• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
dunno if mentioned but for the england vs france game tomorrow. both captains will lay a floral tribute before kickoff, all players will wear black armbands, and the france anthem will go last with the words being displayed on the screens

HOLY SHIT, anybody watching Mexico vs Honduras????

WOW, one of the worst leg injuries EVER.
I cringed and couldn't look at the screen during the replays. Horrible horrible injury. Poor Honduran guy's gonna be out of commission for a year. Cherry on top is that the play where that happened was a marked as foul in favor of Mexico. The injury was 100% an accident.

I implore you Jimmy [Floyd Hasselbaink], do not take the QPR job whatever you do. Bigger and better organised clubs will come for you if you hold on with Burton, that is one poisoned chalice that will do nothing for your career.

Still one of my favourite players ever and the last great number 9 for us. A big managerial career ahead of him as long as he keeps on the right course, of which QPR should not be a stop off on the way.

la_briola

"Schalke-Boss Tönnies fordert den Einsatz von Körperscannern in Bundesligastadien."

Tönnies (Schlacke boss) wants Body scanners at every Bundesliga stadium. What a wanker.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
It's unnecessary, really. And where do we draw the line? Look at Germany's second or third division, there are plenty of people as well. Even in the fourth division, there were 30,000 people at Aachen - Essen.

Can never be too safe IMO

I wouldn't mind being body scanned if it kept us all safe.

Can never be too safe IMO

I wouldn't mind being body scanned if it kept us all safe.

But does it? It's more of a fake safety to me.

In German stadiums, there is so much superficial control at the entrances that I doubt body scanners would help. And in a lot of stadiums, you can get close enough to blow something up before you even get controlled.

Lunar FC

But does it? It's more of a fake safety to me.

In German stadiums, there is so much superficial control at the entrances that I doubt body scanners would help. And in a lot of stadiums, you can get close enough to blow something up before you even get controlled.

Whether or not these extra measures are effective or not. They have to be done. You can't just do nothing.

EmiPrime

Installing body scanners at turnstiles will do nothing. I always get my bag searched before matches and I don't fit any kind of terrorist profile.

There are huge masses of people before and after matches between the stadiums and the train stations, do we install body scanners at every train station too? It already takes too long to get home after a match. Let's not give in to fear.

RiggyRob

No Martial and no Rooney. I guess Fellaini will play as striker, huh?

WTH4615_Cast_Away_main

Or Memphis.

But probably Fellaini.

Jarnet87

Carrick, Valencia, Fellaini, Martial, Rooney all already ruled out for Watford. Wilson not fit for 90 minutes.

Maybe Wilson starts up front, or Depay and they bring on Wilson for 25-30 minutes.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Wow what awful marking by Weigl. Hummels told him to go mark his man but he kept his position, just stood there looking at Hummels' man which allowed the Hamburg attacker free.

Well, I really don't know where to put this result after this terrible week. I'm obviously not happy about the loss but it doesn't really matter, does it?

Tuchel made some mistakes (Kagawa should have been rested) and we obviously didn't play well. But can you blame players like Ginter, Hummels or Gündogan for their terrible performances today after they've witnessed the stuff in Paris and Hanover? Can we expect players with close ties to France like Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan to play at their best?

I don't know, schadenfreude about the loss seems out of place to me. We should just be happy that everything went well today and this was one of the first steps back to normality.

El Topo

HSV is not going down anyway, so I don't need to cheer for their opponents. It's still unfortunate that BVB lost. I think Milch is also completely right that you can't blame players after all the horrible stuff that happened within the past week. I'm just glad nothing bad happened. For now, that's all I'm hoping for this weekend.

spidye

Well, I really don't know where to put this result after this terrible week. I'm obviously not happy about the loss but it doesn't really matter, does it?

Tuchel made some mistakes (Kagawa should have been rested) and we obviously didn't play well. But can you blame players like Ginter, Hummels or Gündogan for their terrible performances today after they've witnessed the stuff in Paris and Hanover? Can we expect players with close ties to France like Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan to play at their best?

I don't know, schadenfreude about the loss seems out of place to me. We should just be happy that everything went well today and this was one of the first steps back to normality.

man, this took a dark turn
wel obviously this affects everyone. moreso the players who played in Paris during the tragedy and those with a french background.
but at the same time, isn't goint back to their normal lives and normal behaviour the best way to process this whole experience?
maybe HSV players could deal with that tragedy better than some dormtund players? should the trauma really be considered in their evauation?

Tubie

Who's ready for El Clasico?

Is Messi ready for El Clasico?

Will Ronaldo look pretty as usual?

Should be exciting!

Benitez has made Madrid into an ugly defensive team (that can't even defend properly against good teams) that has relied on Navas to stay at the top of the table until that Sevilla loss.

We didn't win shit last season, but at least we played great and entertaining Football for most of the season. This season we will play like shit and win nothing.

I predict Neymar gets 3 in, with 2 of them being assists from Messi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom