• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Personally, if I was a manager and I was struggling and the club invited my potential replacement to sit in the stands I'd resign.

Fuck that.

Personally, if I was a manager and I was struggling and the club invited my potential replacement to sit in the stands I'd resign.

Fuck that.

When you consider how much money he'd potentially lose by resigning rather than having his contract cancelled, he doesn't really have a choice.

I'd imagine you could do both if the club sanctioned the presence of the replacement. That surely counts as making your position untenable?

True, but it'd be a pretty difficult argument to win I think. You might win, in the end, but that's definitely a lengthy court battle and a series of appeals waiting to happen.

True, but it'd be a pretty difficult argument to win I think. You might win, in the end, but that's definitely a lengthy court battle and a series of appeals waiting to happen.

Yeah, I'd probably just wait for the sacking myself.

Shame about all the non-disclosure stuff that comes with it, must be some cracking stories about the way managers are treated by the board and players that never come to light.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
When you consider how much money he'd potentially lose by resigning rather than having his contract cancelled, he doesn't really have a choice.

Yeah, thats very true.

I'm a maverick though, I'd be like Clough. I'd even have the long hair and a tache like they did in the 70s.

Walk out to the Professionals theme music

Meier

Watching Fulham v QPR... Does Fulham really have "VisitFlorida" on their fucking shirts?

The owner is a businessman based in Florida and is the owner of the Jaguars. Probably has some good contacts with the marketing arm of the state and got a decent deal out of it. Florida is one of the main tourist destinations for people from the UK, so it kinda makes sense.

leadbelly

Banned
Wow. Mourinho is absolutely fucking obsessed with Wenger.

DtIOMXC.png

Yeah. That was what he said in his news conference today.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34357199

Mourinho's trolling lately has been on another level. His comments about Costa being Man of the Match after the Arsenal game was just trolling of the highest order. lol

Yeah. That was what he said in his news conference today.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34357199

Mourinho's trolling lately has been on another level. His comments about Costa being Man of the Match after the Arsenal game was just trolling of the highest order. lol

Really? Subtlety is good, because people will actually consider what he has to say.

As of the last few weeks (post-Everton denial, physio drama particularly), he's come off as a little bit unstable. Like his head isn't quite in the right place.

It's the whole, "I'm not retarded, I was just pretending" shtick.

norinrad

I doubt its wise to throw Rodgers out right now, it could happen at the earliest in January or in May when Liverpool is fighting to survive relegation.

Keven and Martial making Raheem look like another overrated English player.

raven777

Manchester United @ManUtd 5s5 seconds ago
#mufc XI: De Gea; Valencia, Smalling, Blind, Darmian; Schneiderlin, Carrick; Mata, Rooney, Memphis; Martial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom