• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack cw

Apparently Arsenal asks Alexis Sanchez for talks about his contract. He obviously doesn't want to extend, Arsenal wants at least the sum they gave Barca. Bayern pays it. That means Götze is done at Bayern.

Carbonox

I used to be a big fan of Gotze. Real shame what happened to him and I do hope he can pick up again somewhere else.

Sanchez to Bayern would be interesting. Anyone's better than Arsenal though.

Apparently Arsenal asks Alexis Sanchez for talks about his contract. He obviously doesn't want to extend, Arsenal wants at least the sum they gave Barca. Bayern pays it. That means Götze is done at Bayern.

That's still on? I thought we assumed the press just got him mixed up with Renato Sanches and the whole thing is bogus.

Forbes’ annual top 10 world’s most valuable football teams:

1 Real Madrid £2.52bn

2 Barcelona £2.46bn

3 Manchester United £2.3bn

4 Bayern Munich £1.85bn

5 Arsenal £1.4bn

6 Manchester City £1.33bn

7 Chelsea £1.15bn

8 Liverpool £1.07bn

9 Juventus £900m

10 Tottenham £704m

Bayern doing smashing business and we haven't even begun the actual transfer period yet. Woodward, what the fuck you doing over there.

EmiPrime

83Sgx2e.png

El Topo

Bayern doing smashing business and we haven't even begun the actual transfer period yet. Woodward, what the fuck you doing over there.

With so much inner turmoil and uncertainty, with Champions League not guaranteed/safe, I think United might simply not be appealing enough compared to big clubs. There's only so much you can do on transfers if the rest isn't sorted out.

Jack cw

DerZuhälter;203345886 said:
That's still on? I thought we assumed the press just got him mixed up with Renato Sanches and the whole thing is bogus.
The press knew nothing about Sanches. Even di Marzio was convinced the day before Bayern bought him, that he would join United very soon.

Sanchez on the other hand is on Bayerns list since a couple of months, the board wants a winger that has finishing qualities. Robben missed 2/seasons in a row in tthe final third of the season and doesn't get any younger. If Ancelotti is OK with it, Bayern starts talking with Arsenal. Götze leaving leaves room for another player getting high salary. The RB is coming next year it appears.

Jarnet87

What would you like Woody to do? He clearly knows nothing about football so he waits for van Gaal to identify a target and then tries to negotiate. We could have had Sanches but backed out according to some reports.

Pochettino officially signed his contract. One less quality manager available. If the board doesn't sign Mourinho they are gonna have to give Giggs the job in 2017 as there will be no one else available lol.

With so much inner turmoil and uncertainty, with Champions League not guaranteed/safe, I think United might simply not be appealing enough compared to big clubs. There's only so much you can do on transfers if the rest isn't sorted out.

United weren't particularly appealing even with Champions League football. It can only get worse. The most high profile signing was Di Maria and even he was an off-load from Madrid that couldn't get into his first choice of PSG temporarily because of the FFP restrictions.

What would you like Woody to do? He clearly knows nothing about football so he waits for van Gaal to identify a target and then tries to negotiate. We could have had Sanches but backed out according to some reports.

Pochettino officially signed his contract. One less quality manager available. If the board doesn't sign Mourinho they are gonna have to give Giggs the job in 2017 as there will be no one else available lol.

I want him to tell van Gaal to fuck off and then I want him to fuck off and focus on what he's good at, such as the commercial deals and sponsorships, and not being a lost puppy in the transfer market.

Always sad to see a manager get sacked regardless of factors, this is no different. But the guy certainly had it coming, and aside from that he can come across as so smug and contemptuous post match when he loses, so he won't be missed.

De Boer incoming.

Moysey :p

Martinez had that unfortunate trait of trying to sugar coat every loss with we played with good 'intensity' and 'commitment'. Rodgers did the same when he was with us. At least Klopp says we played shit when we played shit.

I feel a bit sorry for him but it seemed to go downhill fast.

la_briola

"Frankfurt: Bobic bekommt einen Vertrag bis 2019"

Bobic got his 3 year contract, seems Huebner will stay also till 2019, so no Heldt (for now).

Floody

Sky have already said Koeman's name about fifty times linking him with Everton.

He'd be great for Everton, but there is literally zero reasons why he'd leave Southampton for Everton at this moment. At best it'd be a sideways move, at worst a huge downgrade. Everton are going to have to do a lot of rebuilding, so I doubt anyone who is at a decent Club, with a solid team, will be willing to leave for them.

sora87

I'm not happy that sunderland are staying up, I really don't wanna see fat sam's drooling chewing face on my t.v

GHG

While we are negotiating with Bayern for Sanchez can we also negotiate swapping Wenger for Ancelotti?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom