• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Fantastic performance and a fantastic result.

Bellerin, Ozil, Sanchez and Walcott all impressed.

Viva la Arsenal

raven777

Solid performance from United. Memphis scored his first league goal but was really bad other than the goal. Especially when he fucked up the chance Martial gave....
Rooney is getting better but still nowhere near the form he should be in.
Mata started off bad but got into the game and played well by the end. Good goal and an assist.
Matial continues to impress and did great job for Rooney's goal. He should have had another assist or even a goal if Memphis didn't fuck up.
Smalling is solid as always and Blind is good CB against lower teams at home.

Good to see that we got back to the top of the league and hopefully we continue to improve.

Alan Smith is a moron.

"It was still rising when it hit the crowd that one", that was about as flat as you could fucking get, it was just wide.

AcridMeat

Banned
What happened to Man City? Morning here so I can only watch the Chelsea and Real Madrid games now.

Some really fun looking scores, 5 goals for Arsenal yessss. Norwich West Ham looks like it was good too, knew it would be.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully that match has Arsenal out of their scoring funk. Nice to see Sanchez get going.

What happened to Man City? Morning here so I can only watch the Chelsea and Real Madrid games now.

Some really fun looking scores, 5 goals for Arsenal yessss. Norwich West Ham looks like it was good too, knew it would be.

City started the game well got a goal that was just offside by a fine margin. Tottenham got two goals that were clearly offside and two down to Caballero poor goalkeeping. City played Fernando, Fernandinho and Yaya with De Bruyne on the right wing and Sterling on the left with very little creative play going through the middle and the Tottenham defence had the wings well covered, Pellegrini made some odd decisions in his substitutions that are never going to get goals. Regardless of the poor linesman decisions Tottenham were dogged, they broke down play and prevented balls coming into the box and played their luck on Cities high line which paid off, City created a decent amount of chances within the first half but like always they missed them. If City could capitalise on the chances they create they would smash every game but they rarely do but still get the most goals most seasons. As the game went on City got sloppy, less precise and created less whilst Tottenham picked up steam.

Timbuktu

What a weird league, out of the blue results every week and now the only form team has lost their consistency as well. Sunderland losing is the only constant at the moment.

AcridMeat

Banned
Did anyone watch Norwich/West Ham? I just saw Redmond scored but only played 22 minutes, was he a sub?
City started the game well got a goal that was just offside by a fine margin. Tottenham got two goals that were clearly offside and two down to Caballero poor goalkeeping. City played Fernando, Fernandinho and Yaya with De Bruyne on the right wing and Sterling on the left with very little creative play going through the middle and the Tottenham defence had the wings well covered, Pellegrini made some odd decisions in his substitutions that are never going to get goals. Regardless of the poor linesman decisions Tottenham were dogged, they broke down play and prevented balls coming into the box and played their luck on Cities high line which paid off, City created a decent amount of chances within the first half but like always they missed them. If City could capitalise on the chances they create they would smash every game but they rarely do but still get the most goals most seasons. As the game went on City got sloppy, less precise and created less whilst Tottenham picked up steam.
Thanks for the reply. How come Cabellero started? Bit odd De Bruyne wasn't in the center with Navas or Nasri wide with Sterling.

Did anyone watch Norwich/West Ham? I just saw Redmond scored but only played 22 minutes, was he a sub?
Thanks for the reply. How come Cabellero started? Bit odd De Bruyne wasn't in the center with Navas or Nasri wide with Sterling.
Head and Shoulders has been out with a back injury and only trained one day this week.

Mourinho going to get axed soon? Is that actually possible?

I think its far more likely Roman is going to question the players rather than the manager. We were champions 3 months ago and Jose has been successful wherever he goes, I don't see this ending him... although it might see a few more transfers out of the club in January than we originally planned

Man I love Sturridge. In a team that has a history of posts, crossbars, and misses, the boy has the fucking instinct.

Its crazy how you can give him a simple pass 40 yards out, and he can easily miscontrol it, then play a horridly underhit pass 5 yards behind its target

Closer he gets to the box though, the cooler he gets. PL record for us is a goal every 115 minutes apparently, which is ludicrous considering how often he's returning from injury, and the absence of penalties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom