• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeddyBoy

Karius is the third highest rated keeper in the Bundesliga this season:
http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...ga/2015-16/topspieler-der-saison-torwart.html
When looking at games against bigger teams than Mainz he also did quite well:
http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...v-mainz-05-30/51437/spieler_loris-karius.html
The ratings correspond to German school grades:
  • 1 (sehr gut, very good) is the best possible grade and is given for outstanding performance
  • 2 (gut, good) is the next-highest and is given for performance that meets the standard completely and is above-average
  • 3 (befriedigend, satisfactory) indicates "average" performance.
  • 4 (ausreichend, sufficient) is the lowest passing grade and is given if the standard has been met but with a number of notable errors.
  • 5 (mangelhaft, deficient) is the higher of two failing grades and is given if the standard has not been met but the basics have been understood.
  • 6 (ungenügend, insufficient) is the lowest possible grade and is given if the standard has not been met and the basics have not been understood.

I remember him doing very well against us so you'll probably see some of those saves in his highlight reels. He's also known as a good penalty keeper.

Also that channel I spoke of earlier has a full game compilation of him v. Leverkusen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioUbQEG0nBM

He's quite good for a young keeper.

Thanks Phantast!

A good keeper, cheap and very young, perfect! :D

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Haha they really do hate Spurs.

I've been trying to figure out who Inversive supports because all their posts in this thread are angry.

Haha nothing new there, I remember when I was young my mums best mate (die hard West Ham fan) said I can support any club I want, just not Tottenham.. Sorry Susan, you couldn't nor will you stop me.

I like a bit of banter and I give as good as I take but when all he does is driveby spurs hate posts I get more annoyed that he won't stick around and post anything else. Weak af

Syder

Why you so salty?
5CHorTG.jpg

TrueBlue

It's not about whether they can afford it or not, one team is paid 215,000,000 whilst the other 110,000,000. I don't see why you couldn't you factor that in?

I didn't think off the repeat offenses, that'll be good ammo for down the pub if anybody wants to pick an argument with me again.....

I wouldn't factor that in because someone might infer that poorer clubs can get off easier with stupid behaviour than the richer ones.

I mean you could obviously, if we were talking about a Prem side v a League 2 side, then financial capacity of both would have to be considered.

This isn't the case with Chelsea and Spurs. There doesn't need to be that consideration, as the fines are basically drips in the water for both.

It's obvious that the repeat offences are the basis here. It's the only way you could explain it given what actually happened during the match.

Rubbish King

God, I hate TalkSPITE. The likes of Adrian Durham, Alan Brazil, Andy Goldstein, Stan Collymore, Jason Cundy, etc. are some of the biggest shit talkers in football coverage.

TalkSHITE is the place 'pundits' and 'journalists' go when no other publications or channel wants them. The callers are just as stupid as well.
ray.png

Bro I thought we were allies.
Colin Murray, Brazil, Buncey are great for my commutes to uni, Matt Forde/Jon Richardson on a Saturday morning do a show called the warmup, fucking great when I'm in the library doing hours of maths.

I wouldn't factor that in because someone might infer that poorer clubs can get off easier with stupid behaviour than the richer ones.

I mean you could obviously, if we were talking about a Prem side v a League 2 side, then financial capacity of both would have to be considered.

This isn't the case with Chelsea and Spurs. There doesn't need to be that consideration, as the fines are basically drips in the water for both.

It's obvious that the repeat offences are the basis here. It's the only way you could explain it given what actually happened during the match.
I get your reasoning and I know you're probably right but I'll just have to agree to disagree. I think that as the previous champions and the most expensive team in the league they should be penalized further

Syder

Bro I thought we were allies.
Colin Murray, Brazil, Buncey are great for my commutes to uni, Matt Forde/Jon Richardson on a Saturday morning do a show called the warmup, fucking great when I'm in the library doing hours of maths.
Haha. I used to listen to TalkSPORT religiously back in the day but over the last few years it's gone massively downhill. Every time I hear Adrian Durham's droning voice I want to kill myself.

TrueBlue

I get your reasoning and I know you're probably right but I'll just have to agree to disagree. I think that as the previous champions and the most expensive team in the league they should be penalized further

Which is completely ridiculous, but as you say, agree to disagree.

Rubbish King

Haha. I used to listen to TalkSPORT religiously back in the day but over the last few years it's gone massively downhill. Every time I hear Adrian Durham's droning voice I want to kill myself.

I only really started listening to them when I started uni to fill in my walks to and from. I like 'em.

Sometimes I find a few presenters a bit tiresome especially later on at night after Drive, but if that's the case I just turn it off..

Syder

Anyone is better then Obiang
Remember people talking him up when we signed him. A few decent performances for Sampdoria does not a Premier League midfielder make.

Have seen a bit of Nordtveit now and again and I'm not sure what Slav has planned for him but really we just need to add depth at the moment with maybe one or two marquee signings.

Zlatan pls

Carbonox

Sky Sports:

Newcastle United are edging closer to confirming that Rafa Benitez will stay on as manager next season, Sky sources understand.

On one hand it's only one year of the Championship (if things go well) and a chance for Rafa to really build something from scratch with a club of this potential. Would be his greatest project yet.

On the other it's the Championship - why bother? Also, there is bound to be future bullshit for as long as the club is ran the way it is.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Talksport - due to the time difference i get Goldstien/Cundy in the morning and Alan B/Colin Murray on the way home. Yes, Goldstein and Cundy are wind up merchants but that's exactly what you want.

As for the team - i think what i find boring is that if you play for United and are young and unproven you always get thrown in when better options are out there. Yet when Roy first picked Vardy he -fingerwagged- him about how he should be grateful.

How did Delph get picked as well? Jesus.

On the other it's the Championship - why bother? Also, there is bound to be future bullshit for as long as the club is ran the way it is.

Only if Rafa is given full unfettered control of the clubs dealings in transfer market and is guaranteed no meddling from Ashley and co would he take the job. If he does get his way i think he'd be amazing for Newcastle.

Apparently Liverpool are linked to Jonas Hector? Any idea of how good he is and if he's a solid improvement on Moreno?

Zielenski, Karius and Grujic... Man Klopp and his team sure knows how to scout. Hopefully Gotze happens, but I'm not going to work myself up for another Sanchez, Konoplyanka, Salah, Texeira, Willian, Mhkitaryan... and many other-like situations.

Best wishes.

Pachimari

Who have won in the different countries?

England: Leicester City
Spain: FC Barcelona
Germany: Bayern Munich
Italy: Juventus
France: PSG
Portugal: Benfica

I assume?

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
God, I hate TalkSPITE. The likes of Adrian Durham, Alan Brazil, Andy Goldstein, Stan Collymore, Jason Cundy, etc. are some of the biggest shit talkers in football coverage.

TalkSHITE is the place 'pundits' and 'journalists' go when no other publications or channel wants them. The callers are just as stupid as well.

Oh man the callers on TalkSport provide some of the best entertainment they're so bloody stupid.

Elchele

Apparently Liverpool are linked to Jonas Hector? Any idea of how good he is and if he's a solid improvement on Moreno?

Zielenski, Karius and Grujic... Man Klopp and his team sure knows how to scout. Hopefully Gotze happens, but I'm not going to work myself up for another Sanchez, Konoplyanka, Salah, Texeira, Willian, Mhkitaryan... and many other-like situations.

Best wishes.

pls leave the bundesliga alone

bjaelke

Torres not part of Spain's EURO squad seems like an oversight.

CiprI60WEAAt3N8.jpg:large

Karius is the third highest rated keeper in the Bundesliga this season:
http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...ga/2015-16/topspieler-der-saison-torwart.html
When looking at games against bigger teams than Mainz he also did quite well:
http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...v-mainz-05-30/51437/spieler_loris-karius.html
The ratings correspond to German school grades:
  • 1 (sehr gut, very good) is the best possible grade and is given for outstanding performance
  • 2 (gut, good) is the next-highest and is given for performance that meets the standard completely and is above-average
  • 3 (befriedigend, satisfactory) indicates "average" performance.
  • 4 (ausreichend, sufficient) is the lowest passing grade and is given if the standard has been met but with a number of notable errors.
  • 5 (mangelhaft, deficient) is the higher of two failing grades and is given if the standard has not been met but the basics have been understood.
  • 6 (ungenügend, insufficient) is the lowest possible grade and is given if the standard has not been met and the basics have not been understood.

I remember him doing very well against us so you'll probably see some of those saves in his highlight reels. He's also known as a good penalty keeper.

Also that channel I spoke of earlier has a full game compilation of him v. Leverkusen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioUbQEG0nBM

He's quite good for a young keeper.

Great post!

What's the word on former VfB coach Alexander Zorniger?

No Martinez for Spain? Bummer.

Kicker says he had something done to his knee again. Maybe it's more serious than that article suggests?

What's the word on former VfB coach Alexander Zorniger?

I'm not really sure. I think his style of football can be great but his character is a bit unfortunate.

Stuttgart actually played very good attacking football at the start of the season and created lots of great scoring opportunities. But they needed an awful lot of those amazing chances to actually score, conceded stupid goals and thus, lost almost all matches.

But Zorniger is a guy that should learn when to shut up. He talked bad about some players in the media and failed to adjust his style to Stuttgart. He was completely convinced about his attacking style and didn't change a thing, even when it was obvious that Stuttgart didn't/doesn't have the quality to play his way. If he made a slower transition to his style and/or slightly altered it, he could have been successful I guess. He's a gamble but it could pay off very well.

why is diego costa not part of the squad?

Because he was shit this season. The question that you should be asking is: why are Casillas, Bartra, San José, Pedro, Cesc, Isco or Lucas Vázquez part of the squad? Adrián, Javi Martínez, Bellerín, Navas or Lucas Pérez are players that had a better season but they were left out. It doesn't make sense.

lol Kimmich in the DFB squad. Ridiculous.

Neuer-Ter Stegen-Leno
Hummels-Boateng-Mustafi-Höwedes-Can-Hector-Rudy-Rüdiger
Schweinsteiger-Khedira-Kroos-Kramer-Kimmich-Weigl
Reus-Özil-Müller-Draxler-Götze-Bellarabi-Brandt-Podolski-Sane-Schürrle
Gomez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom