• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ireland just scored and nobody watching could actually see the goal because of the fog!

7TODEzi.png

I'll take it, though. C'mon Ireland!

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
This international break has been brutal. The only good match I've seen from Euro 2016, Conmebol, and Concacaf WC qualifiers has been Ecuador v Uruguay. The rest have been boring as fuck. Come on Zlatan, score a hat trick with some crazy goal that goes viral.

This international break has been brutal. The only good match I've seen from Euro 2016, Conmebol, and Concacaf WC qualifiers has been Ecuador v Uruguay. The rest have been boring as fuck. Come on Zlatan, score a hat trick with some crazy goal that goes viral.

You should have watched Ukraine - Slovenia today. It was very good game.

From what I'm seeing of the Ukraine game, I'm surprised Ukraine's lead isn't higher. Ukraine are just dominating right now.

This is the 6th time Ukraine got to the play offs and previous 5 times they lost. One of those teams that beat Ukraine was Slovenia in 1999. That's why these games are so tense now even when Ukraine has advantage. History isn't on our side... :)

This is the 6th time Ukraine got to the play offs and previous 5 times they lost. One of those teams that beat Ukraine was Slovenia in 1999. That's why these games are so tense now even when Ukraine has advantage. History isn't on our side... :)

I'm not sure a smiley face is what you were going for there given the rest of the sentence.

Regardless, given how Ukraine played today, I think you'll be fine for the next leg. A 2-0 lead does give you some space between you and Slovenia.

Sweden got the win but I think Denmark can come back from this. That goal in the 80th minute could be huge for them.

I'm not sure a smiley face is what you were going for there given the rest of the sentence.

Regardless, given how Ukraine played today, I think you'll be fine for the next leg. A 2-0 lead does give you some space between you and Slovenia.

Sweden got the win but I think Denmark can come back from this. That goal in the 80th minute could be huge for them.

I guess it was somewhat sarcastic smiley face. Even after 2-0 win, I'm still a bit skeptical that Ukraine will make simply because of the history...

Denmark really saved that game.

I see the rumour mill has Liverpool interested in Marc-Andre ter Stegen. Anyone knows if he is any good? I haven't had a chance to watch Barcelona matches this season. Would he be an upgrade over Mignolet?

TeddyBoy

I see the rumour mill has Liverpool interested in Marc-Andre ter Stegen. Anyone knows if he is any good? I haven't had a chance to watch Barcelona matches this season. Would he be an upgrade over Mignolet?

Ter Stegen is one of the highest rated young goal keepers in the world (which is why Barcelona bought him). He would be a massive upgrade over Mignolet in EVERY department even at his young age.

Are we interested? Yeah but so will every other champions league aiming team, that doesn't mean he'll come or we could afford to buy him (he only cost Barcelona €12 million, but his buy-out clause is €80 million which is waaaaay over our price range).

I'd chalk this up to the media just making a new headline story, just like the Pato deal.

He's okay. Tries to emulate Neuer too much. He's definitely out of the reach of Liverpool lol.

I thought that would be a breaking point. We had the chance to make it much easier for us, hah. But mentally we were stronger than I have ever seen this team to be. Glad to be proven wrong. Also, Norway's arrogance bit them back.

And yes. Last time we were in a major tourney was the year I was born in.

AcridMeat

Banned
I'm so happy to see Hungary have made it, I've been waiting for a long time to see them in a major tournament. Next summer should be a blast with my dad.

Pachimari

Yeah Sweden!

edit: holy shit that Ibra strike and Danish keeper's save

What a save from Schmeichel.

Kasper looked like his legendary dad with that save of Ibra's missle fk.

Anyone have a clip of this?
I unfortunately missed the match.

Hopefully Denmark can turn it around and beat Sweden in the next match. I'll be okay if Sweden wins too though lol. I don't have a big affiliation to my country anyway.

At least we have some players back and the game's at home. That's something.

However, I can't see Bosnia playing any worse than they did on Friday, I think they'll get 1 goal at least.

Yes!!!!!!!!!! What a result! Not so much the performance, though. But so happy we made it. And Brady finally put in a good ball in the end. Took him fucking long enough.

Euros here we comeeeeeeeeeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom