• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was entertaining, feel a bit for the way Gladbach lost it but fuck it I will take the win. Made a massive difference taking Toure off and much better from there on but still very poor. The Gladbach keeper is going to be in a state tomorrow that will take a while to recover from but at least he prevented it being 3-1 by taking a knee to the face.

erIAdA1.gif

When you hit 500 goals, you go super saiyan

Jarnet87

Didn't they lose against friggin Eindhoven?

And PSV lost to CSKA who lost to Wolfsburg.

The group is essentially restarted. Everyone on 3 points and 0 goal difference.

There was a moment around the 70th minute where Rooney received a decent pass, took a couple of steps and lost it, nearest defender was like 3 yards away. Summed up Rooney's day for me. He ran around a ton but offered nothing. Had a fantastic chance to bury a goal before skying it. Shit Louie should just get himself an engine man who can run for 90 and put pressure on the defense if that is what Rooney gives us at the 10.

Kagawa had the 23 when he played for BVB from 2010 to 2012. When he arrived last year, Ji had taken the 23 but left shortly later, so Kagawa took the 7 or he just wanted the 7, I don't know. Meanwhile Kampl had the 23 for a few months but last summer, the clown was finally allowed to get the 44 by DFL (they normally don't allow shit numbers above 40something) and the 23 was free again.

Hofmann had the 7 before he went on loan. Now I don't know if he asked Kagawa to get the 7 back or Kagawa wanted the 23 and the 7 was free, but I guess they are both cool with it.

Late but thanks for the explanation!
I remember Kagawa turning down the 7 at Utd, so it was weird seeing him wearing it when he returned to BVB. Now it's weird again to see him not wearing it ha.

norinrad

Didn't they lose against friggin Eindhoven?

Watch something happen to your colleague or a friend and see how it affects you. I guess if someone collapses in front of you, it doesn't matter you'd still go out right after that for a steak anyway. Who cares right?

TeddyBoy

Just got back from the match.

The crowd was much better than the Bournemouth game and sang until about the 60th minute and the Sion fans kept going throughout as well.

Onto the match....

The game was terrible. The formation just kills any penetration in midfield so we always end up playing it down the wings and even with our defensive formation we can't keep a clean sheet. It's just on Rodgers, the players play a part but we should be creating more chances against this kind of opposition and this formation just stops runners in midfield so our strikers always seem isolated and easy to defend against.

Rodgers has to go, it's surely a matter of time now.

lol Rodgers

Times like this I wish Abramovich was Liverpool's owner. Rodgers would have been gone by now. Brendan must have something on the owners.

Time for me to cancel my Sky Sports and BT Sports subscription, there is no way I'm paying to keep it with this manager at the helm.

If Brendan wants to come back and learn from the master* again I'm sure we could find him a reserve team kit man position or something

*Current form not included

Set up perfectly for us to lose the Everton game and use the international break to get a new manager in.

Couldn't say it would be undeserved, even if the players need to take a look at themselves

Don't think it will happen though.

Wasn't it Brenda who said LvG was going to have it really really tough in the EPL?
Yes.

Which it obviously is.

Feminising people's names to mock them is the most schoolyard shit btw. Gets on my tits when people call Mourinho Maureen as well. At least Brentan has a degree of wit about it.

international break again after this weekend :-/

Great timing for us

We'll lose to Everton, and there's no better time to bring a manager in mid-season than an international break

Gets us closer to Henderson's return, and gives Benteke/Sturridge good time for some individual coaching to try and get Benteke properly into a system with and without Sturridge

Not that I expect we'd be much good even if Benteke was at his best.

norinrad

Yes.

Which it obviously is.

Feminising people's names to mock them is the most schoolyard shit btw. Gets on my tits when people call Mourinho Maureen as well. At least Brentan has a degree of wit about it.

Alright i will stop calling him Brenda.

Anyway saying shit like LvG was going to have it tough when your own backyard is full of deadwood says more about your than the other guy. At the end of the day LvG might just squeeze in to with the title while Mr Rogers will likely be looking for a new job in the Championship.

Lyng

Great timing for us

We'll lose to Everton, and there's no better time to bring a manager in mid-season than an international break

Gets us closer to Henderson's return, and gives Benteke/Sturridge good time for some individual coaching to try and get Benteke properly into a system with and without Sturridge

Not that I expect we'd be much good even if Benteke was at his best.

Tbf Maureen does cry like a little girl

TeddyBoy

A well respected Liverpool insider posted about an hour ago that Rodgers is going after the game on Sunday regardless of the result.

De Boer's name is being mentioned a lot, how good is he?

A well respected Liverpool insider posted about an hour ago that Rodgers is going after the game on Sunday regardless of the result.

De Boer's name is being mentioned a lot, how good is he?
From what I can tell, did a great job there for four or so years, then was completely clueless on how to sort it out when they hit a rough patch last year. So Klopp, but unproven in a decent league

TeddyBoy

Thanks for the responses guys, having read some tactical analysis it looks like De Boer plays a possession based 4-3-3 system with slightly different styles depending on the opposition.

Just seen the European leagues fixtures for Sunday, holy shit.

Everton v Liverpool
Arsenal v Manchester United
Bayern Munich v Borussia Dortmund
Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid
PSG v Marseille
PSV v Ajax
Zurich v Basel

slider

I don't mind Sunderland. Feel bad for them and the run they're having at the moment. But wouldn't you know it that we (WHU) concede really early against them.

I'm not panicking btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom