• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

West Ham United lodge €52m offer for Alexandre Lacazette

---

ClqQK0UWQAAWfEG.jpg

How does Brexit affect the movement of European players to Britain now? ...or rather in 2 years time when we actually leave.

I read that clubs can't sign u18s anymore, I don't know if that is true or not. Or if their isn't some way to get around it. I'm sure Chelsea will find a loophole somehow.

Syder

Redmond has joined Saints on a 5yr deal. (Replaces Juanmi not Mane).
Great signing, I was hoping we'd nab him before we got Feghouli.

Speaking of stealing players from relegated sides I'm still hoping we nick Georginio Wijnaldum or Leroy Fer.

Isn't UK out of EEA once it's out of EU?

The UK will be allowed to remain in the single-market/EEA, but the caveat is that they're only allowed to do that if they allow the free movement of people.

Which means the Leave campaign's promise of "taking back control of our borders" would not actually happen, the only way to achieve that is to leave the EEA, so who the fuck knows what will happen.

bjaelke

Embolo to Schalke confirmed.
Ich hätte mir für ihn eine gute Zukunft beim #BVB gewünscht. Leider wird dort seine Wertigkeit f.d. Verein insgesamt nicht gesehen.
Subotic on Facebook saying he wants to leave BVB. Tired of warming the bench.

The UK will be allowed to remain in the single-market/EEA, but the caveat is that they're only allowed to do that if they allow the free movement of people.

Which means the Leave campaign's promise of "taking back control of our borders" would not actually happen, the only way to achieve that is to leave the EEA, so who the fuck knows what will happen.

They also promised £350m to NHS

Embolo to Schalke confirmed.

Subotic on Facebook saying he wants to leave BVB. Tired of warming the bench.

They also promised £350m to NHS

Not sure about Embolo's talent tbh.

Sad about Subotic as he's a great human bean :(
It even shows in his post. I hope he doesn't go to Wolfsburg or Leipzig. Though I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at Schlolke like Santana did a few years back. And I guess I'd be ok with that.

In other news, World Champion & football messiah Großkreutz apparently has a baby on the way:O

Jarnet87

Another summer where United is linked to everyone and we'll sign no one.

Mkhitaryan seems close. We have even got the United are close but they don't want to pay the extra couple million pounds rumors. This is usually when another team swoops in and gets it done in no time.

Beefy

From what I have read he is a proper coach/manager. Who likes to watch u18/u21 players to see if they deserve a shot. Koeman didn't do this at all with us and was made to go watch a few u21 matches by our chairman. So I like that part.

Haven't a clue how good he is, but then our board haven't got a appointment wrong yet. Hopefully we can get few of young french stars now.

So in short, yeah I am pleased and looking forward to what he brings to the club.

Beefy

Mkhitaryan seems close. We have even got the United are close but they don't want to pay the extra couple million pounds rumors. This is usually when another team swoops in and gets it done in no time.

Done deal according to Di Marzio. Just need exchange a few documents and then he will complete his €38m move.

Mane to Liverpool all but done.

Beefy

We don't really have a wide forward, or even a wide player, who offers the pace and goal threat he does. Plus he's used to playing in a pressing system.

Medical tomorrow according to Joyce. £30m.

£30m + add ons. Rising to nearly £40m

Floody

Done deal according to Di Marzio. Just need exchange a few documents and then he will complete his €38m move.

Mane to Liverpool all but done.

Seems like way too much for him, but he is the type of player we need, and with us likely selling Allen and Benteke, on top of the stupid BPL money, it's not so bad. His paced could be a perfect match with Origi's, with Firmino and Coutinho feeding them and Sturridge (if we can keep him fit) in the center could be a great attack.

Still need a replacement for Moreno before I'm happy though.

Beefy

Seems like way too much for him, but he is the type of player we need, and with us likely selling Allen and Benteke, on top of the stupid BPL money, it's not so bad. His paced could be a perfect match with Origi's, with Firmino and Coutinho feeding them and Sturridge (if we can keep him fit) in the center could be a great attack.

Still need a replacement for Moreno before I'm happy though.

He will annoy the fuck out of you for about half the games he plays for you. But still a very good player.

Beefy

He'll fit right in then, should be a few good Klopp reactions I guess.

The biggest problem he has is he lets it go to his head and beats himself up over it. If he is playing poorly expect it to last a few games until he gets back on form. His pace will shit teams up as will how awkward he seems on the ball. They won't know how to hand him.

Floody

The biggest problem he has is he lets it go to his head and beats himself up over it. If he is playing poorly expect it to last a few games until he gets back on form. His pace will shit teams up as will how awkward he seems on the ball. They won't know how to hand him.

How do you feel about selling him anyway? I thought this would be the season you really strengthen your squad, instead of selling some of your better players to the highest bidder. I suppose having great scouts makes it a lot easier to swallow, but it must be really annoying having to rebuild a part of your team every season.

Beefy

How do you feel about selling him anyway? I thought this would be the season you really strengthen your squad, instead of selling some of your better players to the highest bidder. I suppose having great scouts makes it a lot easier to swallow, but it must be really annoying having to rebuild a part of your team every season.

Unlike most fans I don't get majorly attached to players. We aren't a big club and don't have a big history. We also aren't in a large city like London etc. So I accept players will want to move on and it doesn't really bother me ( unless they leave in a wayvsuch as Lovren). We will continue to sell players on until we are seen as a top 8 team for years. Long as we replace the players and stay top 6-10 I am fine with it.

Gandalf

Sky Sources: Man United agree fee of £26.3m with Borussia Dortmund for Henrikh Mkhitaryan.

Medical within the week.

So, so happy. Class player. Feel sorry for Dortmund fans though, this seems like an especially rough summer.

GHG

Sky Sources: Man United agree fee of £26.3m with Borussia Dortmund for Henrikh Mkhitaryan.

Medical within the week.

So, so happy. Class player. Feel sorry for Dortmund fans though, this seems like an especially rough summer.

That's cheap.

And we will get another summer of "we couldn't find anybody to improve what we already have" from Wenger.

I'm just waiting for him to blame Brexit for us bringing in nobody other than Xhaka and my summer will be complete.

Gandalf

That's cheap.

And we will get another summer of "we couldn't find anybody to improve what we already have" from Wenger.

I'm just waiting for him to blame Brexit for us bringing in nobody other than Xhaka and my summer will be complete.

It seems that way to me too. I know he's only got a year left on his contract, but I feel like that offer is too good to turn down even so.

I genuinely think your squad isn't too far off a decent title challenge... But I say that every year, and every year Wenger doesn't spend enough. Must be beyond frustrating being a Gooner.

Edit: Also Sky Sources, Zlatan medical next week for Utd too, finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom