• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to see all of our players come out and defend Jose: Willian, Cahill, JT, Costa, Cesc, Zouma, Begovic, Hazard's Dad and Ramires

Costa said he was overweight when he came back from pre-season and the players thought they would walk the title again >.<

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Very sad to see Bolivia fall further into irrelevance. They are probably in the middle of the worst administrative crisis of their history.

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games
Quite a day for an Irish Liverpool fan.

Massive result against the world champions. Much needed.

Huge game against Poland next, needing a big away result means it will be even more difficult ask.

Commiserations to Scotland, pity we were all in the same group.

Congrats to Norn Iron, great to see you qualifying.

Best wishes to Jürgen Klopp, welcome to Liverpool Football Club.

Interesting to see all of our players come out and defend Jose: Willian, Cahill, JT, Costa, Cesc, Zouma, Begovic, Hazard's Dad and Ramires

Costa said he was overweight when he came back from pre-season and the players thought they would walk the title again >.<

I'm stunned that Mourinho allowed that mindset to fester tbh, after his work in 05/06 and seeing things fall apart at Madrid the season after winning La Liga

Think its Ferguson who is a great exponent on doing everything possible to keep the players on their toes after a title win, as they start relaxing otherwise and its difficult to turn it back on when that happens.

Wonder if the relative lack of recruitment has made a lot of the players too sure of their place in the team/squad. Ivanovic, Matic, Hazard and Fabregas particularly look like they're just not concentrating at the moment, and fuck knows what is going on in Costa's head at any given moment :p

I'm stunned that Mourinho allowed that mindset to fester tbh, after his work in 05/06 and seeing things fall apart at Madrid the season after winning La Liga

Think its Ferguson who is a great exponent on doing everything possible to keep the players on their toes after a title win, as they start relaxing otherwise and its difficult to turn it back on when that happens.

Wonder if the relative lack of recruitment has made a lot of the players too sure of their place in the team/squad. Ivanovic, Matic, Hazard and Fabregas particularly look like they're just not concentrating at the moment, and fuck knows what is going on in Costa's head at any given moment :p

Well Cesc said Jose wouldn't allow complacency, not much he can do if they players are acting it on the pitch though. What gets me about this patch of form is that I have no concerns about Jose preparing the players properly for matches, none at all, I think you might be right about the lack of signings, which pissed Jose off too.

Well Cesc said Jose wouldn't allow complacency, not much he can do if they players are acting it on the pitch though. What gets me about this patch of form is that I have no concerns about Jose preparing the players properly for matches, none at all, I think you might be right about the lack of signings, which pissed Jose off too.

Its all well and good saying you won't allow complacency, but surely he has to walk the walk and drop those players who are showing it?

Maybe he has a directive from higher up, but right now a few of your players don't deserve to be playing, and if they throw their toys out the pram for being dropped until they sort themselves out, they shouldn't be at the club.

Germany should have known better

Ryu%20Sheng%20Long.png

I just realized that Klopp has a rather great record against the other top managers in the PL:

- finished ahead of Arsenal two times in the CL
- kicked Pellegrini's Malaga out of the CL in the most cruel (and fantastic) way possible
- put an end on van Gaal's Bayern
- completely destroyed Mourinho's Madrid

LFC PL winner 2016

Gambit

I just realized that Klopp has a rather great record against the other top managers in the PL:

- kicked Pellegrini's Malaga out of the CL in the most cruel (and fantastic) way possible

LFC PL winner 2016

Not a bad record. That game against Madrid with Lewandowski eliminating them on his own was just incredible. I celebrated Dortmund's goals as if they were my team.

I find it amusing that we basically have no stake in the PL, but because Klopp joined Liverpool and Schweinsteiger joined United, we still wound up supporting rivals again. Just in a different league.

Though to be fair, not nearly to the same degree. I laugh when United loses and I hope very much that Klopp will succeed.

Jack cw

LFC PL winner 2016
The other side of your medal is rather disilluisioning though compared to other CL managers.
But he is at the start of his career and I hope he gets lfc into the top 4. The box to box play in epl might be perfectly tailored to his rather one dimensional tactical skills.
What is German for 'Forza'?
Mia san mia.
Auf geht's

bjaelke pls

Its 2015, I ain't downloading an interview :p

Well, you don't need to :lol

Kloppo clearly lost some weight, maybe he did some of that Tuchel diet.

Also, Klopp's English is good/decent but he's clearly missing a lot of his charisma in English. So, I hope for him that he can improve his English and not pull off a Pep.

Tainted

Great press conference from Klopp.....down to earth, sincere but more importantly putting the English press in their place right from the get go.

Gotta love this guy

LFC PL winner 2016

Finished ahead, but head-to-head they were always very evenly matched.

Oct 2013: ARS 1-2 BVB
Nov 2013: BVB 0-1 ARS
Sep 2014: BVB 2-0 ARS
Nov 2014: ARS 2-0 BVB

None of these fixtures were dead rubbers, and Arsenal and Dortmund finished level on points in 2013-14 and 2014-15. Dortmund won the groups by goal difference each time (by +2 and +3).

Jarnet87

Kun Agüero out with injury after twenty minutes. I blame the kit number.

Yeah read he got hurt, Gotze and Schweinsteiger also picked up injuries. Roop will make some miraculous recovery to play for England and injure himself further. Dem Internationals.

Klopp at Liverpool, Mou likely at Chelski, Pep at City..................................Giggs at United.

that should sit well with us United fans. If we thought the Moyes era was dark, pepper thine angus.

Yeah read he got hurt, Gotze and Schweinsteiger also picked up injuries. Roop will make some miraculous recovery to play for England and injure himself further. Dem Internationals.

Klopp at Liverpool, Mou likely at Chelski, Pep at City..................................Giggs at United.

that should sit well with us United fans. If we thought the Moyes era was dark, pepper thine angus.

Will City really get rid of Pellegrini if he wins them another title? And is it really for definite that Pep leaves Bayern right now?

I can see Pep going to United or Arsenal after Van Gaal / Wenger's contracts end.

Will City really get rid of Pellegrini if he wins them another title? And is it really for definite that Pep leaves Bayern right now?

I can see Pep going to United or Arsenal after Van Gaal / Wenger's contracts end.

Someone every year has had a verbal agreement with Pep since Mancini was at the club. The footy press probably just copy pasta last years article on the subject whenever it comes up.

Beefy

Whatever happens this season, I still think Pep will be at City next season.

Great press conference from Klopp.....down to earth, sincere but more importantly putting the English press in their place right from the get go.

Gotta love this guy

Yeah, this will be interesting. Klopp has answered some journalists quite harshly or made them look stupid at BVB's press conferences, although it was always in a kind of joking manner. Could end up badly for him if the English press is taking his answers the wrong way.

Gotta love this guy

Yep. Loved how he told the photographer to stop so he could hear the lady's question as well. It was a good press conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom