• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenebrous

Rodgers needs to pack his bags and get the fuck out of Liverpool. Five at the back with Lucas Leiva sitting in front against Norwich!?! Useless bastard.

norinrad

Well that was a great escape for United. Smalling should have marked his man for that second goal.

Liverpool played like shit and Rodger's love child Lovren wasn't even there.

Lyng

De Gea is from a different Universe!
Also brilliant performance from Martial. And maaaan Basti is class. What a steal.

Well that was a great escape for United. Smalling should have marked his man for that second goal.

Liverpool played like shit and Rodger's love child Lovren wasn't even there.

We weren't that bad. If we'd taken our chances we would have won pretty comfortably, which is more than I can say for the past few games when we did in fact, play shit.

la_briola

favre stepped down

loool

cunt

dac15_sad.gif

norinrad

We weren't that bad. If we'd taken our chances we would have won pretty comfortably, which is more than I can say for the past few games when we did in fact, play shit.

United will click, the key to their survival are Memphis, Martial, and Herrera. Memphis seems to be struggling in the EPL, but the potential and quality is there.

Rooney by now should only be coming on at the 60 minute or so.

Rooney should not be starting games atm but will continue to do so because he's captain.

Again useless today, first touch his main weakness is worse than usual atm. Mata, Herrera, Fellaini would all be better playing behind the main striker atm.

norinrad

Rooney should not be starting games atm but will continue to do so because he's captain.

Again useless today, first touch his main weakness is worse than usual atm. Mata, Herrera, Fellaini would all be better playing behind the main striker atm.

The point it, besides being a caption, he's also on a 300k a week salary which makes it hard to warm the bench at that price.

I think United are going to hate October, holyshit

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Ter Stegen has been so bad this season holy shit. Send him to Barça B for a few games so he can get his shit together. I haven't seen a keeper go from awesome to diarrhea in such a short span after tasting success since Joe Hart a couple of seasons ago.

Performance was fine imo, don't think Rodgers got anything wrong today really

Terrible result though, and Rodgers' sacking is seemingly inevitable. We either play badly and lose, or play reasonably and either fuck up anyway, or scrape a result.

Not bothered if he went tomorrow, as long as we had a good replacement lined up. Get it done early, the crowd has turned already so it'll only get worse probably

Favre is a great coach. It's a great move by him. Often times coaches or clubs delay it and that can make things difficult for everyone involved. He'll find work, he'll do great things again.

I think there was an interview with Eberl in which he said that Favre already wanted to step down more than a few times :lol

Lunar FC

Cool it on the 'atm' usage bruh.

Jarnet87

At times during the United game it was like the 4 attacking players were as far apart as possible from the midfield and defenders. van Gaal wants them to play safe possession football but it looked like absolute dogshit with Southampton applying lots of pressure. I'd much rather this team try and play like Barcelona and suffocate teams in their own half. A lot of teams in the prem can counter and play long balls because of the size, speed and physicality of players but it's a lot harder to hit an accurate hoof ball. I think the team would look better if they pressed and played much higher.

Rooney was typical Rooney. He can't even pull a Gerrard/Lampard and score a goal to mask the shit performance.

TeddyBoy

Performance was fine imo, don't think Rodgers got anything wrong today really

Terrible result though, and Rodgers' sacking is seemingly inevitable. We either play badly and lose, or play reasonably and either fuck up anyway, or scrape a result.

Not bothered if he went tomorrow, as long as we had a good replacement lined up. Get it done early, the crowd has turned already so it'll only get worse probably

The crowd are the worst part, the fans never forgave him after last season so everyone on RAWK/Twitter now want him gone.

The crowd are the worst part, the fans never forgave him after last season so everyone on RAWK/Twitter now want him gone.
Wouldn't call it the worst part, but the self-proclomations of superior fandom become ever more laughable

Complete library unless we're well on top in a match or its the first 10 minutes of a massive fixture, and the crowd has only been adding to the anxious atmosphere this last year. It'll become legitimately poisonous soon I think.

Tubie

It's nothing new for Rooney to have a slump but this is just plain bothersome he is absolute garbage right now.

Was Rooney ever a player good enough to earn 300k a week? Honest question, because I don't remember him ever being a "world class" player from the few United matches I watched in his best years.

norinrad

Was Rooney ever a player good enough to earn 300k a week? Honest question, because I don't remember him ever being a "world class" player from the few United matches I watched in his best years.

He's an English player, they are usually over hyped. See Raheem, Andy Carrol etc. United pays 36m for a non English player who happens to be young and the stupid pundits who have nothing to talk about go mad. All of them seem to have the same line, he's only 19 and costs 36m, unproven striker and other bullshit coming out of their a**. I'm sure Raheem is the savior of the game and will lead City to the finals of the EPL and Champions league.

No one is good enough to be earning 300k a week. Not even Ronaldo, Messi, or even Daryl Murphy.

But I see what you mean. I'm a big fan of Rooney, I always have been but yeah, he's not quite in that top tier of players.

Beefy

Diego Costa has been branded a “cheat” - by one of his OWN team mates.

Chelsea defender Kurt Zouma made the amazing remark in a post-match TV interview which will only turn up the heat on the bad-boy striker.

Costa is waiting to hear whether he will be hit for a retrospective ban by the FA after his bust-up with Arsenal defender Gabriel who was sent off in the clash at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.

Zouma said Costa likes to get opponents “out of his game” and they are “proud” of him even though he “likes to cheat a lot.”

Zouma made the remarks to beIN Sports

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/diego-costa-branded-cheat-chelsea-6487203

I wonder what Jose will say?

Its hard to say that anyone who isn't Messi or Ronaldo is worth 300K a week but Rooney was hugely valuable for United back in 2008 and 9. The way he and Tevez would track back into the midfield just suffocated opponents. I really thought that would be the model for the next few years but there are just so few attackers who have the energy to disrupt and then still move forward.

norinrad

Chelsea defender Kurt Zouma made the amazing remark in a post-match TV interview which will only turn up the heat on the bad-boy striker.

Costa is waiting to hear whether he will be hit for a retrospective ban by the FA after his bust-up with Arsenal defender Gabriel who was sent off in the clash at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.

Zouma said Costa likes to get opponents “out of his game” and they are “proud” of him even though he “likes to cheat a lot.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/diego-costa-branded-cheat-chelsea-6487203

Zouma will be shipped off to a new club is my guess.

bjaelke

Kurt Zouma ‏@KurtZouma 4m4 minutes ago
Sorry for any confusion, English is not my first language & I did not mean to accuse anyone of cheating. Simply to say ....
....Diego is a player who puts pressure on his opponents & who I have huge respect for.

No but he sells shirts. What players are paid isn't always skill related, image rights play a big part in it.

Regardless of his words, common sense would suggest that there is no way Kurt would come out and call a team mate a cheat, thats just ridiculous. He and the club have issued statements anyway.

I doubt many of them care how we won, except for the fact that we did

bjaelke

Following the game between Chelsea and Arsenal on Saturday [19 September 2015], The FA has taken the following disciplinary action.

Diego Costa has been charged for an alleged act of violent conduct which was not seen by the match officials but caught on video. The Chelsea forward was involved in an incident with Arsenal’s Laurent Koscielny in the 43rd minute of the game. He has until 6pm tomorrow [Tuesday 22 September 2015] to reply.

Off the ball incidents which are not seen at the time by the match officials are referred to a panel of three former elite referees. Each referee panel member will review the video footage independently of one another to determine whether they consider it a sending-off offence. For retrospective action to be taken, and an FA charge to follow, the decision by the panel must be unanimous.

Arsenal defender Gabriel has been charged with improper conduct for his behaviour following his dismissal, whilst team-mate Santi Cazorla has been warned for his behaviour following his sending off.

Finally, both clubs have been charged for failing to control their players under FA Rule E20.

Both clubs and Gabriel have until 6pm on Thursday [24 September 2015] to reply.
http://www.thefa.com/news/governance/2015/sep/diego-costa-gabriel-arsenal-chelsea-charges-210915

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom