• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

nampad

Well, I really don't know where to put this result after this terrible week. I'm obviously not happy about the loss but it doesn't really matter, does it?

Tuchel made some mistakes (Kagawa should have been rested) and we obviously didn't play well. But can you blame players like Ginter, Hummels or Gündogan for their terrible performances today after they've witnessed the stuff in Paris and Hanover? Can we expect players with close ties to France like Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan to play at their best?

I don't know, schadenfreude about the loss seems out of place to me. We should just be happy that everything went well today and this was one of the first steps back to normality.

Just imagine those poor Hamburg players. Losing one of the greatest sons of their city after the tragedy that befell Europe and still being able to win.

ca4a88ee2cae563d374d3b68d1d3225eff40512bd1a15fb59ca1ab93bdcb19b8.jpg

Happy that we won today (obviously), nice to have more points than games played again! Hopefully we can kick on a bit now. Im glad Costa got a goal again, nice finish too.

TeddyBoy

Nearly the perfect half. Pretty much everyone is playing well, need to concentrate and start the second half well and we can win this :)

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Fuck West Brom.

Fuck Joel Campbell.

Fuck Arteta.

Fuck Cazorla.

Great game between City & Liverpool though

All jokes aside, that Aguero goal scares me. I'm just not confident watching Liverpool play for the past year, especially given how magical Aguero is. He can easily score 3 more if given the opportunity. Goddamnit Skrtel.

Hopefully we win this. It sends a message not only to the staff/team but to the rest of the league.

Best wishes.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Did Rafa replace James? I don't see it on the field anymore.

Edit: yeah, Isco went in. Strange. James was the only one creating some chances.

Except for now. What a miss!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom