• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moobabe

There goes West Ham's season, I was going to put him in my fantasy football as well.

Decent from Chelsea, not had too many chances but stopped Stoke playing so far.

Yeah we've played pretty well so far without creating any clear cut chances - Costa with a couple of decent efforts though.

If we can move the ball a bit quicker we'll start to cause Stoke problems.

TeddyBoy

Yeah we've played pretty well so far without creating any clear cut chances - Costa with a couple of decent efforts though.

If we can move the ball a bit quicker we'll start to cause Stoke problems.

Yeah I think Costa is part of the problem, he's lost a lot of pace over the summer and that's really hurting the runs he can do in the final third now.

You need someone with the speed of Remy but the positioning and finishing of Costa.

zroid

Banned
CTOz8-4WEAAz9oz.jpg

:lol

Moobabe

Disappointed today - we played better, controlled most of the game but didn't create much.

Having said that - we should have had a penalty and Butland should have been off.

Disappointed today - we played better, controlled most of the game but didn't create much.

Having said that - we should have had a penalty and Butland should have been off.

Remy jumped over him, if he wanted a penalty for it he shouldn't have jumped.

That wasn't why we didn't win (or draw) today, Costa isn't doing much up front except getting in fights...

I've no idea if this is it for Jose, it doesn't feel like it but its up to Roman I guess

Moobabe

Remy jumped over him, if he wanted a penalty for it he shouldn't have jumped.

That wasn't why we didn't win today, Costa isn't doing much up front except getting in fights...

I've no idea if this is it for Jose, it doesn't feel like it but its up to Roman I guess

Nope - you can give away a free kick anywhere on the pitch, without making contact, because of intent.

Remy has to take evasive action to avoid the foul from Butland and, as a result of that, misses his chance. It's a penalty.

Hazard, Willian and Pedro played well. Costa was poor again though.

zroid

Banned
Decades from now, we will look back on this Chelsea season as the focal point of what led to generations of unprecedented global harmony.

JonCha

As one of the very few Stoke fans on GAF I'm taking my moment to gloat.

Shaqiri's ball into Johnson was quality. Marko's finish was beautiful. The rest of the team were superb defensively.

Why does it seem like everyone is happy with that Chelsea is losing so much this season?

There's something inherently dislikable about Chelsea. I don't think you would get this with other clubs. Whether it's Costa's constant hooliganisms or Mourinho's obnoxious and hateful personality, I don't know. But it doesn't paint a good picture of the club brand.

That said, would be gutted if Mou gets sacked.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Why does it seem like everyone is happy with that Chelsea is losing so much this season?
The very idea of Chelsea, a nothing club for like a century until it got sugar daddy oil money and bought success most fanbases never experience repulses a lot of fans. Easily hateable big personalities on the club like Mourinho, Abramovich, Terry, Costa, etc... and a boring style of play are other contributing factors.

Lunar FC

The very idea of Chelsea, a nothing club for like a century until it got sugar daddy oil money and bought success most fanbases never experience repulses a lot of fans. Easily hateable big personalities on the club like Mourinho, Abramovich, Terry, Costa, etc... and a boring style of play are other contributing factors.

Well I can't disagree with the opinions of a fellow Fargo fan..

nitewulf

cunt team, managed by a cunt manager, and the fans are cunts for the most part. all my FB "friends" that support chelsea are the most passive aggressive alpha male wannabe douchebags i have ever seen.

EmiPrime

cunt team, managed by a cunt manager, and the fans are cunts for the most part. all my FB "friends" that support chelsea are the most passive aggressive alpha male wannabe douchebags i have ever seen.

And a cunt owner who obtained his wealth through very dodgy means to put it mildly. Chelsea were a decent cup team at best before he bought them and then he pumped silly money into the club effectively buying the league. They represent everything that is wrong about football from top to bottom.

EmiPrime

City is a oil team like Chelsea but I could never summon much of a feeling about whatsoever.

Man City fans are okay, they remember what relegation feels like so they don't get too cocky and mostly can't believe their luck. Good LGBT support too.

I don't like how they got their success and Nasri is a cunt but other than that I can't muster up much emotion about them either.

Fdkn

The very idea of Chelsea, a nothing club for like a century until it got sugar daddy oil money and bought success most fanbases never experience repulses a lot of fans.

so what's the difference between Abramovich and the Glazer Family, the Fenway Sports Group, Stan Kroenke, the ENIC group, etc? every premier league team is now managed by bored millionaires. Almost every top team in Europe is, excluding Madrid and Barcelona that still have elections and no money injections.

Chelsea has become self-sustainable after the initial investment, that's something some of those historic clubs can't say right now. And we better don't start with ManCity.

in b4 avatar quote

EmiPrime

so what's the difference between Abramovich and the Glazer Family, the Fenway Sports Group, Stan Kroenke, the ENIC group, etc? every premier league team is now managed by bored millionaires. Almost every top team in Europe is, excluding Madrid and Barcelona that still have elections and no money injections.

Chelsea has become self-sustainable after the initial investment, that's something some of those historic clubs can't say right now. And we better don't start with ManCity.

in b4 avatar quote

That's some false equivalency right there.

The Glazers saddled Man United with their own debt from buying the club and Kroenke hasn't put his own money into Arsenal. Neither have benefited from having rich owners.

Fenway put in a bunch of money into Liverpool but they didn't get any success out of it so nobody cares.

Fdkn

The Glazers saddled Man United with their own debt from buying the club and Kroenke hasn't put his own money into Arsenal. Neither have benefited from having rich owners.

Man United faster than everyone else economic expansion in the last decade is thanks to the Glazers way of management. Even if they had a couple of bad performance years, that's the reason they can spend stupid amounts of money right now.

I'm not really interested in Arsenal so I guess you're right about that one, they wouldn't win anything worthwhile anyway.

Fenway put in a bunch of money into Liverpool but they didn't get any success out of it so nobody cares.

if people only care about the 'undeserved' money when it wins stuff, I think we're closer to envy than dislike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom