• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wtf is going on over there.

Insane goal to go 1-0 up. Barca started attacking a bit more and a huge error by Piqué in the midfield led directly to 2-0 (at that moment he was also the last guy). Barca started going even more for broke and a beauitful pass by Nolito to Aspas led to a 1 on 1 situation, which he converted. 3-0.

Barca managed to score back but too little, too late. Going for broke with 10mins left, opened up huge gaps at the back (basically the whole match) and Celta managed to score again.

Celta are good. Like really good.

Tubie

La Liga is so dumb for scheduling the Madrid game to start before the Barca game ended.

Now I only get to watch the second half :(

Looks like we're up 0-1 at half with Benz scoring the goal.

Turok_TTZ

he did do it in champions league

Hah, I was waiting for somebody to come and diminish what he just did.

You can't be serious lol.

1442128489330153027.gif

Hook, line, and sinker. Are you peeps really that easy? having said that though, I personally do not rate Lewandowski. he is like CR7. volume shooter.

Benzema displeases me... he needs to be more efficient.

Lunar FC

Good effort there by Origi, would be nice to see him net one.

edit: Terrible on that one.

Hook, line, and sinker. Are you peeps really that easy? having said that though, I personally do not rate Lewandowski. he is like CR7. volume shooter.

Benzema displeases me... he needs to be more efficient.

That's not cool bruh.

Messi

Celta are an amazing team they are highly underrated such quality players and a fantastic coach.

My hometown team :)

Absolutely agree. They 100% deserve this win and they should have had more. Barca should be ashamed of that preformance. They were completely nullified by Celta.

Cappa do you support Celta?

Tubie

1-1

Keylor was only 4 minutes away from breaking the Madrid all time record for minutes without allowing a goal.

We've been playing like shit so I was expecting Athletic to score soon.

Tubie

What a tough match wow.

We're lucky to come away with 3 points from Bilbao.

Keylor wins us another 3 points today, he had 4 insane stops that would've been goals if it was Casillas.

That scoreline flattered United.

We played really well I thought. And when one side fields a team that cost 8 thousand against a team that cost over 200 million then there's only ever going to be one winner.

Still, I'm proud of the team, they put up a decent fight and now we move on to much more important matters...

King_Moc

Banned
At least when we lost on penalties to Northampton the team played was bollocks. This was a strong side. No excuse here, it's shameful.

brendan rogers, how does this man keep getting away with this?
People guessing rogers quotes on twitter and bbc sport after the match is great fun but you don't have many to choose from.
"There are no easy matches in this competition"
"we played really well, I felt we were the better side"
"We had lots of good chances,""we were unlucky."
"we'll take the positives, learn and move on"
We lacked that little bit of quality in the final third"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom