• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syder

Brighton have had 4 injuries in this game. Down to ten men because of it, never seen that before.
Gutted for Brighton fans. Being equal on points with Boro and Burnley with one game to go and now they're 2-0 down in the Play-Off Semis. As exciting as the Play-Off system is for neutrals it can be a nightmare if your team goes out in them.
Fuck ISIS or whatever we're calling them.
I believe Daesh is the term that they don't like.

spidye

As someone who hates City, my dream scenario is still a Pep coached City knocking out Bayern in the CL semi-finals, just to see the GAF meltdowns.
m8, you'd rather see your rival win just to witness a meltdown from some random dudes on the internet whereas your own club (united I think it was) doesnt even qualify for the losers league (europa league)
Typicall fodder club fan talk

/banter

Syder

If you can't approach football with a bit of comic self-flagellation then I feel sorry for you, your club was total shit at one point or another and will be again.

It seems that non-Brits care more about English clubs' participation in the Champions League than Brits do.

121303.gif

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Back pages saying Everton are trying to lure Koeman with the promise of a £100m transfer budget like it's some unprecedented amount

Did they all forget about the new TV deal? £100m is probably going to be below average by the close of the next window

Syder

Yeah, fuck Daesh.
“They don't like football, they think it's anti-Muslim. They just carry out attacks like this. This is a terrible tragedy.”
These guys are literally sub-human

RIP

Meier

Since it sounds like some of you are just hearing that news.. this response from Madrid was very classy:

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT | 13/05/2016

Real Madrid C. F. deeply regrets the terrible attack in Iraq which today saw 16 members of a Real Madrid supporters club lose their lives and which has also left over 20 injured.

The club expresses its great sadness and offers its regards and condolences to the families and friends of the victims.

Real Madrid extends all of its solidarity to the people of Iraq, who suffer the excessive injustices of extreme violence.

The Real Madrid players will tomorrow wear symbolic black armbands as a sign of their mourning and respect. Football and sport shall always be spaces in which to come together and in which harmony and peace reign and with which no form of barbaric terrorism will be able to compete.

Today Madridismo across the whole world cries for its supporters, who shall never be forgotten.
http://www.realmadrid.com/en/news/2016/05/official-announcement

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Be pleased when the day comes that ISIS is completely eradicated. It may never happen, but I live in hope.

Syder

Be pleased when the day comes that ISIS is completely eradicated. It may never happen, but I live in hope.
As long as there are ignorant, uneducated people groups like ISIS and Al-Qaeda will be well-stocked with members. They probably kill each other more than they do their so called 'enemies'.

We can only hope we don't see any trouble at the Euros next month.

bjaelke

New still of Idris Elba in 'The Liverpool Way' (Vanity Fair)

Modern makeup these days, it's unreal...

Funny that Idris is an Arsenal fan too! Thanks for the info op, the guys at the Arsenal sub would love this!
This is the first ive heard of this movie and role. Can someone give me more insight on what movie this is and what/who his character is supposed to be? Why is this character so difficult to play? cause OP mentions that he even talked to DDL about this role which is really interesting. I cant seem to find anything for it online.
tmpU8hKh8.jpg

Tubie

La Liga ends in a few hours and it all points to Barca winning it again.

I just can't believe Madrid was able to recover from that terrible start with Rafa. We lost so many points for seemingly no reason other than player's apathy. Makes me wonder how it would've gone if Florentino had not sacked Ancelotti.

I still don't know if Zidane is a good manager, but the players seem to trust him and that has motivated them enough to get them this far (to be fair, an incredibly easy path to the final of the Champions helps), I guess it will all come down to that result against Atletico.

If we lose the Champions, I don't even know which managers are available this summer that could come to Madrid and make a positive impact.

La Liga ends in a few hours and it all points to Barca winning it again.

I just can't believe Madrid was able to recover from that terrible start with Rafa. We lost so many points for seemingly no reason other than player's apathy. Makes me wonder how it would've gone if Florentino had not sacked Ancelotti.

I still don't know if Zidane is a good manager, but the players seem to trust him and that has motivated them enough to get them this far (to be fair, an incredibly easy path to the final of the Champions helps), I guess it will all come down to that result against Atletico.

If we lose the Champions, I don't even know which managers are available this summer that could come to Madrid and make a positive impact.

Think Zidane's earned another season in charge even if you somehow finish third and lose the final

Great channel to scout players who are at Liverpool or (were) Liverpool transfer targets: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo_yArQw8Am_OzTVuwru0Nw
Compilations of Liverpool players and various other players from around the world.
These compilations are no highlight reels, but rather most (if not all) player actions per game.

Because Arsenal fans were asking about him:
Granit Xhaka vs Sevilla (H) 15-16 - YouTube
(+) Good passing, physically imposing, great shooting tech.
(-) Rather slow (off the mark), has a temper
Pretty damn good for his age, but being rather slow + having a temper = fouls, penalties red cards.

BVB's Hummels replacement candidates:
Shkodran Mustafi vs Barcelona (A) 15-16 - YouTube
(+) Fast, agile, good passing, good pressing resistance, good anticipation
(-) Small (bound to lose headers)
As a manager I'd probably be afraid to field him vs. taller than avg. teams.
Niklas Sule vs Hamburg (A) 15-16 - YouTube
(+) Tall, (at 20 already) physcially imposing, good tackling, ok anticipation, ok passing (as I've seen at other occasions)
(-) Slow of the mark, stiff, bad pressing resistance
He's still 20yo, but some of his deficiencies will never go away. I don't think Tuchel will want him.

New Bundesliga signings:
Renato Sanches vs Academica (H) 15-16 - YouTube
(+) Quick, failry good passing, good shooting tech.
(-) Small, physically average (atm), not especially creative, bayern cunt
Ousmane Dembele vs Nantes (H) 15-16 - YouTube
Ousmane Dembele vs Toulouse (A) 15-16 - YouTube
Ousmane Dembele vs Lille (A) 15-16 - YouTube
Ousmane Dembele vs Marseille (A) 15-16 - YouTube
(+) Damn quick on and off the ball, lots of flair, both-footed, good shooting tech.
(-) Needs to pace himself better and make better decisions, must contribute more to def.
Overall pretty awesome for an 18yo.

Beefy

‏@RobHarris
Breaking: FIFA audit chairman Domenico Scala resigns to protest President Gianni Infantino taking power over independent panels.

‏@RobHarris
Infantino's first FIFA Congress here in Mexico ending with his fledgling leadership under fire and accusations he's destroying FIFA reforms

"New" FIFA lasted long.

Elchele

Stuttgart getting relegated. Nice.
Frankfurt and Bremen deciding who is playing the playoff relegation/promotion. Mainz - Hertha deciding who goes to EL, Schalke going to EL atm.

panty

Fuck daesh or what the fuck the subhumans are called.

After reading about that I dont even care if Barcelona wins tonight.

Hala Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom