• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gambit

tumblr_nvpssuEz6z1rxobr1o1_500.gif

tumblr_nvpvzjmCKU1thczn6o2_500.gif

what a team

hopefully we're not peaking too early

We might be, but to be honest this year Bayern's concentration and dedication really reminds me of Heynckes' final season. I hope the similarities won't end anytime soon.

Bayern seems to play a lot more direct football as well. The beneficiaries are Lewa, Müller and even Götze. I love it.

At this point of the season I think Lahm is the one who has to raise his game again. He's not been his old self for a while.

EDIT: quoted the pics for the new page

Could Arsenal getting knocked out of the Champions League be a blessing in disguise?

2013-14, one of the key reasons cited for Liverpool's title chase was the fact that they were knocked out of domestic cup competitions fairly early on, and weren't in any European competitions at all. If Arsenal were knocked out of Europe completely (can't see it happening) - or relegated to Europa and continued to play 'B' sides - would it give them the edge over City / United as the season progresses?

Daffy Duck

I don't take any pleasure in seeing our manager sacked, but it's the right decision, things haven't been right for ages.

Thanks for the 2013/2014 season and all the best.

Gothos

Klopp in Liverpool? EXCITED! On the other hand we really have a weak squad so he won't be able to do much, imho. Liverpool made so many retarded signings over the last two years and now Klopp is stuck with them, lol. Not sure I would pick this job if I were him unless there are ZERO expectations for this season from the board.

Blablurn

We might be, but to be honest this year Bayern's concentration and dedication really reminds me of Heynckes' final season. I hope the similarities won't end anytime soon.

Bayern seems to play a lot more direct football as well. The beneficiaries are Lewa, Müller and even Götze. I love it.

At this point of the season I think Lahm is the one who has to raise his game again. He's not been his old self for a while.

EDIT: quoted the pics for the new page

so its not only me who thinks that lahm has been stagnating lately

i mean who cant blame him after the last years

but watching all those games it really seems like he cant cope with the pace of the youngsters around him. but maybe he will get there again

in other news

Müller: "I play at FC Bayern. Our job is to win our games not to keep the league competitive and please the neutrals"

right he is

Things looking very bad for Jose, he's just been offered Chelsea's full support:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34446165

I'm not sure if you're being serious or not…

This is unprecedented, the club has never done this since Roman took over and I'm not sure Ken bates did in either. It's always been keep quiet then fire them.

The statement is a good one, short and to the point, there's nothing wrong with an inquest when things aren't going well which is what happened too.

Common sense would suggest we can't keep losing, that much is obvious and any managers position becomes untenable if that happens but as it is I'm quite content Jose is being backed, Roman has never hesitated to wield his axe I don't see why he would start now.

sora87

Klopp in Liverpool? EXCITED! On the other hand we really have a weak squad so he won't be able to do much, imho. Liverpool made so many retarded signings over the last two years and now Klopp is stuck with them, lol. Not sure I would pick this job if I were him unless there are ZERO expectations for this season from the board.

Another 2-3 years of rebuilding no doubt

Imagine if Chelsea relegates 😂😂😂

I've been a chelsea fan since i was young and although it would pain me to see that happen i would love it in the long run.
So many fake fans and tourists at the bridge now that it's getting ridiculous.
They were celebrating in may yet when the team really needs their support they pick up their shopping bags and boo as they leave the stadium after 70 minutes.
Bring on relegation i say and watch them all flock to man city.

Uzzy

By the end of the season, we'll get to enjoy headlines like these.

Klopp faces Kop Chop as Liverpool face Drop.

Catching up with MOTD, Mourinho moaning that the referee didn't 'give them a break' with the penalty appeal, then when asked about Southampton's penalty appeals says 'I prefer not to comment' :lol. dick.

TeddyBoy

Jürgen Klopp will become the manager of Liverpool Football Club by the end of the week. [Paul Joyce]

CQggVqSWIAEhchC.jpg

Yes it's a photoshop but it's so close :')

Empty

David Moyes linked to Sunderland.

The premiership misses that man.

the mid-table or bottom half pl club that gets moyes after sociedad sacks him and his reputation is sunk is incredibly lucky

obviously not suited to united or la liga but over last ten years probably the best premier league manager outside of the top 4.

Tenebrous

the mid-table or bottom half pl club that gets moyes after sociedad sacks him and his reputation is sunk is incredibly lucky

obviously not suited to united or la liga but over last ten years probably the best premier league manager outside of the top 4.

Agreed. Can he help Sunderland escape, though? I'm not sure. I think he'd be better suited to Villa or Newcastle than Sunderland. Teams that actually have decent players in the squad.

Lightning

Banned

Had an Everton management though where they backed him, refused to sell players on him and we're just hard to deal with regarding transfers allowing him to build a strong Everton team. Not sure he will get that kind of support from Sunderland nor do they have anything close to that kind of quality.

Moyes is a very solid manager but helped a lot by how good Everton's management was to him.

Gambit

We have Kimmich. He is really close to Alonsos level.

indeed. Kimmich is the reason I now want Pep to stay at a year longer. I want him to make the full transition from Alonso to Kimmich, because then Bayern will be settled in that department for a long time.

After this season I think the question will be Rode or Hojbjerg.

The_Poet

Banned
Not sure if I prefer Dier & Alli or Mason and Bentaleb in the Spurs midfield.

Dier can look like bambi on ice sometimes and Ide like to see Alli further up the pitch, but you cant ignore recent results with Dier/Alli...

Either way I think Spurs have a real shot at top 4 with Chelsea slipping away.

Not sure if I prefer Dier & Alli or Mason and Bentaleb in the Spurs midfield.

Dier can look like bambi on ice sometimes and Ide like to see Alli further up the pitch, but you cant ignore recent results with Dier/Alli...

Either way I think Spurs have a real shot at top 4 with Chelsea slipping away.

From what I've seen, I much prefer Dier and Alli.

spidye

Bayern needs to first play Rode every game. Alonso can please male and female watchers from the bank just fine.
I want to see more from rode too
I've not watched one bad game from him since he arrived at bayern

And all the best to gerd
Without him Bayern would have not been the team we see today

So, Messi's brother is already in prison and his dad could end up there too.

What a time for the Messi family.

Edit: shit guys, I thought Müller died with your posts. Well, it's not like Alzheimer's that much better but still. All the best to his family and himself, a truly terrible disease.

RiggyRob

Hoping he can turn Liverpool around, just not at our (arsenal) expense
3AQmK.gif

I'm hoping the quality of players at Liverpool are just too shit for Klopp to be anything but a failure, it's better than the alternative.

I'd have liked to have seen him take over from Van Gaal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom