• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bayern will lose too

This is your weekend, Milch

I don't even care. Honestly.

Although it would be the best for you guys to lose some matches. It would be the worst for you to officially have the title in March/April again. Guardiola has yet to show that the team can keep it up in the CL/DFB cup after the league is done.

Blablurn

I don't even care. Honestly.

Although it would be the best for you guys to lose some matches. It would be the worst for you to officially have the title in March/April again. Guardiola has yet to show that the team can keep it up in the CL/DFB cup after the league is done.

That's true

Maybe today is the day

bjaelke

#THFC team: Lloris (c), Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose; Alli, Dembele; Chadli, Eriksen, Lamela; Kane

Subs: Vorm, Davies, Trippier, Wimmer, Clinton, Townsend, Winks

Confirmed #LFC team v @SpursOfficial: Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Sakho, Moreno, Can, Lucas, Milner, Lallana, Coutinho, Origi

Confirmed #LFC subs v @SpursOfficial: Bogdan, Toure, Allen, Ibe, Sinclair, Teixeira, Randall

Our striker situation is absolutely dire

TeddyBoy

I want to say Klopp is playing for the draw with that team.

Highly compact and not much of an attaching threat.

Not sure we'll get it, we don't have any out ball with Origi so we'll be under pressure pretty much the entire 90 minutes.

A lot less confident now that Sturridge isn't playing :/

And lol at Lovren being dropped from the bench as well :p

Beefy

I want to say Klopp is playing for the draw with that team.

Highly compact and not much of an attaching threat.

Not sure we'll get it, we don't have any out ball with Origi so we'll be under pressure pretty much the entire 90 minutes.

A lot less confident now that Sturridge isn't playing :/

And lol at Lovren being dropped from the bench as well :p

Why isn't Sturridge playing?

Blablurn

that escalated quickly

screenshot23eju08.png

Oi Milch, did you ever approach games intending to sit deep, and only start the press when the ball got 35 yards from goal

Don't think today's match is the time to go all out team pressing across the pitch. Feel that'd leave gaps that do more damage than the benefit, since few of our players are adept at it now, and 4 days isn't enough time to make them adept at it

Oi Milch, did you ever approach games intending to sit deep, and only start the press when the ball got 35 yards from goal

Don't think today's match is the time to go all out team pressing across the pitch. Feel that'd leave gaps that do more damage than the benefit, since few of our players are adept at it now, and 4 days isn't enough time to make them adept at it
Well, Klopp was at Dortmund quite a time before we could afford the players to do his successful pressing.

And we sat rather deep in 10/11 and focused on counter attacks. That obviously had to change when we won the league and other teams only defended against us.

norinrad

That should have been a goal. This is the first time i have seen Liverpool playing with come confidence in years. I hope they win.

Get rid of Milner next season.

20 minutes and Liverpool haven't won the game yet. FFS Klapp is as much as fraud as Brett Rodgers was.

Sturridge the team player, sharing his gum out. I have a new level of respect for him.

Sakho starting
Can in midfield
Klopp > Brendan already

Great start by Liverpool, looked entirely different in the first 20 then they were against Everton and in Europa. Promising.

TeddyBoy

Good half from Liverpool, we've got energy and desire again which seems to have been absent since Suarez left.

We started the half better but Spurs came into it, happy to go into the break drawing.

I doubt this pace will continue throughout the entire match though, it's pretty much end to end already so some players are certain to get tired soon.

Good half from Liverpool, we've got energy and desire again which seems to have been absent since Suarez left.

We started the half better but Spurs came into it, happy to go into the break drawing.

I doubt this pace will continue throughout the entire match though, it's pretty much end to end already so some players are certain to get tired soon.

If Liverpool win "Klopp is our saviour", lose "Bring back King Kenny".

norinrad

I like the line up and LvG dropping Memphis is a good start, it will motivate him to do his best. I do feel Lukaku is going to walk all over the defense :p

If only LvG could bench the retired boxer as well, but being on 300k and no one wanting him, United is stuck with the bastard.

raven777

The fact Blind is also bench makes me feel Memphis is not starting cause of the Dutch Euro exit..

I hope it's permanent drop....at least for a while.

Unconfirmed Member
Delay finally dropped. He's been underwhelming so far and Martial's good start is doing him no favours .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom