• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
so what's the difference between Abramovich and the Glazer Family, the Fenway Sports Group, Stan Kroenke, the ENIC group, etc? every premier league team is now managed by bored millionaires. Almost every top team in Europe is, excluding Madrid and Barcelona that still have elections and no money injections.

Chelsea has become self-sustainable after the initial investment, that's something some of those historic clubs can't say right now. And we better don't start with ManCity.

in b4 avatar quote

I wouldn't bother trying to defend us tbh, the only thing that gets this thread going anymore is when people are bitching/whining about us (or celebrating us losing). The thread wouldn't be over the second page if we were doing well.

Although the salt (amongst other things) is actually something I find highly amusing.

El Topo

Jeez, guys, don't get so worked up, embrace it. Same with Fuck Bayern. The season sucks for you, but you still shouldn't take our comments or schadenfreude too seriously.
For whatever joy I might get out of Chelsea's misery - I haven't forgiven 2012 - they are not really worse than Bayern and they have a lot of great fans.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
so what's the difference between Abramovich and the Glazer Family, the Fenway Sports Group, Stan Kroenke, the ENIC group, etc? every premier league team is now managed by bored millionaires. Almost every top team in Europe is, excluding Madrid and Barcelona that still have elections and no money injections.

Chelsea has become self-sustainable after the initial investment, that's something some of those historic clubs can't say right now. And we better don't start with ManCity.

in b4 avatar quote
None actually, Chelsea just gets a lot of hate because of how successful they were in doing so. I don't hate them for that reason, club football is richer and more cutthroat than ever, that's business. Morals in football are a lie supporters tell themselves to make themselves feel better. Winning is winning whether you spend a billion on a team or do it using academy players.

Personally I just can't stand Mourinho, John Terry, the constant excuse-making for Costa's antics by the fans (he's a dirty asshole, accept it and move on). I don't even mind Costa himself, he's a WWE heel. It's just hilarious to see the mental gymnastics Chelsea supporters go through to defend him. Also some CL bad blood through the years.

Anyone else playing Football Manager 2016's beta?

Loving that Create a Club mode.

Not got it yet, usually I get FM asap but not really the hype for this one atm. Not helped by how they handled beta access... are there any good deals on it?

Glad Create a club is good though

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Not got it yet, usually I get FM asap but not really the hype for this one atm. Not helped by how they handled beta access... are there any good deals on it?

Glad Create a club is good though
I used getgamesgo and got it for £26.60 using code EGL

JonCha

Ive never played one of these, are they fun?

Personally I found as a very, very casual and occasional player I always suck at them. I'm not doubting they're fun and rewarding but it seems like the kind of game you need to play a lot to understand and be good at. Of course I could be talking complete rubbish here due to said lack of experience with it.

I'm biased when it comes to Football Manager, but it's the best football sim out there and has been for 20+ years. I know it has had it's weak releases over the years too, where some new features were underwhelming or only half implemented. However, 2016 seems like a good round up year with everything finally coming together. The create a club & manager is slightly goofy at the moment, despite what I just said, but they're not major game features, so I don't mind.

AI Manager is improving and starting to get more personalised in that they act like who they're supposed to act like. My only major issue, and it's more of a pet peeve, is that certain clubs/players continue to be rated very highly - but that's all personal opinion. The research is done my fans for free, and as much as they try not to there's always a little bit of fan bias creeping in (I did the Newcastle United research from 2008-2013).

Goals on Sunday is so so much better than MOTD. I rarely watch it as I don't have Sky Sports ( only rarely via NowTV or via torrents etc.) but it's so so much better analysis and highlights.

Uzzy

Anyone else playing Football Manager 2016's beta?

Loving that Create a Club mode.

Yeah. I signed Del Piero up for Hull and he scored a beautiful goal in my first game. Tried to upload it but in my attempts to get a good version the game crashed. Hadn't saved either.

So sad.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Villa v City is kinda boring. Switching to Dortmund v Schalke, should be a lot of goals
against Schalke
in that one.

I don't know how much he had to actually do with it, but that was still an astonishing save by Guzan against Sterling.

It's only once a year or so, but every time I hear Kieran Richardson's name I'm more and more surprised that he's still in the prem.

I see the same journalists as usual are already making excuses for Arsenal and its only half-time... you'd think they would at least wait until full-time before going into defensive mode.

Im not even watching the game but its funny to see.

Moskalova

DiligentPepperyEnglishpointer.gif

Purdy

So did like most of the people get banned from the old threads here or just leave because of the crack down on not being allowed to speak your mind?

Thread seems very slow compared to before

Lunar FC

So did like most of the people get banned from the old threads here or just leave because of the crack down on not being allowed to speak your mind?

Thread seems very slow compared to before

Little bit of both.

Thought we played well going foward today, just couldn't get the final ball to drop for us.

It hurts when your team lose a game they shouldn't have lost.

Couldn't have complained about any result

Was ludicrously end to end, unbelievably frustrating that we conspire to only score one goal in pretty much every game. Amount of the ball and players we had in space around their box, not managing to score 3 is a failure, let alone 2.

Sakho left the stadium on crutches, if he's out for months rather than weeks we're absolutely fucked.

Godan

Well happy to get a draw out of that even when we played so shit. 10 assists in 11 games for Ozil can see him breaking the record this season if he manages to stay injury free. Also feel Alexis needs some kind of a rest can see when he is playing at times that he is tired.

EmiPrime

I think we would have thumped them with Bellerin and Ramsey in the team. Cazorla and Alexis being knackered didn't help either. Ozil was magnificent, best player on the pitch. Fair result in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom