• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack cw

Le Parisien is writing about Bayern and talks with Real about Varane. I wonder what we are doing in defence. Building an unpenetrable wall maybe. Boateng, Hummels, Martinez and Varane...

Updated OP.

39uJY6n.png

7GeA36A.png

WJOJSlX.png
PU6eBfp.png
X7pLlwP.png
UaI6DT6.png
szs6nv4.png

Anybody have any subtitle ideas? Been wanting to change it.

Truth be told, that's a damn nice looking OP, well done m8.

Thanks for the Premfaces shout
pardew.png

Varane has regressed but I think that's primarily because he's not a starter here.
Nah. he just suffered too many injuries past year. Varane is fine.

spidye

would have wanted Varane 2 years ago but with boateng, hummels, badstuber and martinez we are more than overcrowded in that area.
yeah I know Badstuber is mostly dead and boateng, martinez and hummels aren't getting any younger but I'd rather have Tah as a young CB prospect

I hope ancelotti understands the need of new striker. I don't know if Lewa and Müller are just tired but both are playing awful since April

Jack cw

would have wanted Varane 2 years ago but with boateng, hummels, badstuber and martinez we are more than overcrowded in that area.
yeah I know Badstuber is mostly dead and boateng, martinez and hummels aren't getting any younger but I'd rather have Tah as a young CB prospect

I hope ancelotti understand the need of new striker. I don't know if Lewa and Müller are just tired but both are playing awful since April

Gabriel Jesus.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Newcastle signed Matz Gels from Gent. Guess he will be our new number 1 keeper with Darlow backing him up and Krul shipped off.

Dwight Gayle having his medical as well. Don't like that signing. :/

Gayle will be good at Championship level though

An almost hundred year old club vanishes because some cuntish owner won't pay the bills. Disgusting.

He's the one who turned down the final bid we made for Konoplyanka, that was accepted by everyone else at the club iirc

Sounds like his club needed the money more than the bragging rights.

"Crystal Palace to seal €2m signing of Steve Mandanda 'in coming hours' after Marseille goalkeeper had medical at Clairefontaine yesterday (L'Equipe)"

Don't really know anything about him, other then that I somewhat recognize the name. Any good?

Jack cw

Don't really know anything about him, other then that I somewhat recognize the name. Any good?
He was decent a couple of years ago but never made it past Lloris back then. He is good on the line but terrible on long balls, passing isn't great either. 2m is alright, but he is nowhere to his form he had 5 years ago.

la_briola

Marin... he was never more than decent, how the fuck he landed at Chelsea, I will never understand. His uncle must be Murdoch's cousin or something like that. Wasn't the Sun the one proclaiming him to be the German Messi?

Jack cw

Marin... he was never more than decent, how the fuck he landed at Chelsea, I will never understand. His uncle must be Murdoch's cousin or something like that. Wasn't the Sun the one proclaiming him to be the German Messi?
No, the Independent gave him that title. They should have noticed that he scored 40 goals less than the Barca Messi.

Gandalf

So damn excited. Not expecting 30+ goals... but his presence alone will elevate us. Just think of Rashford and Martial, how much they'll learn off him in a season or 2... Exciting times await.

Hopefully Mkhitaryan announced soon, then I'll be optimistic for next season, for once.

So damn excited. Not expecting 30+ goals... but his presence alone will elevate us. Just think of Rashford and Martial, how much they'll learn off him in a season or 2... Exciting times await.

Hopefully Mkhitaryan announced soon, then I'll be optimistic for next season, for once.

Do you suppose Rashford would learn more playing first-team football for a season, or watching Ibrahimovic from the bench?

Jack cw

Concragts to the old man. 34 years and a contract where he earns more than any Bundesliga player. Anyway, Bayern will get another striker. I heard Dortmund is selling.

Gandalf

Do you suppose Rashford would learn more playing first-team football for a season, or watching Ibrahimovic from the bench?

I have different opinion to be honest.

If Zlatan was here for more than 2 potential seasons? Then I'd agree with what you said.

There will be rotation anyway. Zlatan won't be playing every week. Especially when you factor in all the cups, could be 60ish games. Rashford is still only 18, and shouldn't be relied on every week anyway. Once Zlatan has left after (a maximum) 2 seasons, he'll still be a youngster, but experience of playing with, and learning from one of the best strikers of his generation. I'd say that's not too bad for this stage in his fledgling career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom