• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godan

Surely Wenger knows he can't go into the season again with Giroud as the only striker. Welbz is out for most of the season and Theo has shown hes just not good enough anymore by being kept out the team by 20 year old.

Just don't know who we could realistically get that would give us 20+ goals in the league.

Surely Wenger knows he can't go into the season again with Giroud as the only striker. Welbz is out for most of the season and Theo has shown hes just not good enough anymore by being kept out the team by 20 year old.

Just don't know who we could realistically get that would give us 20+ goals in the league.
There isn't anyone for a reasonable price. There is a dearth of top quality strikers atm.

DBT85

Sky Sources: Man United agree fee of £26.3m with Borussia Dortmund for Henrikh Mkhitaryan.

Medical within the week.

So, so happy. Class player. Feel sorry for Dortmund fans though, this seems like an especially rough summer.

Stunned that we would buy a player of that ability and it not cost us a billion pounds. Has Mourinho managed to get Woodward house trained already?

bjaelke

Sky now saying Mane to Liverpool is £34m rising to £36m. I didn't think anyone would actually pay that lol
Signing Mane feels like getting Sterling kind of player back to Anfield giving pace and running behind defense with much better finish and strength to fight with opposition defense and more willingness to put his body at line.

I know the fee is huge but that is what we got for Sterling who was nowhere near that 50 million mark and just because he is english we got the money. Even if we are paying 34 million then given the reports it shows that we were willing to pay 30 million happily but Saints being tough to negotiate with we are happily paying 4 million more when window is not even opened and we have lots of time to look towards other targets and this shows how badly Klopp and club wants Mane and believes that he'll be show his worth after taking some adaption time.

So, lets not care about the fee as long as we are not paying for that and club is and they are doing it happily. There will be people on twitter who'll make fun of us by sharing the fee and all and in the end they'll end up buying Stones for 40 million.
giphy.gif

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I just can't see any other team having the patience to put up with Mane. There was a period last season where he went 19 games without a goal. I don't think teams like Liverpool and managers like Klopp will put up with it. I hope I'm wrong because I think the guy is class on his day.

Just out of curiousity, what are some recent PL-intern transfer prices with the player in his last year of contract?

Mane has two years left, of course he'll be more expensive than Micky, Southampton has no pressure to sell now. And really, €40m for Micky (and a similar sum for Hummels) is great business from our side.

I assume Milch has topped himself now that Mkhitaryan (how the fuck do you pronounce that?!) is going?

It's okay (unless we sign Götze lol). Obviously sucks that he doesn't sign a new contract but we'll get plenty of money. And really, I wouldn't even want to bother with a Micky playing for us that wants to leave, he'd just fucking suck.

Gandalf

Just out of curiousity, what are some recent PL-intern transfer prices with the player in his last year of contract?

Mane has two years left, of course he'll be more expensive than Micky, Southampton has no pressure to sell now. And really, €40m for Micky (and a similar sum for Hummels) is great business from our side.

It's okay (unless we sign Götze lol). Obviously sucks that he doesn't sign a new contract but we'll get plenty of money. And really, I wouldn't even want to bother with a Micky playing for us that wants to leave, he'd just fucking suck.

Van Persie is the first that sprang to mind, 19m.

It is good business I guess, if the players want to leave. I have sympathy though, must be so frustrating and sad watching your best players up and leave. Surely Aubameyang will stay though?

Atomic Odin

Micky would've been 43M+ if he had played for another PL club. Not saying the Mane price is justified, but the price does go up when the seller is from PL.

I suppose but its upon us to know when to pull the plug doesn't it? We know Saints will fleece us but we still persist. Saints will now buy Boufal, probably for half the price of Mane and it shouldn't surprise anyone an iota if we went for him next summer for a similar amount. Anyway lets see what the next targets are.

One thing that struck me though, maybe its already been discussed but Micky has sniped on Klopp's tactics on multiple occasions about them inhibiting him and Tuchel's allowing him more freedom & bringing out better performances from him. It seems strange then he goes on to sign for Mou.....

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Arsenal reportedly going into official talks to get Barbosa. In Football Manager this guy is a monster :p

In real life though?

I wouldn't mind a second striker so we could play a two striker formation, where Giroud would excel

Kill3r7

Let's do this Italy!

/lmao, wrong thread :D

//Actually I wanted to write about Pelle and how good he works in that role for Italy.

Pelle is perfect for that role. He is big and strong so hold up play comes naturally and he is far more skilled than people give him credit for. If paired with the right player he can be very effective.

Plenty of reporters close to Saints have said it is £32m upfront + bonuses. Up to you who you believe though.

Every reporter claim they are close to "X" club. I would rather believe an ex-player over a reporter though because they would have more close ties with the club then some reporter. But we will never know unless they make the information public.

Beefy

Every reporter claim they are close to "X" club. I would rather believe an ex-player over a reporter though because they would have more close ties with the club then some reporter. But we will never know unless they make the information public.

Every club has reporters they trust and like to feed info out to and that's a fact. Saints said we would only accept £32m plus for Mane. But you are right on the final part.

Syder

LOL I assume you were on the negotiating table. I'll believe Carragher over a forum dweller.
Like Carragher is a some shining beacon of knowledge? If Southampton declared they'd only accept £32m+ I don't think it's unreasonable to expect Liverpool paying North of £35m.

Syder

I'm not arguing about the fee. I am just saying just because carragher says something doesn't make it more realible as a press close to a club.
Bet you're happy to have them take another player (in this case on his day a very talented but streaky individual) off your hands for a really good price.

Like Carragher is a some shining beacon of knowledge? If Southampton declared they'd only accept £32m+ I don't think it's unreasonable to expect Liverpool paying North of £35m.

No one said Carragher is a shiny beacon of knowledge but as an ex-player really close to the club, I'd assume he has more inside knowledge than some Joe Blow reporter. Also correct me if I'm wrong, Southampton themselves never said they would only sell at that price, it was all just claims from reporters again.

T-Rex.

Banned
I will never understand why people argue about the fee. Who cares? This is a year where £25m was bid for Troy Deeney lol; whether it's £30m, £34m, £38.5m it's not really a big deal.

Beefy

Bet you're happy to have them take another player (in this case on his day a very talented but streaky individual) off your hands for a really good price.

If he can get consistwnt he will be up there with the best. But as it stands I am pleased. We just need to get a good replacement now.

BBC Solent Sport – ‏@solentsport
#Mane fee could rise to £36m, eclipsing the £35m paid for Andy Carroll, #LFC most expensive signing... #saintsfc

Kind of crazy how many players Liverpool buy from us. It will probably be Bertrand next for £20m.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom