• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empty

some good stories in this article on van gaal's time at united

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...an-gaal-manchester-united-players-near-mutiny

From that point onwards, he started sending the players individual emails detailing their faults and submitting video clips to highlight his dissatisfaction. Except by that stage a lot of the players were so disillusioned many ignored the emails or redirected them straight to their trash. Van Gaal suspected as much and had a tracker fitted so he could check if the emails were opened and for how long. It became a game of cat and mouse. Some players opened the emails on their mobiles, then left their phones on the side and wandered off for 20 minutes.

loool

Blablurn

CjGB2MgWYAAKP8k.jpg:orig

Wonder how man utd are going to play under Mourinho.

According to Twitter, most of GAF and Daily Mail comments, they're going to park the bus.

I think they'll do the usual Mourinho thing of playing strong attacking football and set-up more defensively against stronger teams/when they're at a disadvantage.

Wonder how man utd are going to play under Mourinho.

The same as every Mourinho team. He plays not to lose, if that means 10 men sitting deep for 90 mins with one forward waiting for the other team to make a mistake that is how United will play. That is often how he does play, targeting weak points of teams and making changes to maximise the chance of these mistakes.

Be interesting to see if the old cunts rip into Mourinho for the same things they did LvG because he does a lot of them regularly.

RiggyRob

The same as every Mourinho team. He plays not to lose, if that means 10 men sitting deep for 90 mins with one forward waiting for the other team to make a mistake that is how United will play. That is often how he does play, targeting weak points of teams and making changes to maximise the chance of these mistakes.

Be interesting to see if the old cunts rip into Mourinho for the same things they did LvG because he does a lot of them regularly.

It's interesting, both LVG and Mourinho appear to have a similar mindset i.e. not to lose, but both do it in different ways.

LVG says if you keep the ball, the opponent cannot score, whereas Mourinho says if you don't have the ball you're less likely to make a mistake.

I think we'll prefer Mourinho's pragmatic approach, as opposed to LVG's which appears to be based on cowardice and the shame of being beaten 5-3 by Leicester.

I'd love to know why people keep linking Morata with Arsenal for that kind of money. Even if it is idiots on twitter. Guy can't even get into the Juventus starting 11.

Fdkn

I'd love to know why people keep linking Morata with Arsenal for that kind of money. Even if it is idiots on twitter. Guy can't even get into the Juventus starting 11.

That's why going to Arsenal would be a good move for him. He's a man for mid-tier teams.

raiot

BILD Headline:

Götze is looking forward to the the start of the new season with FC Bayern and will do everything to be fit for his first train under Ancelotti.

Fuck yes
Please be true, please be true, pretty please

lol

As much as I'd like to believe that (because he wouldn't come back), it's just bild. They probably got scared about their previous story (Ancelotti doesn't want him and Götze will leave) after Götze got a new agent today.

Jack cw

So Götze fired his agent and wants to stay at Bayern. He said in the interview that he wants to start the new season under Carlo. Ancelotti obviously said something SZ got wrong. That would explain why we didn't progress on Sanchez or James.

spidye

I love götze. I really hope he stays and ancelotti gives him a second chance.
He once said bayern was his favourite club in his youth and there are pics of him in a bayern jersey when he was six(five?). I'd rather have him at bayern than someone like hojbjerg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom