• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gothos

This Premiership season is like watching a 2025/26 season in Football Manager lol Chelsea 13th, L'pool 14th, Totenham 16th, West Ham 2nd, Leicster 3rd, hahah...

City are a strange team, when they play well they're unstoppable and make it looks easy, even last season had it at times but then for seemingly not much reason go into their shell in the CL and then it carries over to the league, bizarre dynamic, the second manager thats not really been able to solve it.

After Christmas last season they went on a bad run too, they make it look so easy then so hard

Jarnet87

Rooney back in action tomorrow, wonder if it will be at the 9 or 10. Van gal basically got rid of any competition at both positions for Roo, what's next is he gonna clear our our entire midfield when Rooney continues to disappoint and Ghaleon calls him an 8.

RefigeKru

Banned
How the fuck does Costa keep getting away with being such an unmitigated prick?

Absolutely nothing will come of this, and the media at large pose sensational question marks around the scenario rather than villify the man for the cunt he is.

Rooney back in action tomorrow, wonder if it will be at the 9 or 10. Van gal basically got rid of any competition at both positions for Roo, what's next is he gonna clear our our entire midfield when Rooney continues to disappoint and Ghaleon calls him an 8.

Rooney behind Martial? Harsh on Herrera though.

Blablurn

CPVSbDUWUAEBG5f.jpg:large

AcridMeat

Banned
Man...watching the Arsenal/Chelsea "highlights". Fuck Costa and his bullshit. Ref was a moron. He even had the balls to do it again and wasn't punished. Stupid.

edit: Holy shit Bournemouth's 2nd goal was phenomenal.

bjaelke

The bidding war for PL rights this season has meant that no one picked up the rights to broadcast Serie A and La Liga here. As a result all games are being streamed for free on Youtube.

Klopp:
"I didn't choose the break to wait for the right club. I wanted to get better. The break did me well. I improved my language skills."

Guess it makes sense to learn Spanish when you're coaching Español Munich right

How the fuck does Costa keep getting away with being such an unmitigated prick?

Absolutely nothing will come of this, and the media at large pose sensational question marks around the scenario rather than villify the man for the cunt he is.

Yeah because the newspapers never go after Costa

YcR11mu.jpg

gIlbtBN.jpg

The only players the English papers are hilariously protective towards, is the English ones. Who never does anything wrong and are just "not that kind of player".

Yeah because the newspapers never go after Costa

YcR11mu.jpg

gIlbtBN.jpg

The only players the English papers are hilariously protective towards, is the English ones. Who never does anything wrong and are just "not that kind of player".

It doesn't matter who the papers go after, the officials are clearly not paying anywhere near enough attention to what he gets up to on the pitch.

It doesn't matter who the papers go after, the officials are clearly not paying anywhere near enough attention to what he gets up to on the pitch.

That's a fair enough point, but not one I was responding to. I would say that it isn't completely the officials fault however, it's hard for them to see everything that goes on, when the ball is not even close to the incidents.

WTF? Youtube link please

Region locked obviously.

I want to see Sturridge today but off the bench. Don't break the boy again :'(

Lovren needs a revival, last year Mignolet style. Take him out of the team, I've got little faith in Rogers himself right now so belief in his 'prized signing' ain't happening.

norinrad

I want to see Sturridge today but off the bench. Don't break the boy again :'(

Lovren needs a revival, last year Mignolet style. Take him out of the team, I've got little faith in Rogers himself right now so belief in his 'prized signing' ain't happening.

I think Rodgers has till December to sort out his team. The potential is there, the players are good, they just need a system that suits them. Benteke as a lone strikers only works when you have players feeding him, I still do not get why Rodgers and his staff keep playing him as a lone striker while he lacks the players to feed him.

raven777

Manchester United @ManUtd
United XI: De Gea, Darmian, Smalling, Rojo, Blind, Carrick, Schneiderlin, Mata, Memphis, Rooney, Martial #mufc

norinrad

Manchester United @ManUtd
United XI: De Gea, Darmian, Smalling, Rojo, Blind, Carrick, Schneiderlin, Mata, Memphis, Rooney, Martial #mufc

I like the line up, a bit worried about Rojo/Blind and their understanding of each other. That seems to be the key from where I'm standing :p

Hopefully Shrek, Memphis and Martial can deliver.

Kuros

No, he's not.

Liverpool XI: Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Sakho, Moreno, Lucas, Can, Milner, Coutinho, Benteke, Sturridge.

Praying Sturridge doesn't go off injured.

Ahhh the usual source on YNWA forums was wrong. Guess those privacy screens they've put up at Melwood are working.

Good, Gomez and Lovren on the bench. Which tbh at this point seems like a generous move - to be named in the match day squad - after their contributions thus far.

He's a championship player who was dropped into the team by fiat. I don't blame him for being generally poor, his selection was 100% BR.

He's a championship player who was dropped into the team by fiat. I don't blame him for being generally poor, his selection was 100% BR.

First few games I thought he was solid and he had a good pre-season. He's not experienced enough to be playing every game and it's not his best position, but he's been one of our better performers overall so far. Plenty more disappointing than him so far this season.

SHarris78

Just watching that piece on Sky Sports with Chris Smalling - am I the only person who sees him as a Championship quality defender? Loves nothing more when receiving the ball than passing it sideways and telling somebody else to get it forward. You can almost see the panic whenever he receives the ball.

Why when they spent all that money they didn't get someone to replace him is crazy.

Louis seems to like Mr Mike Smalling though......

norinrad

Blind losing the physical battle, hahaha

Most of the United players are suited for continental football. Slow paced and technical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom