances in a world cup final two years earlier to later coming back the next year and scoring a winner in the final despite the fans booing you all season, that’s football

It’s called football, most don’t know shit about it

somewhere, somehow, Lambda is turning in his grave

miserable

Think people are slightly overrating that thumping Barca gave us. Early game in the season, new coach implementing new ideas, with a new batch of players that had come in (Di Maria, Casper the friendly Ghost, Khedira) Peak Barca guys, against a new Madrid side. I wasn't even mad.
h8xug2P.png

nah pulga, you gotta take the L on this one
everybody was expecting a Madrid victory with Mou+Ronaldo combo, or at least a very close game in which we would neutralize Barca
yet Pep Team shat on us and rubbed it in
"Jose Mourinho, welcome to Spain.This is how we dance".That was the message they sent.
i was LEGIT SHOOK after that match

oh well, such is life, you win some you lose some
jbt6ZeEpbmJrSS.png

Mista

Banned
invincibles are so damn overrated, where the fuck were they in cl? did they evne make it past group stage? lmao fuck arsenal. any team that has been in cl this long but not managed a single trophy should be banned from the competition

i guarantee u man city will win cl before arsenal do

Why are you going to cry now?

Jack cw

h8xug2P.png

The fact you still talk about it, implies nothing but being butthurt.
Anyway, I still like you.

Wilbur

Banned
Favourite United performances.

Beating Roma 7-1
4-2 at the Emirates
Rooney doing Milan
Fulham 2-2

I wonder if Wilbur still hates that pep barca.

I think the 2008/09 squad were just glorious to watch. I think the 5-0 vs Madrid is the greatest team performqnce I've ever seen.

I just think they were a) constricted by the fact they had to make four hundred passes before putting it in the box and b) a bunch of fucking whiners if you defend against them.

Messi still the GOAT.

KidJr

HateGames, ok your entitled your opinion but on whats basis are they over-rated?

To say the team was over-rated is to say the players were over rated, Henry berkamp over-rated? no. Viera, Fabregas (many dont remember this was his break through season, dominating midfields since 16) Gilberto over rated? No if anything Gilberto was underrated by Arsenal fans (including myself).

Pires (who again when I look back knowing what I know, I feel ashamed I didnt appreciate how good he was) and Ljunberg over-rated? No.

Our back four spoke for it's self.When you go 49-games unbeaten in the modern game you have to give credit where its due regardless if you dont want to the players.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Leeds United owner Massimo Cellino has lost his appeal against the Football League's decision to disqualify him from owning the club.

lol

Mista

Banned
HateGames, ok your entitled your opinion but on whats basis are they over-rated?

To say the team was over-rated is to say the players were over rated, Henry berkamp over-rated? no. Viera, Fabregas (many dont remember this was his break through season, dominating midfields since 16) Gilberto over rated? No if anything Gilberto was underrated by Arsenal fans (including myself).

Pires (who again when I look back knowing what I know, I feel ashamed I didnt appreciate how good he was) and Ljunberg over-rated? No.

Our back four spoke for it's self.When you go 49-games unbeaten in the modern game you have to give credit where its due regardless if you dont want to the players.

Bless you mate.

RiggyRob

You know United would still qualify for the CL, right?

No they wouldn't, after Liverpool won it in 2005 they changed the rule so that whoever finishes 4th gets replaced by the CL winner if they're not already in the top 3 places - it's how Tottenham got screwed over when Chelsea finished 6th but won the CL.

KidJr

Arse-gaf

How is Ospina doing?

Growing in confidence every game, way to early to assess him yet.

He hasnt had have one of those games where he is the reason we are 0-0 (e.g. De Gea performances).

But for the most part he is doing the basics well. I guess in this day and age I should be thankful for that though lol.

We've also been linked with Gabriel Paulista along with Arsenal, but Villareal are saying the minimum fee release clause must be paid (€20 million).

Pittance, but I have no idea if he's gud.

scabro

We've also been linked with Gabriel Paulista along with Arsenal, but Villareal are saying the minimum fee release clause must be paid (€20 million).

speaking of players we've been linked with, i wonder if you will go for Moreno since Van Gaal managed him in AZ when they won the title.

KidJr

For all those with Skysports, what do you think about Henry and his punditry skills?

Also I need stand up and give a round of applause to hector bellerin. The kid is 19, no previous first team experience and had a shaky start, he has adapted so quickly to first team football it really feels like having a new signing. And although when you watch him closely he definitel isnt fully upto speed (in terms of thinking time, positioning, awareness.. just odd errors here and there around these three points I noticed yday) it constantly gets masked due to his retarded recover pace. Well done mate, hope he gets a new contract bulks up and gets better positionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom