• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim.mbp

I just came home from vacation, can someone fill me in on Zlatan? Is he retiring from football?

[edit] Oh, he is leaving PSG. I wonder where he will end up.

I also dislike our home jerseys for next season. That collar, ugh.

Alessandro Alciato, Sky Italia, said it was 90% certain he'd go to the LA Galaxy, 10% ManU.

Jack cw

Did we buy Sanchez yet?
tumblr_nk5281pMoa1te9jx5o1_250.gif

Beefy

Fraser Forster signs 5yr deal.
James Ward-Prowse signs 6yr deal.

Saints shutting up the press at the moment.

la_briola

Rode should go to Dortmnund, but Guendolol is not leaving. Guess Gladbach or Neverkusen would be the second best teams -- please no Golfsburg.

Aki is really hurt how we stole his golden boy and he isn't over this humiliation.

Bürki, Schmelzer, mustafi, Bender, sokratis.
What a defence.
Aki is the first one who'd take Götze back. But like I said, if everything goes well, there's just no need for him.

Considering how shaky Hummels was in the last two years under Klopp, it's hardly worse performance wise. Sure lacking the big name with Hummels, though. I hope Ginter finally makes the step forward and plays as CB, he is our planned Hummels replacement after all.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
What makes you think Liverpool even wanted these guys?

Liverpool are after a keeper and it's been rumoured all season Forster and Butland were the targets.

plus, you know, they've had like four of our players in the last year or two. I guess that was a Brendan Rodgers thing though.

Liverpool are after a keeper and it's been rumoured all season Forster and Butland were the targets.

Actually the rumour all season has been Marc ter Stegen and to a very lesser degree Butland. First I'm hearing of Forster and I follow all Liverpool news.

Lately we've been connected to Timo Horn.

plus, you know, they've had like four of our players in the last year or two. I guess that was a Brendan Rodgers thing though.

Yeah that's a Rodgers thing not Klopp.

Floody

Actually the rumour all season has been Marc ter Stegen and to a very lesser degree Butland. First I'm hearing of Forster and I follow all Liverpool news.

Lately we've been connected to Timo Horn.

Yeah that's a Rodgers thing not Klopp.

I think when we got Migs, Forster was also heavily rumored to be a target too, so maybe it's just an old rumor coming back to life.

I so fucking hope we get Butland though, look how bad Stoke went once he got injured.

bjaelke

Get French Football @GFFN
Breaking | Layvin Kurzawa, Samir Nasri & Jérémy Menez have illegally bought their driving licences without doing a test, per Le Parisien.

:lol

Aki is the first one who'd take Götze back. But like I said, if everything goes well, there's just no need for him.

Considering how shaky Hummels was in the last two years under Klopp, it's hardly worse performance wise. Sure lacking the big name with Hummels, though. I hope Ginter finally makes the step forward and plays as CB, he is our planned Hummels replacement after all.

Holy shit. Not even left yet, and already BVB fans retroactively changing the past. Last year everyone was shit, not only Hummels. He had a couple of mistakes defensively this year but you are already sweeping his essential build-up play and offensive capabilities completely under the rug.

And then you mention Ginter?? GINTER FOR CHRIST SAKE?
Ginter is a piece of fucking shit. He was shit as RB and he'll be shit as CB.
His positioning is shit, he has no situational awareness and doesn't know how to hold a line and how much space he should allow between him and the guy next to him. He was literally the worst defender Dortmund had on the pitch this year, worse than Neven.

Only because he managed to provide some crosses that didn't land in between Block 34-30 / 54-50 people have this skewed perception that he actually is worth anything. He's shit.

Instead of talking shit about Hummels and praising Ginter in the next sentence you should start to cope with reality and maybe accept that Hummels leaving is a big fucking deal and he isn't someone to be replaced easily.

spidye

so pep said he'll never come back to bayern as a coach

I am the happiest person on this planet. :lololololololol

I can't hold all the laughs

Beefy

Koeman has said he will not leave Southampton. He will be here to the end of next season at least. Unless Southampton sack him etc of course.

Meier

i dont even know ur wingers

Pulisic is the youngest player in Bundesliga history to score two goals. The future of American football. <3 Tuchel is killing me with playing him in the U19 games again as of late.

CgQUaPNWEAEeeop.jpg

And their new signing Ousmane Dembele just had a phenomenal season in Ligue 1. 12 goals as an 18 year old.

BVB wingers 2016: Dembele and Pulisic, age 18
Bayern wingers 2016: Robben and Ribery, age 32

The future is ours

Edit: wait, Robben is leaving for Besiktas?

RIP Bayern

The future is Bayerns when Robben and Ribery are done Dembele and Pulisic should be ready to leave the Bayern academy.

DerZuhälter;203493804 said:
Holy shit. Not even left yet, and already BVB fans retroactively changing the past. Last year everyone was shit, not only Hummels. He had a couple of mistakes defensively this year but you are already sweeping his essential build-up play and offensive capabilities completely under the rug.

And then you mention Ginter?? GINTER FOR CHRIST SAKE?
Ginter is a piece of fucking shit. He was shit as RB and he'll be shit as CB.
His positioning is shit, he has no situational awareness and doesn't know how to hold a line and how much space he should allow between him and the guy next to him. He was literally the worst defender Dortmund had on the pitch this year, worse than Neven.

Only because he managed to provide some crosses that didn't land in between Block 34-30 / 54-50 people have this skewed perception that he actually is worth anything. He's shit.

Instead of talking shit about Hummels and praising Ginter in the next sentence you should start to cope with reality and maybe accept that Hummels leaving is a big fucking deal and he isn't someone to be replaced easily.

Or how about you stop talking shit and actually read my post?

I've never said Hummels' attacking abilities are not important. And I said Hummels was shaky in the last two years under Klopp, obviously not talking about this season. Also, yeah, everyone was shit last season. But a captain coming back who lacks ambition and is also overweight just leaves a worse picture than, say, Schmelzer or Kagawa, even more so when he lacked concentration the season before as well.

And I did in no word praise Ginter. What I said is that I hope he finally does what we bought him for. And that was to be our CB when one of Hummels, Subotic and Sokratis leaves. If there is any evaluation in this single sentence, then it is that Ginter should get his shit together and finally do what we bought him for.

Seriously, the only thing worse than the blind Hummels hate from BVB fans (which again, I clearly did NOT do) is the blind Hummels apologism like that SZ article ("Why I clap everytime Hummels touches the ball" or something) or which is common among teenage girls who have their room plastered with actual Hummels wall paper.

Hummels leaving isn't great but it's something everybody has been expecting to happen sooner or later. What we didn't expect is that he's leaving for Bayern. This doesn't change anything related to replacing him on the pitch. It only changes which memories he leaves behind at BVB fans, and that won't be a good one.

Meier

How many times have I heard this before.. :'(

Well, we've never actually had a young player getting minutes for a top team before so that's the main difference. Plus, the fact he just looks completely natural while playing for them is the other part. You'd never guess it was a 17 year old American kid bossing the game. He is clearly the best prospect we've ever had and it's not even close.

so pep said he'll never come back to bayern as a coach

I am the happiest person on this planet. :lololololololol

I can't hold all the laughs

As someone who hates City, my dream scenario is still a Pep coached City knocking out Bayern in the CL semi-finals, just to see the GAF meltdowns.

El Topo

As someone who hates City, my dream scenario is still a Pep coached City knocking out Bayern in the CL semi-finals, just to see the GAF meltdowns.

Let's be honest, there'd be a much bigger meltdown at GAF if all EPL clubs completely crashed and burned in the group phase. That said, I do admit it would be a bit amusing.
Wouldn't mind if Pep achieved the Spanish quadruple either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom