• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So where does Townsend fit into that team. They are pretty much covered on the wings with Bolasie, Zaha and Puncheon, Townsend is better than them all in my opinion but it is in the centre they are weak they lack a quality striker, a central playmaker and a defensive mid.

So Andros Townsend is going for the same money as Nolito? Damn.

He should, with him being 24, english, just signed 6 months ago for a club who didn't want to sell him, and with how he played for Newcastle during those months.

So where does Townsend fit into that team. They are pretty much covered on the wings with Bolasie, Zaha and Puncheon, Townsend is better than them all in my opinion but it is in the centre they are weak they lack a quality striker, a central playmaker and a defensive mid.

We need competition for Bolasie and Zaha, to really get them fired up and produce. Puncheon has mostly played in a more central role.

And I think we more need a CB rather then midfield players now. Midfield can be improved, but I would have no problems going into the season with Cabaye, McArthur (so underrated), Ledley and Jedinak compeeting for two places.

He should, with him being 24, english, just signed 6 months ago for a club who didn't want to sell him, and with how he played for Newcastle during those months.

I think it is underpriced. He is one of the better English players that for some reason gets overlooked like Francis, Nobel, Jagielka and Deeney.

bjaelke

"Benteke's representatives have verbally agreed personal terms in principle after discussions with Palace officials this week."

Looks like we'll get £30m for him.

raven777

hf3MzbN.gif

Jack cw

Juve and Bayern agreed on a Benatia transfer. 2m fisrt year on loan, 18m fee the second year. He will replace Barzagli.

Carbonox

"Benteke's representatives have verbally agreed personal terms in principle after discussions with Palace officials this week."

Looks like we'll get £30m for him.

Mandanda
Benteke
Townsend

Gonna be one interesting Palace team sheet next season.

The fact that we sold Benatia and not Badstuber says a lot. Ok, Badstuber costs way less but Bayern obviously plans with him. We need four consistent CBs though.
Selling Badstuber is a funny idea.

Badstuber is not a player you pay money to sign. You'll sign him as free agent, put him on a high performance dependent contract and hope he doesn't injure himself when he ties his shoes.

Floody

wouldn't even give you £10m. Good business for Liverpool though.

We've learned from the best when it comes to getting way more than the player is worth.

I do think he'll be really good at Palace though, and honestly £25m-30m for a BPL team is really not that much anymore (as we've seen already, but for those that still think it is just wait for this window to really get going), especially when it has added same league tax on top too.

Sky are saying 25m but that's still a good deal for Liverpool considering Benteke didn't cover himself in glory last seasons.

Initial bid is 25m, but that has been turned down.

£25-30m are fantasy money for Palace, but we pretty much have to spend on an established striker now, after being let the down by the lack of it last season (I rate Wickham, but he was injured half the time), and since that, we have let three strikers leave.

Unconfirmed Member
http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.prod.s3.amazonaws.com%2F6be9511e-3faa-11e6-9f2c-36b487ebd80a

Brussels will blow the whistle on Spanish football foul play on Monday with a decision that will force Real Madrid and FC Barcelona to repay illegal state subsidies enjoyed for a quarter century.

Margrethe Vestager, EU competition commissioner, will tell Spain to recoup tens of millions of euros of unlawful aid to seven clubs that came in the form of soft loans, tax breaks and sweetheart property deals.

The European Commission decision will require Real Madrid to pay back €18.4m of state support from a complex land deal with the Madrid local authority, according to people familiar with the case. Real Madrid, who won the Uefa Champions League in May, and three other clubs — Barcelona, Athletic Bilbao and CA Osasuna — will also be forced to forgo a non-profit style tax privilege they have enjoyed since 1990

The full article is behind a paywall.

The future isn't looking so bright for the big two Spanish clubs at the moment; expensive stadium redevelopments, the enormous growth of the Premier League and now the loss of preferential treatment by local government.

Tubie

http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.prod.s3.amazonaws.com%2F6be9511e-3faa-11e6-9f2c-36b487ebd80a

The full article is behind a paywall.

The future isn't looking so bright for the big two Spanish clubs at the moment; expensive stadium redevelopments, the enormous growth of the Premier League and now the loss of preferential treatment by local government.

More money in the Premier League will do nothing to Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern. You can't buy a winning mentality or else Man U would've still dominated after Fergie left.

And 18m is nothing to Tio Flo.

flo.png

DBT85

More money in the Premier League will do nothing to Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern. You can't buy a winning mentality or else Man U would've still dominated after Fergie left.

And 18m is nothing to Tio Flo.

flo.png

18m is just the land deal.

longdi

Banned

Aging Messi, Iniesta and Ronaldo, party kid Neymar, 2nd choice coaches...
hehe the power is shifting back to the PL soon... next up for Simeone to get hired by Arsenal or Argentina

bjaelke

Balotelli said:
On a scale of 1 to 10, my last two seasons have been 5. Conte was right not to choose me.

I have underperformed due to injuries and other reasons. But I want to improve and get to Ballon d Or levels.

My future is hopefully at LFC. Definitely not at Milan, who let me go and to whom I won't return.
5 is quite generous.

bjaelke

Borussia Dortmund @BVB

.@HenrikhMkh wechselt zu @ManUtd // Henrikh Mkhitaryan moves to Manchester United. Details to follow.

Brinbe

Awesome to have it done. Gonna be a great threat for us. Perhaps the most dynamic since Ronnie left.

That Martial-Zlats-Mkhitaryan front three. =D

Pachimari

Man, nothing is going on in Madrid. And we need to fix our shortcomings and make sure the squad can compete for the next year as we'll have that one year ban. We need a backup left back, a backup striker (unless Morata stays) and someone to compete with Casemiro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom