• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

brendan rogers, how does this man keep getting away with this?
People guessing rogers quotes on twitter and bbc sport after the match is great fun but you don't have many to choose from.
"There are no easy matches in this competition"
"we played really well, I felt we were the better side"
"We had lots of good chances,""we were unlucky."
"we'll take the positives, learn and move on"
We lacked that little bit of quality in the final third"
Obviously these are all coach speak so you might expect some variation of these from anyone, but I can literally hear Brendan saying them in my head. Pretty funny.

Bumhead

Banned
Excited for the game vs Wednesday, could be an upset

The thought that we can beat Arsenal is very silly. Certainly not getting ahead of myself. If it was at The Emirates it'd probably be one of those 6-0 affairs.

At Hillsborough? Tuesday night trip up North infront of a loud and vociferous sellout home crowd against a team who can mix it up a bit when needed? Arsenal don't like those games. They'll still win, but we will give them a game of it.

clemenx

Banned
Forgive me the random rambling but I guess this is football related lol.

It makes me mad how I spent a bit of time looking for a good gif of Lewandowski's amazing 5th goal whereas the internet was flooding with gifs of Pep's reaction.

I fucking hate meme culture.

norinrad

Certain commentators need to go away, they run out of things to say then go in about how much a certain player cost even though said player is delivering.

norinrad

Martial again, goddamn. Makes it look so easy. What an absolute stud.

I'm surprise you have not mentioned the German general. He's the king on the field, teaching all these kids how to play and behave.

LvG is the president though with Bastian as his army general

GHG

Gold Member
http://youtu.be/UuryA41FxEo

Legend.

I'm amazed he's still there. The club isn't going anywhere under him. He lucked into Suarez, that's it.

Nah I think it's more to do with failing to adapt the playing style he instilled while Suarez was there. He's trying to get the players to play football as if Suarez is still there.

Wenger went through something similar after the breakup of the invisibles. 2008-2011/12 were painful years.

Cappa

Banned
Absolutely agree. They 100% deserve this win and they should have had more. Barca should be ashamed of that preformance. They were completely nullified by Celta.

Cappa do you support Celta?
Yes I'm a Madrid fan first but Im a big Celta fan too. One of my favorite teams of all time was Celta with karpin mostovoi catanha Benny McCarthy!

Bumhead

Banned
Hmm.

Apparently we are unbeaten in our last 6 home games against Arsenal.

Granted you have to go back to the 99/00 season for the last meeting.

Nevertheless.. it is written.

Ahahahaha worry about Reus, he's gone in January. Him and another CB are the missing puzzles of the philosophy :p

ytfqybd8sjp.gif

norinrad

Damn that pic of Costa makes him look like a 50 year old.

Reus and Muller are young, i can imagine a club paying quite a lot. Probably 50-80M. Absurd

TeddyBoy

It's a potential excuse for them being so toothless upfront. I'm not convinced the players want to play for Rodgers now. I hear Klopp is visiting for the next match...

I saw that on ThisIsAnfield, they get most of their stuff from Twitter so I doubt he'll actually be there (I can still dream though).

TalkSport reporting Brendan Rogers is going...

A highly reliable Liverpool insider said that Ancelotti has been contacted (this was before the Carlisle match), if so, Rodgers does not have much time.

Jose (allegedly) wants to sign an emergency backup loan keeper as we only have 1 fit senior GK, I bet the chances of that happening are as likely as hell freezing over tomorrow.

Would be pretty fucking pissed off if Klopp or someone rolled up to a Liverpool match while Rodgers is still in charge

He's finding it tough enough already

Blablurn

so this happened today

Reporter: "There's been lots of talk in the press about you and the England job..." Guardiola: "Next question, please."
Pep walks out.

Lol really?

yes?

He's not a complete moron, he knows that the fans have pretty much turned against him and he's facing a massive battle to keep his job, especially given the fact that he was very lucky to keep it after last season already.

You don't think that pressure would be unnecessarily multiplied by having a potential replacement sat in the stands? Even if it was only for one game for obvious reasons, it'd be a distraction that compromises our chances of getting a satisfactory result, so fuck that.

You don't think that pressure would be unnecessarily multiplied by having a potential replacement sat in the stands? Even if it was only for one game for obvious reasons, it'd be a distraction that compromises our chances of getting a satisfactory result, so fuck that.

I don't think it's unnecessary. This is a guy the club has backed with huge amounts of money and patience.

I don't think it's unnecessary. This is a guy the club has backed with huge amounts of money and patience.

Nobody will disagree with the latter part, but it'd serve very little purpose for Klopp to attend a single Liverpool match, it'd be classless as fuck if it happened while Rodgers is still in charge, and it'd make a job he's already struggling with even tougher for that game.

Therefore, unnecessary.

raven777

Manchester UnitedVerified account
‏@ManUtd
James Wilson has signed a new contract at #mufc until June 2019 with an option to extend for a further year.

@RobHarris 6m6 minutes ago
Breaking away from FIFA ... .Brazilian court freezes almost $50M of Neymar's assets. Court alleges tax evasion against Barcelona star

Meier

I think it was pretty tough on Mark Hughes when Mancini was at the City game (although at that point it was all a done deal). It's definitely not necessary and I agree that it doesn't really benefit anyone to be honest.

Jarnet87

Sunderland bottom of the league coming to old trafford, guaranteed to park it.

Louie will start 2 deep midfielders. It is the process.

LNBL

Swiss prosecutors have opened a criminal investigation into Sepp Blatter, the head of football's world governing body Fifa. The attorney general's office said he was suspected of criminal mismanagement or misappropriation over a TV rights deal and of a "disloyal payment" to European football chief Michel Platini.

Mr Blatter is also suspected of making a "disloyal payment" of two million Swiss francs ($2m; £1.3m) in 2011 to Michel Platini, the head of the European football body Uefa, the statement said. It said the payment was "at the expense of Fifa, which was allegedly made for work performed between January 1999 and June 2002".

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34363289

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom