• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Palace bidding £31.5 million for Batshuayi. PL gone mad.

Not likely that we (Palace) will get him, is it? Seems to be a lot of clubs circling around him.

And it's going to be interesting to see the sums quoted for other players we bid for after this, now that it seems to everyone that the club has that kind of money to spend.

El Topo

It's baffling to me how EPL clubs are willing to pay such insane sums, but almost completely ignore Bundesliga. You can get great talent there for cheap.

T-Rex.

Banned
Only 2 teams in the league m8 and it's not like any of the lower PL clubs could take players from them.

Idk why tbh, the German market is a good one. We got Karius who's highly rated on the cheap, same with Emre Can.

Not likely that we (Palace) will get him, is it? Seems to be a lot of club circling around him.

And it's going to be interesting to see the sums quoted for other players we bid for after this, now that it seems to everyone that the club has that kind of money to spend.
Nobody seems to be making a proper move for him though. Would be fun if Palace did sign him, the more competitive the league is the better.

la_briola

42,5 m € for Micky.
Well done Watzke.

That should be illegal. #justEPLthings
laugh.gif

Pennywise

Still good value if he manages to adapt to the PL. not sure he will enjoy playing in a Mourinho team though.

Alot of IFs for someone who played one great season in a competitive league, with one year of his contract left and certain problems he had so far.

United got the cash, but personally I wouldn't do it, even with the cash.

Floody

I trust Klopp know what he's doing.

But the players we've been rumored to get this summer, doesn't really make you full of confidence.

Yeah, that's my attitude too, if Klopp sees something in him, who am I to say he's wrong. It's not like I'll see a penny of the money anyway, so fuck it, blow it on whoever you want Klopp. It is kinda crazy that that will likely be a common price tag in the BPL though.
Do wish he'd get on to signing a new LB though, we suffer much more due to our crap defence than we do our attack.

Moussa Dembele to Celtic is official. I know he's only played in the Championship but that has to be the biggest signing by one of the Glasgow clubs in recent years.

Beefy

Yeah, that's my attitude too, if Klopp sees something in him, who am I to say he's wrong. It's not like I'll see a penny of the money anyway, so fuck it, blow it on whoever you want Klopp. It is kinda crazy that that will likely be a common price tag in the BPL though.
Do wish he'd get on to signing a new LB though, we suffer much more due to our crap defence than we do our attack.

You will probably bid for Bertrand.

Beefy

@JimWhite
I understand Harry Redknapp would welcome the opportunity to speak to the FA and would partner up with Glenn Hoddle #ENG

Jesus Navas is tiny! Going to games the size of his feet always looked like they belonged to a child but standing next to the fella he is on the verge of being a midget.

Atomic Odin

I will never understand why people argue about the fee. Who cares? This is a year where £25m was bid for Troy Deeney lol; whether it's £30m, £34m, £38.5m it's not really a big deal.

It definitely is a cause of concern if it eats into the budget & inhibits us in getting targets for more pressing issue that is midfield.

Tubie

Updated OP.

39uJY6n.png

7GeA36A.png

WJOJSlX.png
PU6eBfp.png
X7pLlwP.png
UaI6DT6.png
szs6nv4.png

Anybody have any subtitle ideas? Been wanting to change it.

Lovely to see Ramos lifting that cup.

Well done!

As for the new title, I think just wait till someone does something really stupid in the transfer market to change it (unless Liverpool has already done that).

Makeda

Just saw that Dani Alves joined Juve for free... IMO could be a good signing, I think he still has something to offer.
In unsurprising news it looks like Hulk is continuing to chase pay days by joining Shanghai SIPG & Mr Sven... how adventurous :p

Edit - New topic title regarding transfers... "Show me the Mane"

Not likely that we (Palace) will get him, is it? Seems to be a lot of clubs circling around him.

Seems like Chelsea is paying 40 million for him?

I have no feel for the guy, is he even remotely worth the money?

Floody

Transfer market will be insane after this Euro. Especially the prices EPL will have to pay.

Kinda gives me a little bit of hope that we might possibly be able to ship Benteke (though I'd bet my house on it, he'll smash like 5 past us when we meet whoever he joins) and Balotelli without that much of a loss, Allen could even be very profitable if he keeps being great at the Euros, be sad to see him leave, but can see him wanting regular play time, and I don't think he'll get it with us unfortunately.

T-Rex.

Banned
It definitely is a cause of concern if it eats into the budget & inhibits us in getting targets for more pressing issue that is midfield.
Klopp supposedly vetoed the Teixeira deal because he felt it was too much money for him, I doubt he'd agree to spending [X] on Mane if it'd prevent him from getting the midfield reinforcements he wants.

Brinbe

Just randomly chiming in, but I think bringing in Zlatan/Bailly/Mkhitaryan would be a solid start to the window. Assuming we go with a 4-3-3, all three should slot right into the starting XI (unless Mou also wants to bring in a more veteran CB to partner with Mike). Overall, it's a refreshing change to how we've usually operated under Moyes/LVG where we'd leave things super late!

I still think Woody is itching for a big splash and to break the transfer record, so I wouldn't count out Pogba joining too if Juve are willing to sell (which I'm beginning to think they won't) and if Madrid balk at the price being asked. And forget the price, pay whatever they want, he'd be exactly what's needed in midfield to drive the team forward.

But if it doesn't happen, it's fine too. There are always other targets. Ultimately, for the first time in many years, I'm confident in having a manager that knows what he's doing and has a good plan for the club going forward.

Jack cw

Just randomly chiming in, but I think bringing in Zlatan/Bailly/Mkhitaryan would be a solid start to the window. Assuming we go with a 4-3-3, all three should slot right into the starting XI (unless Mou also wants to bring in a more veteran CB to partner with Mike). Overall, it's a refreshing change to how we've usually operated under Moyes/LVG where we'd leave things super late!

I still think Woody is itching for a big splash and to break the transfer record, so I wouldn't count out Pogba joining too if Juve are willing to sell (which I'm beginning to think they won't) and if Madrid balk at the price being asked. And forget the price, pay whatever they want, he'd be exactly what's needed in midfield to drive the team forward.

But if it doesn't happen, it's fine too. There are always other targets. Ultimately, for the first time in many years, I'm confident in having a manager that knows what he's doing and has a good plan for the club going forward.

There are only a handful of clubs Pogba would join. Real, Barca, Bayern and PSG or City which I doubt. Right now, United would be a step down (no CL) and last couple of years they lost a lot of their reputation. Mou will play more defensively and try to get decent but not expensive players. It might work for a fourth place, maybe with CL there is a chance to get a world class player.

Carbonox

Newcastle signed Matz Gels from Gent. Guess he will be our new number 1 keeper with Darlow backing him up and Krul shipped off.

Dwight Gayle having his medical as well. Don't like that signing. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom