• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't be bad at all, but I'd rather have Cou or Firmino in the middle. This will also be make or break for Can. Lucas is too slow to play that role under Klopp, so Can really has a chance to make that position his.

If not, then our top priority transfers should be a GK, RCB (Skrtel is 31), CDM, and a winger.

Something like...

Weidenfeller
Clyne Hummels Sakho Moreno
Bender Henderson
Blacsykowsi Firmino Coutinho
Sturridge

Subs: Mignolet Skrtel Gomez Allen Can Lallana Benteke

Fuck, I hope we don't sign any of those players. Those names are ridiculous!

Dortmund would love to give you Weidenfeller at this point. He would not be an upgrade over Mignolet anymore. Maybe a couple years ago.

Kuba could go (but he has a lot of injury problems and he is already almost 30, and on loan at Fiorentina for the year)and Hummels I don't see going.

Tenebrous

Dortmund would love to give you Weidenfeller at this point. He would not be an upgrade over Mignolet anymore. Maybe a couple years ago.

Kuba could go (but he has a lot of injury problems and he is already almost 30, and on loan at Fiorentina for the year)and Hummels I don't see going.

Was just grabbing names from the '13 CL squad, haha. I've not watched Dortmund this year, ashamedly.

Hopefully Italy will start their c-team in their last group game

I think some of our starters will be on the pitch in 3 days but yeah, I expect mostly the reserves playing if all remains well today.

Also, you're Norwegian right? I bet you're really hoping Bulgaria does us both a solid by beating Croatia later.

He "retired" back then.

Didn't really specify why, though. Or rather, I think I've read why but I can't remember and don't find it on google :lol

Maybe he can't be arsed with the politics, nationalism and semi-regular crowd trouble that comes with playing for the Balkan nations, especially since he's basically American :p

Really odd one, for a CB to retire from international duty at 24

Welp, any hope Bulgaria had of making it is basically gone. Looks like Norway will have to win against Italy in order to avoid the playoffs.

kottila

I think some of our starters will be on the pitch in 3 days but yeah, I expect mostly the reserves playing if all remains well today.

Also, you're Norwegian right? I bet you're really hoping Bulgaria does us both a solid by beating Croatia later.

Croatia gets an easy victory. Almost too easy..

LNBL

Well that was it. I think we are out now officialy for Euro 2016, Dutch team has sucked so badly this qualification. Small chance to go to the playoffs if Turkey loses against Iceland and we win vs Czech republic, but nobody is expecting that to happen.

Facism

Gold Member
Well that was it. I think we are out now officialy for Euro 2016, Dutch team has sucked so badly this qualification. Small chance to go to the playoffs if Turkey loses against Iceland and we win vs Czech republic, but nobody is expecting that to happen.

We won't beat Iceland, not when it takes 60 minutes for us to actually turn up to the match.

Hopefully this means the likes of Markovic, Firmino and Benteke will be properly used now. So much talent was wasted under Rodgers, despite his success here and there, that's one thing I will always hold against him.

Hopefully Lalalalalana will be shown the door soon if he doesn't improve. He disappears in nearly every important game. Despite Ings, Milner and Lallana doing most of the brunt work lately, I don't like any of them. Nothing about them screams quality to me.

Best wishes.

Tenebrous

Hopefully this means the likes of Markovic, Firmino and Benteke will be properly used now. So much talent was wasted under Rodgers, despite his success here and there, that's one thing I will always hold against him.

Hopefully Lalalalalana will be shown the door soon if he doesn't improve. He disappears in nearly every important game. Despite Ings, Milner and Lallana doing most of the brunt work lately, I don't like any of them. Nothing about them screams quality to me.

Best wishes.

Yeah Markovic is ideal for covering both wings. Perhaps a starter if he steps it up while out on loan.

Markovic Firmino Coutinho
-------------Sturridge------------

Benteke is going to be a weird one with Klopp's preferred formation. Lallana is worth keeping because he can cover pretty much anywhere from CM to AM/Winger if need be, although I wouldn't be against selling him should a £15m+ offer come in. Ings we should definitely keep, as he's a pretty damn good third choice striker (better than what the other clubs have).

Milner is a weird one.

Yeah Markovic is ideal for covering both wings. Perhaps a starter if he steps it up while out on loan.

Markovic Firmino Coutinho
-------------Sturridge------------

Benteke is going to be a weird one with Klopp's preferred formation. Lallana is worth keeping because he can cover pretty much anywhere from CM to AM/Winger if need be, although I wouldn't be against selling him should a £15m+ offer come in. Ings we should definitely keep, as he's a pretty damn good third choice striker (better than what the other clubs have).

Milner is a weird one.

With the current squad, we have far too many players wanting to play up top. If Lallana wants to stay, he needs to produce chances and be creative from the middle, instead of going for the net. I don't know how good he is at central midfield, but I'd rather Can and Henderson there instead.

I saw earlier someone had the idea of having Sturridge on the wing or behind Benteke, he would hate that. Studge does great with a partner, but not by being a winger or striking from behind. One of the reasons he left Chelsea was because he wasn't getting the opportunity to play up front and they kept shoving him out wide.

Coutinho needs to play centrally, which makes the purchase of Firmino really weird. To get the best out of both, they need to play closely together and both play best in a central position. Markovic and Ibe are the only out and out wingers that we have, and Ibe is certainly not an end product, while Markovic is on loan due to Rodgers incompetence.

Klopp will have to figure it out. Either play with two strikers or shuffles the positions around. He could always pull a Real Madrid where despite Ronaldo starting LW, as he advances, Benzema drops back as support. Benteke could always do that with Sturridge. I hope to see some flair and difference by Christmas hopefully.

Best wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom