• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether or not these extra measures are effective or not. They have to be done. You can't just do nothing.

Yes you can. The "if only it saves knew life" rhetoric gotta stop, and we got to ask ourselves of all these measures, will actually do anything good for our security or if we should keep living life as we are.

As already pointed out there is plenty of other opportunities to bomb a whole bunch of people after or just before a match outside already. Let's not panic and overreact. Why's happened in Paris is terrible, but let's get some perspective. You are not suddenly in huge danger at sport or music events. Fuck the false senses of security. You're as secure as ever, much more likely to die in traffic on your way there

It's not viable really, it's like people demanding body scans to go see a fucking movie, because a few crazy people shot up a theater

Lunar FC

Yes you can. The "if only it saves knew life" rhetoric gotta stop, and we got to ask ourselves of all these measures, will actually do anything good for our security or if we should keep living life as we are.

As already pointed out there is plenty of other opportunities to bomb a whole bunch of people after or just before a match outside already. Let's not panic and overreact. Why's happened in Paris is terrible, but let's get some perspective. You are not suddenly in huge danger at sport or music events. Fuck the false senses of security. You're as secure as ever, much more likely to die in traffic on your way there

It's not viable really, it's like people demanding body scans to go see a fucking movie, because a few crazy people shot up a theater

Easy to say that when it's not your ass on the line if something happens and you could of done something to try to stop it.

#mufc XI: De Gea; Young, Jones, Smalling, Blind; Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger; Mata, Herrera, Lingard; Memphis.

Memphis as striker after all. I hope we can come out with 3 points.

Easy to say that when it's not your ass on the line if something happens and you could of done something to try to stop it.

How exactly is my ass not on the line and why do you assume that? It is as much as anyone's life is, which is luckily not by much. But I live in what is certainly one of the top priorities for terrorists, and I go to both concerts and football matches. Body scannners everywhere will not solve a thing. We even saw that they actually did find the explosives outside the French national team stadium, which got them to explode them without getting in. What's next, we arm every security guard? Because they could easily force their entry even with a body scanner, if they just had a gun.

man, this took a dark turn
wel obviously this affects everyone. moreso the players who played in Paris during the tragedy and those with a french background.
but at the same time, isn't goint back to their normal lives and normal behaviour the best way to process this whole experience?
maybe HSV players could deal with that tragedy better than some dormtund players? should the trauma really be considered in their evauation?
Well, like I implied, I don't know. For the evaluation, I don't say Ginter/Hummels/Gündogan played well considering what they've went through. They were bad yesterday, for whatever reason. And normally, I would blame the mentioned players but I don't feel like doing so in this situation.

And yes, I agree that playing football will help people get back to normality. But this doesn't mean that everyone is back at their best instantly. It's a process that might take some players longer than others, just like with everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom