• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nürnberg was utterly terrible in attack over the two matches. They had like one good chance and only scored because of a stupid own goal.

Totally deserved for Frankfurt.

Jackano

Hi Community-GAF. I rarely (never?) post outside gaming :)

A few hours ago it has been confirmed that my team - RC Lens in french second league -for the moment-, has been bought by (well, juridically yield to) a small group of investors led by a couple people from Athletico Madrid, and to Athletico Madrid itself.

Ignacio Aguillo which is an Athletico board member is like the new president in all but name.

CjJ9rhkWUAMe9Vv.jpg

I'm interested to hear Spanish-GAF opinion on this :)
Sorry Real fans, next Varane we get (and we did have the little brother in one of our youth teams) will not be for you :)

Hi Community-GAF. I rarely (never?) post outside gaming :)

A few hours ago it has been confirmed that my team - RC Lens in french second league -for the moment-, has been bought by (well, juridically yield to) a small group of investors led by a couple people from Athletico Madrid, and to Athletico Madrid itself.

Ignacio Aguillo which is an Athletico board member is like the new president in all but name.

CjJ9rhkWUAMe9Vv.jpg

I'm interested to hear Spanish-GAF opinion on this :)
Sorry Real fans, next Varane we get (and we did have the little brother in one of our youth teams) will not be for you :)

Sounds like a bad deal to me. Atletico will just harvest Lens for talent. And what if both ever face off in a European competition?

/Vision of the future:
UEFA passes a ruling limiting the number of clubs to be owned by other clubs to one per league.
In other news: Real Bari beat Brescia Utd.

spidye

Comgrats briola!! Love frankfurt, fuck schäfer

And:
Ein aufregender Tag neigt sich dem Ende zu. Ich habe nach Saisonschluss und vor der EM einvernehmlich mein Management gewechselt und in die Hände meiner Familie gelegt. Jetzt werde ich alles dafür tun, bei der EM und beim ersten Training unter Carlo Ancelotti topfit zu sein. Ich will richtig angreifen. Bei Bayern und zuvor bei der EM. #partofbayern

Can't translate right now. Just look at the hashtag
I am so hyped

Jackano

Sounds like a bad deal to me. Atletico will just harvest Lens for talent. And what if both ever face off in a European competition?

/Vision of the future:
UEFA passes a ruling limiting the number of clubs to be owned by other clubs to one per league.

It was the two main fears those past weeks.
Media briefing today, Aguillo said well, it is not the main goal here (?). In any case: We already have to sell our talents. Latest one was Jeff-Reine Adelaide at Arsenal for example. As of today, it was this or bankrupt.

UEFA: It's... complicated. There is a solution implying buyback of Athletico/Athletico CA members shares by non-Athletico related shareholders (currently there are 5 individuals + Athletico itself).

Elchele

Congrats briola. Justice has been made.

Next season is going to be awesome. Freiburg and RB Leipzig are in
hopefully Bremen and Frankfurt will figure it out how to stop being shit

Elchele

It was the two main fears those past weeks.
Media briefing today, Aguillo said well, it is not the main goal here (?). In any case: We already have to sell our talents. Latest one was Jeff-Reine Adelaide at Arsenal for example. As of today, it was this or bankrupt.

UEFA: It's... complicated. There is a solution implying buyback of Athletico/Athletico CA members shares by non-Athletico related shareholders (currently there are 5 individuals + Athletico itself).

I thought Atlético was broke/in awful economical situation themselves.

Syder

So if we get drawn at home in our 3rd Round Qualifying tie we'll have to borrow a ground for the home match as there are Athletics taking place and it takes a week to set the stadium back up for football.

Are we going to have to put up with this every year now?

Got my ticket for the friendly with Juventus though. Get hype.

I thought Atlético was broke/in awful economical situation themselves.

Atletico was able to pay off a ton of debt after the Champions league final and the sale of Costa and Felipe Luis two years ago. They also sold off a portion of the team to a Chinese investor to finish the new stadium that should open with the 2017 season. Between those things and the CL final this year I guess they've got money to burn.

Jack cw

Comgrats briola!! Love frankfurt, fuck schäfer

And:
Ein aufregender Tag neigt sich dem Ende zu. Ich habe nach Saisonschluss und vor der EM einvernehmlich mein Management gewechselt und in die Hände meiner Familie gelegt. Jetzt werde ich alles dafür tun, bei der EM und beim ersten Training unter Carlo Ancelotti topfit zu sein. Ich will richtig angreifen. Bei Bayern und zuvor bei der EM. #partofbayern

Can't translate right now. Just look at the hashtag
I am so hyped

Götze finally growing some balls and 100% comitting to Bayern feels like a new transfer tbh. Struth really made some shitty deals with us and especially how he handled the Kroos story made our board pretty mad. Carlo and Uli obviously made him focus on what was wrong all those years. I remember a guy from Bayern a couple of years ago talking with Hoeness telling him to change managment and get rid of this juvenile crap and focus on his career and performance. Well, he then become Bayerns and Germanys leader winning everything.

Ribery likes his decision too.

Here is what happened:

- Götze called Klopp, then Watze last Saturday personally telling them that he will stay at Bayern.
- He said that he had a great call with Ancelotti on the phone 2 weeks ago, contrary to what some media outlets wrote. That made him change his mind about his agent and a possible transfer.
- Ancelotti is already in Munich, starting training on July 1st.

Empty

take a side that's struggled recently with its best players being v injury prone (aguero, kompany, silva), bring in a manager whose bayern side was constantly picking up injuries and then make your first signing a player who is made of glass???

Syder

take a side that's struggled recently with its best players being v injury prone (aguero, kompany, silva), bring in a manager whose bayern side was constantly picking up injuries and then make your first signing a player who is made of glass???
What could possibly go wrong?

Blablurn

Götze finally growing some balls and 100% comitting to Bayern feels like a new transfer tbh. Struth really made some shitty deals with us and especially how he handled the Kroos story made our board pretty mad. Carlo and Uli obviously made him focus on what was wrong all those years. I remember a guy from Bayern a couple of years ago talking with Hoeness telling him to change managment and get rid of this juvenile crap and focus on his career and performance. Well, he then become Bayerns and Germanys leader winning everything.

Ribery likes his decision too.

Here is what happened:

- Götze called Klopp, then Watze last Saturday personally telling them that he will stay at Bayern.
- He said that he had a great call with Ancelotti on the phone 2 weeks ago, contrary to what some media outlets wrote. That made him change his mind about his agent and a possible transfer.
- Ancelotti is already in Munich, starting training on July 1st.

time to get that götze kit

Meier

Should be interesting. He's world class when healthy and has mostly only missed 1-2 games here in there in his career outside of his back injury and then this one. If he misses 4-6 weeks of the season, that's okay in the grand scheme of things.

Jack cw

it truly feels like a new signing

I still think the "lie" about Götzes call with Ancelotti was whispered by his ex management, in order to get a better deal especially from EPL with the media shitstorm going crazy in Germany. I guess Götze was smart enough to see that Struth's side was trying to earn another fortune with him, ignoring what Götze wants. Still remarkable, to read his interview from winter in SZ, where he stated that he has no intention to leave Bayern and wants to become a face of the club.

The same shit strategy was done with Kroos too. Anyway, I'm confident that he will at least score more than he already did and become more present on the pitch. Expectations with Götze were high, but honestly, Thiago was disappointing too last season, so they both have to deliver.

And yes, I'll get the Götze kit this year. He identifies himself more with Bayern than many of our "fans".

Expectations with Götze were high, but honestly, Thiago was disappointing too last season, so they both have to deliver.

Incredible. It's already been 3 years since Thiago arrived and except for a few fancy passes he's shown nothing. What a complete waste of money.

Jack cw

They both showed how incredible they are but way to inconsistent and failed when it was important. Sure they are both young and I don't know any world class midfielders that are better in their age but they slowly have to bring this on a regular basis. It reminds me a lot of Schweinsteiger, Alaba and Lahm. I guess they have to bring their mentality up to same level as their playing skills.

Gambit

And yes, I'll get the Götze kit this year. He identifies himself more with Bayern than many of our "fans".

If instead of his incredible forced/fake social media identity he would have concentrated on being authentic and expressed that he genuinely identifies with Bayern, he would now have a much better standing with the club and the fans.

Maybe he has finally seen how Müller does it and decided to give it another shot.

I'm actually quite hopeful again.

Jack cw

I noticed that since he quit the managment his social media posts are more natural and personally written by him with the proper hashtags and without his shitty marketing logo. A start. Now he needs to play a good Euro and perform at the club.

Should be interesting. He's world class when healthy and has mostly only missed 1-2 games here in there in his career outside of his back injury and then this one. If he misses 4-6 weeks of the season, that's okay in the grand scheme of things.
He also missed a whole month this season because of a bruised foot. When he joined us from Nürnberg, there were rumors about his foot being kinda fragile as well. Gündogan is definitely a gamble and to be honest, I don't see his body able to play through two seasons without major injuries. But it's a rather low risk for City considering he's all in all rather cheap for City, so it could be worth it.

What exactly is wrecked about his career?

loooooool

why are Gladbach signing Jannik Vestergaard
I don't understand
He's a decent CB. And it's not surprising if you kinda suck at Bremen as defender. Plenty of people had doubts about Sokratis as well.

I noticed that since he quit the managment his social media posts are more natural and personally written by him with the proper hashtags and without his shitty marketing logo. A start. Now he needs to play a good Euro and perform at the club.

Dude, I just looked it up, he made exactly one post after quitting his agent :lol

Blablurn

Ein aufregender Tag neigt sich dem Ende zu. Ich habe nach Saisonschluss und vor der EM einvernehmlich mein Management gewechselt und in die Hände meiner Familie gelegt. Jetzt werde ich alles dafür tun, bei der EM und beim ersten Training unter Carlo Ancelotti topfit zu sein. Ich will richtig angreifen. Bei Bayern und zuvor bei der EM. ‪#‎partofbayern‬

u know, thats what we fans want to hear. finally he is showing some spirit

i for one welcome his stay now

la_briola

They both showed how incredible they are but way to inconsistent and failed when it was important. Sure they are both young and I don't know any world class midfielders that are better in their age but they slowly have to bring this on a regular basis. It reminds me a lot of Schweinsteiger, Alaba and Lahm. I guess they have to bring their mentality up to same level as their playing skills.

I remember Alabas first game against Frankfurt, he lost the game alone. :lol
Everyone thought he was shit, how wrong first impressions can be.

Dat Alaba pass and then getting destoryed by Fenin.

Jarnet87

Ronaldo limped out of training today, they say he's in doubt for the final :(

congrats Atleti

Ronaldo was dreadful against Atletico when they met in the Final a couple years back. Knocked in a meaningless goal after Atletico had nothing left in tank and a conceded that 2nd goal. Him being out is hardly a instant victory for Atletico and regardless of if he plays I think Real take it.

Jack cw

u know, thats what we fans want to hear. finally he is showing some spirit

i for one welcome his stay now

I guess the problem is the huge salary, coupled with Erfolgsfans expectations and the misconception made up by Bild trying to make Götze a failed player. He played and performed better than in Dortmund at Bayern. Anyway, people repeat and believe whatever they want, so I'm glad he made the right choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom