• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
What's wrong with you?

A point away at City isn't bad and Spurs still need to win their last game.

Mate, we did not play well.

Yes we got a point, but we played badly.

There's still a chance, if Spurs lose to Newcastle and we beat Aston Villa then we finish in 2nd. It's not unbelievable and it's not over yet.

Still a chance, but I can't see Newcastle beating Spurs, and tbh, a loss against Villa wouldn't even surprise me

EmiPrime

Mate, we did not play well.

Yes we got a point, but we played badly.

Still a chance, but I can't see Newcastle beating Spurs, and tbh, a loss against Villa wouldn't even surprise me

We didn't play well but we secured 3rd place. That was always the aim of this match.

Spurs will probably win but they are champion bottlers who have had 3 disappointing matches in a row.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
We didn't play well but we secured 3rd place. That was always the aim of this match.

Spurs will probably win but they are champion bottlers who have had 3 disappointing matches in a row.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with 3rd. Winning today to put pressure on Spurs would've been a lot better though

EmiPrime

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with 3rd. Winning today to put pressure on Spurs would've been a lot better though

If you had been offered those two results at midday you'd have taken it!

2nd has been out of hands for a while, at least it's going to the last game of the season.

Remember 10 years ago and the lasagne? :)

Floody

Fucks sake city, fucks sake. Hope west ham get the job done on tuesday now

West Ham should be up for it, last game at Upton Park and they'll probably wanna end on a high after the spanking they got yesterday. Would be hilarious if Pep is in Europa and Van Gaal gets another season though.

We didn't though technically. If we lose against Villa and the other two win their remaining we could drop out of top 4.

Jarnet87

We didn't though technically. If we lose against Villa and the other two win their remaining we could drop out of top 4.

If 4th is on the line and Arsenal lose at home to a pathetic Villa then Arsene should get sacked after the game. That or bring in a whole new squad. actually both.

Psv fan here! Cant believe it... really cant how did ajax shit this up? Beats 2007 for me! Tommorow i will be in eindhoven de gekstee

sora87

Final game at Upton Park, surely they wanna go out with a win... :/

West Ham should be up for it, last game at Upton Park and they'll probably wanna end on a high after the spanking they got yesterday. Would be hilarious if Pep is in Europa and Van Gaal gets another season though.

Let's hope so.

In other news the guy doing the commentary for liverpool's match for sky sports news today really didn't want them to win lol, he seemed a bit crazy

Apart from not winning (City) I enjoyed the game unexpectedly. City played well, finally with a bit of passion, have been waiting for that for a good while. Usual flaws let us down in the end, too many silly mistakes and lack of structure and discipline. Thought Arsenal didn't play well, big fan of Bellerín though. Ah well just hope West Ham and Man United slip up. Had to stop myself from turning the TV off when Bony was brought on, Pellers needed to win the game so he brings Bony on, what was he thinking, Bony has done very little of note all season.

sora87

Firmino did it again, poor defenders. Not as life ending this time though.
https://streamable.com/7f3k

qknrvCO.gif

:eek:

EmiPrime

I am looking at a video I took of the last Arsenal game of the season at home in 2014. The stadium (excluding away fans) is 90% full for the team's lap of honour, the empty seats being mostly at Club Level.

This is shocking. Pellegrini won 3 cups in 3 years and barely any of them could be arsed to stay.

He's a decent chap and gave them a league title, it was pretty disrespectful.

He is but many City fans dislike him. I'm not one of them, though happy he is moving on. Some feel he has made the club regress due to his tactical inflexibility, unwillingness to do what it takes to win games, appearing to lack of enthusiasm or proactive in games, essentially saying the same thing every press conference for three years, using players in rigid manners that isn't utilising the best of their abilities, the team lacks discipline, was inconsistent and ultimately failed to motivate players. There is also the fact that due to his calm mannerisms and placidity towards the press that City fans never really got to know who he was as a manager beyond the "charming man" moniker.

I am looking at a video I took of the last Arsenal game of the season at home in 2014. The stadium (excluding away fans) is 90% full for the team's lap of honour, the empty seats being mostly at Club Level.

This is shocking. Pellegrini won 3 cups in 3 years and barely any of them could be arsed to stay.

Small team with a lot of oil money.

Anyway thanks for the favour Arsenal. Pretty crazy to have champions league in our hands with 2 games to go. Typical of Van Gaal's time with us I suppose. Can still easily fuck it up though.

EmiPrime

He is but many City fans dislike him. I'm not one of them, though happy he is moving on. Some feel he has made the club regress due to his tactical inflexibility, unwillingness to do what it takes to win games, appearing to lack of enthusiasm or proactive in games, essentially saying the same thing every press conference for three years, using players in rigid manners that isn't utilising the best of their abilities, the team lacks discipline, was inconsistent and ultimately failed to motivate players. There is also the fact that due to his calm mannerisms and placidity towards the press that City fans never really got to know who he was as a manager beyond the "charming man" moniker.

That's no excuse. He won the league for City, not staying for the lap of appreciation is disgraceful.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Hello darkness my old friend,
I've come to speak with you again,
Because a vision softly creeping,
Left its seeds while I was sleeping,
And the vision that was planted in my brain,
Still remains,
Within the sound of silence.

I don't think you guys will do any better with Pep.

King_Moc

Banned
That was definitely not a good look. Not like any of them had to be somewhere at 6pm on a Sunday, the least they could have done is stay an extra 5 minutes.

They get the money for league titles handed to them out of nowhere and then they just act entitled about it. Awful fanbase.

LNBL

Psv fan here! Cant believe it... really cant how did ajax shit this up? Beats 2007 for me! Tommorow i will be in eindhoven de gekstee

Haha crazy isnt it? Will be the second time I will have to miss the ceremony in Eindhoven :( Next year i'll be there hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom