• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the line up and LvG dropping Memphis is a good start, it will motivate him to do his best. I do feel Lukaku is going to walk all over the defense :p

If only LvG could bench the retired boxer as well, but being on 300k and no one wanting him, United is stuck with the bastard.

Three man midfield? Rooney out wide? Memphis dropped? Nice to see LvG stop coddling the egos in the team.

Rooney won't leave the starting lineup this season though. The media circus that would follow might actually destroy LvG's position as manager just as quickly as a slide down the table.

RiggyRob

CRhVfxBVAAA27lg.png:large

So, Jones RB, Rojo LCB and Darmian LB? Can't see why LVG would've benched Blind, he's actually been OK as a CB, better than I would've thought.

Empty

coutinho invisible like he is so often. he'll score a 25 yard curler and ping a fifty yard assist in a couple of weeks though and everyone will say how world class he is.

Can was impressive, as were Sakho and Moreno. Origi was okay but he needs more confidence. Very quiet game for Coutinho though. Mignolet saved us today in the end.

This injury list is not going to do Klopp any favors. Hope he can manage.

Best wishes.

bjaelke

Origi needs to shave that thing on his chin before he can rise to the occasion.

0-0 was a good result for us given the circumstances (injuries, international break, new manager - what's Spurs' excuse?). Opening 20 minutes showed us what Klopp is all about. Shame they hit the break after that and let Spurs back in the game. Might have been different if that header had gone.

Lunar FC

Can was impressive, as were Sakho and Moreno. Origi was okay but he needs more confidence. Very quiet game for Coutinho though. Mignolet saved us today in the end.

This injury list is not going to do Klopp any favors. Hope he can manage.

Best wishes.
Feels like a quiet season so far for Coutinho in general. In this a year I was hoping to see him break out.

Lunar FC

I don't know why, but whenever I see something in german I just have to shout it with the most ridiculous accent.

Quite the lineup Chelsea put out today.

MauroNL

Everton ripped apart in 5 minutes. Jones has to be careful now to for the rest of the game with a yellow. Great header from Herrera though, nice calm finish

Jarnet87

Agreed. The balance of this midfield is much better without Rooney at number ten too.

Martial playing up front would still be best though.

Everything is better without Rooney right now lol.

This has been one of the few times the United midfield has played as a unit. Often in van Gaals system he's had the the 2 deep holding midfielders sit way too deep while the attacking is isolated. the 3 in midfield all playing well today and moving as a unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom