• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mahmoud Dahoud rejected a new contract from Monchengladbach, hopefully that forces them to sell him or else he'll be much cheaper next year.

bjaelke

http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.prod.s3.amazonaws.com%2F6be9511e-3faa-11e6-9f2c-36b487ebd80a

The full article is behind a paywall.

The future isn't looking so bright for the big two Spanish clubs at the moment; expensive stadium redevelopments, the enormous growth of the Premier League and now the loss of preferential treatment by local government.
Barcelona take salary spending to a new level
After the signing of Neymar's new contract is completed, worth 25 million euros net per season, Barcelona will have four of the ten highest-paid footballers in the world - more than any other club.

Along with the Brazilian, Lionel Messi, Andres Iniesta and Luis Suarez find themselves in the top ten.

To put things into perspective, the Blaugrana now spend more on the salaries of Messi and Neymar than the entire budgets of 15 other La Liga clubs.

With the increase in the Brazilian's wages, he becomes the highest-paid player in the sport, although that may change the next time Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo renews their deal.
0to7z27cyk6x.gif

Dortmund didn't want him to go on a free and Utd didn't want competition to sign a free player so paid a premium price now. Seems reasonable all round to me.

Cheaper, sure, but not free (contract till 2018). Now that they lost Xhaka Liverpool would need to spend more than 40m to get him.

Yeah I know his contract runs out in 2018. But Liverpool won't have to pay 40 million for him if he refuses to sign a new contract. If they don't tie him down either they will have to sell him for a lot less next season or lose him for free in 2018.

Jack cw

£26.3m for a player of his calibre sounds like a good bit of business to me.

His previous fee was £23.5m

You should have seen his 3 years at Dortmund though.
2 years way below team average and one phenomenal half season, with a decent other half. If he keeps his current form he will be great. Take also note that like Reus he tends to completely disapear in important matches and even rejected to shoot a penalty in the cup final against Bayern. His mentality is even worse than Özil's.

Keep your Grütze, elsk.

Kardashyan hasn't played very well prior to 15/16 & Tuchel. He's had some exceptional games under Klopp, but for the most part he's been average at best. He's smart, but lacks willpower (hides in big games) and appears to be mentally weak (needs a functioning environment). Mou is not really known to treat his players well and he'll be under a lot of scrutiny at Utd. At the same time, Klopp's & Mou's styles are quite similar.
So when taking all of that into account and the fact that he's had one year left on his contract, the price may be inflated and there's no guarantee he'll do well at Utd. - at least not straight away.

Yeah I know his contract runs out in 2018. But Liverpool won't have to pay 40 million for him if he refuses to sign a new contract. If they don't tie him down either they will have to sell him for a lot less next season or lose him for free in 2018.
They'll happily keep him around for a year and will most likely still be able to sell him for 30m+ in 2017 after he advertised himself some more in CL.

Jack cw

Why do some BVB supporters have to wish only the worst for their former players and completely deny what those players did for Dortmund?

moojito

Man U an exciting prospect this season. They're just going to batter all their opponents with a giant chequebook.

Why do some BVB supporters have to wish only the worst for their former players and completely deny what those players did for Dortmund?
For our record signing, he underperformed overall. Also lacked balls to help us win something and pretty much forced his way out.

I don't wish him something bad, I'm just indifferent. He didn't do much for us that will be remembered in the long term. He will be completely forgotten in 10 years if we sign a more expensive player and he's no longer the record signing.

That said, if I had to take a bet right now, I'd put my money on him rather failing at United. Just doesn't seem like the type of player who'd get out of a weak phase under Mou at such a big club, unless Tuchel fixed his head.

Blablurn

I have a feeling that young Dortmund team will do well this year.

But since they are back in the CL, gonna be interesting to see if they can cope with the Doppelbelastung again.

Elchele

Tuchel is great in making a team out of nobodies. He'll improve all the new signings and make a solid team. Dunno about CL, but surely will do well in Bundesliga.

Schalke are going to win the league tho

There mustn't need to be so much change to our first team as all these transfers imply, though.

Bürki
Piszczek-Sokratis-Bender-Schmelzer
Castro-Weigl-Kagawa
X-Auba-Reus

X being reserved for Micky's replacement who'll probably be Schürrle or Götze (pls no, I want neither).

For example is a team that did well last season already. And that's important. We don't need any of the new signings to do well immediately. If one does a Weigl and breaks into the first team at the start, that's great. If not, we have plenty of talented backup players. A top 4 finish in the Bundesliga is a must for us and I'm fairly confident we'll make it.

Blablurn

There mustn't need to be so much change to our first team as all these transfers imply, though.

Bürki
Piszczek-Sokratis-Bender-Schmelzer
Castro-Weigl-Kagawa
X-Auba-Reus

X being reserved for Micky's replacement who'll probably be Schürrle or Götze (pls no, I want neither).

For example is a team that did well last season already. And that's important. We don't need any of the new signings to do well immediately. If one does a Weigl and breaks into the first team at the start, that's great. If not, we have plenty of talented backup players. A top 4 finish in the Bundesliga is a must for us and I'm fairly confident we'll make it.

do u really think your new and ambitious youngsters will be happy to start on the bench?

the time of castro, kagawa and reus is over

do u really think your new and ambitious youngsters will be happy to start on the bench?

the time of castro, kagawa and reus is over
Probably not happy but I doubt anyone was promised an instant starting spot. And none is a big enough signing that I'd expect to start.

Bartra will compete with Bender and Sokratis, Guerreiro with Schmelzer. Merino and Rode with Castro, Weigl and Kagawa, Dembele with Pulisic, Passlack and Micky's replacement. Mor with Ramos.

Who knows who'll play. I'm just saying we don't need to completely change our starting eleven.

Blablurn

btw, some days ago i walked trough a poor area of beijing and suddenly a random chinese on a bike passed me, wearing a fucking purple BVB kit. i think its one from the 90s? fucking random. never saw it in germany.

spidye

Sorry spidye, I just meant fans here in Munich.

This has huge entertainment potential. They could end up anywhere in the table.

I resent this allegation that fans who have a different oppinion on this subject are simply success fans. that's just too simple for my liking

and in my oppinion many, many Bayern fans had to be starting as "success" fans. Unless you live in munich or bavaria why should you feel an affilation to this club?
as a 12 year old boy, I fell in love with this club because of the success it had and the players who played. Now I'm a fan of this club for 16 years.

Anyone know much about Asano? Sounds like he's not part of the first team plan just yet so I'm guessing he'll be going out on loan for a while. Or maybe act as the third option for striker.

Jack cw

I resent this allegation that fans who have a different oppinion on this subject are simply success fans. that's just too simple for my liking

and in my oppinion many, many Bayern fans had to be starting as "success" fans. Unless you live in munich or bavaria why should you feel an affilation to this club?
as a 12 year old boy, I fell in love with this club because of the success it had and the players who played. Now I'm a fan of this club for 16 years.

You can crtisise anything. But Pep brought us 3 Bundesliga wins in a row with an unprecedented domination, made us tactically versatile, did a huge part of the transition inside the team, 2 DFB Cups and 3 CL semis where he only failed against Real due to wrong tactics. Barca was better and we had all our wingers injured. Atletico was because of missed chances. On that level small margins decide and judging him by that irrational expectations of 3 CL wins in a row is beyond daft. Not everything was good, medical staff, media work for example but his job and success are undisputeable. That is why I respect all the Fraudiola opinions but cannot take them serious when I see his work and what the club achieved through him and where we are now.

And the local factor is there. Parts of our fanbase and many media outlets here in Munich do nothing but discredit him, because they think he sold the Mia San Mia mentality or simply do not understand his ideas. I remember very well the last 25 years at Bayern and while we had a decent international phase around 2000, we never belonged to the likes of Ajax, Juve or Milan. Today we are top 3 for years. We should not forget where we came from and I admire our board for having the balls to get Pep and play an attacking football I have never seen before in Munich.
Pogba is destined for Real Madrid right?
He will stay at Juve unless Pérez can somehow prevent Ronaldo from crying when he buys pogba for 150m. Otherwise City and PSG can pay more than Real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom