• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Topo

LOL.
I think the best team performances were:

- France vs. Brazil 1998 WC final
- Bayern vs. Barca CL semis 12/13
- Liverpool vs. Milan CL final 2005
- Barca vs. Real in 2010
- Dortmund vs. Juve CL final 1997

Germany-Brazil, 2014 WC semi-final. It's a perfect performance coupled with the complete implosion of the opposite team. I might never witness something like that ever again.

Yen

Kicker on Reus:
- decision in March, although the clause is still active in April
- Opel and Puma want him to stay in Dortmund, €8m a year is possible, highest earner at BVB
- Reus rather wants to win the Bundesliga with BVB than to win 4 or 5 titles in Spain or England
- people close to him can imagine him staying at BVB, even without CL

Bayern is completely dead in the race :lol

Let's do it, Marco!
Don't do this to yourself.

pulga

Banned
Fantastic team that is a great measuring stick. Nothing wrong with that.

We're not always a great team though! I think most of the victories people are citing here are from the *shudder* Calderon era, when we were less than dog shit in Europe ;_;

Best Arsenal performance I ever saw was Arsenal vs Juve, 4-1. That game hurt so much, but it was just a devastating performance.

Best Juve performance, might be Juve vs RM, 3-1. Complete and utter destruction.

Best Italy performance, maybe against the Germans in the semi final of 06. Whole stadium against us and we played played strong till the end and won with two cracking goals in E.T

Best overall performance. Milan destroying the "Dream Team"

Jack cw

Germany-Brazil, 2014 WC semi-final. It's a perfect performance coupled with the complete implosion of the opposite team. I might never witness something like that ever again.

Yes, that game was crazy, but on the other hand, I've never ssen a worse team performance than Brazil on that evening.

Linius

We're not always a great team though! I think most of the victories people are citing here are from the *shudder* Calderon era, when we were less than dog shit in Europe ;_;

That '95 team had Redondo, Buyo, Raul, Laudrup, Zamorano and Luis Enrique on the pitch
p1kx90C.png

Ajax had a beautiful team too. Ronald de Boer (Frank was injured), Danny Blind, Kluivert, Reiziger, George, Davids, Litmanen, Overmars and Van der Sar etc.

What a time to be alive.

pulga

Banned
Best performance I've seen from Madrid is possibly the demolishing of Bayern last season.

Current CL holders at the time and widely recognized as the best team in Europe, plus all that bestia negra smack talk, and at their home stadium.

Absolutely delightful.

pulga

Banned
That '95 team had Redondo, Buyo, Raul, Laudrup, Zamorano and Luis Enrique on the pitch
p1kx90C.png

Ajax had a beautiful team too. Ronald de Boer (Frank was injured), Danny Blind, Kluivert, Reiziger, George, Davids, Litmanen, Overmars and Van der Sar etc.

What a time to be alive.

How the fuck do you even remember a match from 1995, weren't you like 5 years old back then!? :lol

Mista

Banned
Best performance I've seen from Madrid is possibly the demolishing of Bayern last season.

Current CL holders at the time and widely recognized as the best team in Europe, plus all that bestia negra smack talk, and at their home stadium.

Absolutely delightful.

The last classico was one hell of a performance too

Would've ended 7 if they didnt focus on Rodriguez to score

Messi

Absolutely delightful.

That was magical.

Linius

How the fuck do you even remember a match from 1995, weren't you like 5 years old back then!? :lol

I remember bits of it as memories of the time. I got to stay up and shit. But obviously I only know the details because I watched games from our 95/96 era later on. If I were only born 5 to 10 years earlier :(

Splatt

Absolutely delightful.

I always love when Pep gets his bald head penetrated

KidJr

Best Arsenal performance I ever saw was Arsenal vs Juve, 4-1. That game hurt so much, but it was just a devastating performance.

Best Juve performance, might be Juve vs RM, 3-1. Complete and utter destruction.

Best Italy performance, maybe against the Germans in the semi final of 06. Whole stadium against us and we played played strong till the end and won with two cracking goals in E.T

Best overall performance. Milan destroying the "Dream Team"

Is that the one where Fabregas Dominated Viera?

That Arsenal win does not come close to being the best team performarnce, it doesnt even qualify for discussion in Arsenals best team performance.

Best team performance is obviously something from peps Barca. Best team I have ever seen play the beautiful game with Arsenals invincibals a close second. Ajax and unbeatable spain joint third.

Mista

Banned

That Arsenal win does not come close to being the best team performarnce, it doesnt even qualify for discussion in Arsenals best team performance.

Best team performance is obviously something from peps Barca. Best team I have ever seen play the beautiful game with Arsenals invincibals a close second. Ajax and unbeatable spain joint third.

Invincibles were something really exceptional :(

FootballFan

Yes Kidjr!

I remember expecting another disappointing season in 09 when pep lost the first match in la liga, then drew the second.

Then he won the treble

invincibles are so damn overrated, where the fuck were they in cl? did they evne make it past group stage? lmao fuck arsenal. any team that has been in cl this long but not managed a single trophy should be banned from the competition

i guarantee u man city will win cl before arsenal do

invincibles are so damn overrated, where the fuck were they in cl? did they evne make it past group stage? lmao fuck arsenal. any team that has been in cl this long but not managed a single trophy should be banned from the competition

Welcome

who do you tolerate?

Sorry Arsenal 3 not 4. It was back in 2001. Arsenal were breathtaking that night.

Walshy

Barcelona's 5-0 destruction of Mourinho's Madrid in 2010 was the best performance I've ever watched.

Liverpool performance is probably 2005 Champions League final vs. Milan. Close second is the 5-1 vs. Arsenal last season.

pulga

Banned
Think people are slightly overrating that thumping Barca gave us. Early game in the season, new coach implementing new ideas, with a new batch of players that had come in (Di Maria, Casper the friendly Ghost, Khedira) Peak Barca guys, against a new Madrid side. I wasn't even mad.
h8xug2P.png

pls do you know football?

GHG

So much hate. So much anger.

Arsenal creates so much emotion in people who apparently don't care.

Arsenal is football.

I do kinda agree that the Invinciables are overrated. I saw a yahoo top ten winning streaks in sport and they had that as number 10, over Milan's dominating run in 91-92 lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom