• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmiPrime

ITT people defending the football equivalent of that kid at school who kept pinching other kid's arms and then crying to teacher when someone eventually had enough and thumped him one.

Like that sort of provocation and unsportsmanlike behaviour is a good thing for the game.

GorillaJu

Never have I wanted Arsenal to score a goal so much as I do now. Come on, just nick a dirty one and take this game from an 8/10 to an 11

GorillaJu

ITT people defending the football equivalent of that kid at school who kept pinching other kid's arms and then crying to teacher when someone eventually had enough and thumped him one.

Like that sort of provocation and unsportsmanlike behaviour is a good thing for the game.

If you think that's my perspective on it you misunderstand. You need to be streetwise to play sports. Gabriel got caught being naïve. It happens.

Wtf is this shit.

God I hate Diego Costa with a burning passion, people like that shouldn't be on a football pitch

fthidyA.png
AkpmCMU.png
HVDcRns.png

Rush_Khan

Arsenal weren't good enough. Simple as that. As long as Costa gets a restropective ban, I'll accept the loss. Let's move on to the next game.

Arsenal weren't good enough. Simple as that. As long as Costa gets a restropective ban, I'll accept the loss. Let's move on to the next game.

Costa was already booked for the incident, I'm pretty sure he can't get a retrospective ban if they use the rules as we know them.

Uzzy

Pretty sure that Costa would get away with repeatedly stamping on the ref's head. Further, given that he was already booked for that scrap, he probably won't get a retrospective ban.

You guys, I have had a sneaking suspicion for the past 10 years or so of watching Arsenal football every week and I'm ready to make a confession: I don't think Arsene Wenger is tactically very good. The realities of the market don't let him unearth cheap gems from abroad anymore, we don't actually bring in that many youth prospects into our first team, and our passing play while still in the top-ish tier of football isn't really exceptional even after finally throwing money at it in the form of Ozil and Sanchez.

So while we still do fine every year and I'm more than happy for Wenger to continue for as long as he wants, I have no clue what exactly the identity of this team is.

Costa was already booked for the incident, I'm pretty sure he can't get a retrospective ban if they use the rules as we know them.

I don't think he was. He was booked for the shit with Gabriel. If the referee saw him hit Koscielny in the face he'd have been sent off, so he could still be punished for that.

GorillaJu

You guys, I have had a sneaking suspicion for the past 10 years or so of watching Arsenal football every week and I'm ready to make a confession: I don't think Arsene Wenger is tactically very good. The realities of the market don't let him unearth cheap gems from abroad anymore, we don't actually bring in that many youth prospects into our first team, and our passing play while still in the top-ish tier of football isn't really exceptional even after finally throwing money at it in the form of Ozil and Sanchez.

So while we still do fine every year and I'm more than happy for Wenger to continue for as long as he wants, I have no clue what exactly the identity of this team is.

He's known not to be diligent in tactical preparations. You pay for that sometimes in matches like this.

Lol. On their day Arsenal can beat any team. Arsenal's issue is they are so inconsistent, teams you expect them to beat they lose to.

Look at Chelsea they've had a terrible start to the season, and they'll probably build from here on out.

If it was Arsenal in Chelsea's shoes, i won't have the confidence to believe they'll build on any momentum

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

I don't think the ref saw him grabbing and smacking Koscielny's face twice though, wouldn't be surprised to see a retro ban - even though it's fucking Costa

I wonder if Costa is just really lazy and tries to get banned as much as possible

Listen, Chie-chan. He hasn't even been sent off for 5 years. Got that suspension against Liverpool afterwards. If he's trying to get banned he's doing a poor job. Arsenal on the other hand, with 3 red cards in a week, are not too bad at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom