• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to say really. He has no caps so he probably shouldn't, but it's always a bit fluid an there is a scale where players earn "points" based off various criteria. Price comes into play so perhaps if his transfer fee is high enough, he might get through.

Calleri's contract is now owned by Deportivo Maldonado, the shell team with unknown financing. Supposedly this is just a one-year loan. Will be interesting to see if that impacts the work permit situation.

VLiberty

Milik to Napoli for probably 30 to 35 million.

*insert crazy meme*

Probably never scouted him at Ajax and only watched a few games with Poland.

Going from Higuain to Milik... Napoli wasting the jackpot money imo.

Yep. I will likely not survive this transfer session. fuck everything

Blablurn

13879357_10153811694888030_4710502464290093668_n.jpg

götze is sure looking good

Yep. I will likely not survive this transfer session. fuck everything

Napoli fan?

The only thing you can hope for is that he picks up the high level at Napoli and grows with it. He's still only 22, but I wouldn't bet any money on it. He's just a very mediocre player who got the jackpot. Frank De Boer didn't even like him at Ajax.
That said, we all thought that Mertens would never manage to play good at Napoli and he did well.

VLiberty

Napoli fan?

The only thing you can hope for is that he picks up the high level at Napoli and grows with it. He's still only 22, but I wouldn't bet any money on it. He's just a very mediocre player who got the jackpot. Frank De Boer didn't even like him at Ajax.
That said, we all thought that Mertens would never manage to play good at Napoli and he did well.

I have faith in Sarri, but, as you said, the price is ridiculous. 30 to 35m for someone who has yet to show anything, almost as much as we paid Higuain in 2013. And everybody said that 40m for Higuain were crazy and we were gifting money to Real back then.

(fun fact: Juventus offered 30m for Higuain that year)

Elchele

Götze is rich and famous, scored the winner for Germany in the World Cup. I understand if he doesn't give a shit anymore tbh

Audioboxer

This is just sad. I still like him but he totally has no idea how to handle his body.

Baby face isn't his fault, but he just always seems to look... chubby?

I mean he's no Rooney but I can understand why German football fans give him a bit of stick.

Audioboxer

He's kinda fat for a footballer. He is too interested in social media crap.

Yeah I mean that. Simply as a human being he's in damn good shape still. Footballers though these days are usually like athlete machines. Primarily in part because most clubs train hard and are strict as feck about diet and lifestyle.

Beefy

Yeah I mean that. Simply as a human being he's in damn good shape still. Footballers though these days are usually like athlete machines. Primarily in part because most clubs train hard and are strict as feck about diet and lifestyle.

If Gotze still does his "cooking with Gotze" I can see why he is a little fat. The guy use to bake cakes near every week.

Liverpool fans, who do you think was at fault for the 2nd goal last night? Mignolet or Wisdom? Looking at the replay, I have to go with Mignolet.

So weird, it isn't like he's going to get more playing time at PSG.

And I'm still waiting for some incoming transfer(s). Now that Jese is gone I really think that Real needs another backup for Ronaldo/Bale and off course a midfielder.

I have rarely been impressed by Jesé. €25m for him is a good price for Madrid IMO.

He was one of the biggest talents until a few years ago where he had a major injury. Since then he never got that to that level again again.

Such a shame honestly.

Syder

lmao fuck u Alex Song
I'm a Cameroonian and Brazil 2014 still hurt
I was pulling for him when he joined us, the first 5 months were great. He was showing the side of him that got him his move to Barça, he was basically the best player the club had in a long time. Then we reached the new year and were 'safe' and he just cooled his jets completely. When we got him on a second loan last season clearly Bilić saw through his bullshit and he wasn't given many opportunities.

Draxler is fronting vs his club: http://sportbild.bild.de/bundesliga...ng-mit-allofs-und-hecking-47124584.sport.html
Says he announced that he wanted to leave right after the Euro while the bosses continued to claim he'd stay.
Also says it was clear to everyone involved that Wolfsburg was only an intermediate step to end up at an int. top club.

I can't see him staying now.

Article mentions Arsenal as a possible target.

He's quite mediocre and inconsistent, imho.

la_briola

The Premier League has pumped over €400 million into the Bundesliga in the last two summer transfer windows alone.

feeder league.

Syder

@SkySportsNewsHQ
SKY SOURCES: Brighton agree fee for Tottenham midfielder Alex Pritchard.

£8m....
On what basis is Pritchard worth this? I've not seen much of him. Seems like an average player, potential to be a decent player for a Premier League club but hardly worth that much.

Tubie

I would love it if Tio Flo manages to torpedo the fuck out of the Pogba deal.

It seems Pogba prefers Madrid cause of Zidane, but Man U is just offering way more than Madrid is.

A late 100m euro bid from Flo would close this tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom