• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer Giroud to Benteke, but I'm a big fan of both of them.

Think Benteke has plenty more room to grow, there are flaws in his game that should theoretically be simple enough to iron out. Then again, you'd think that would have happened already.

Eila

Nice to see Lopetegui shitting the bed at the big stage as usual.
If there's any reason left in him he'll sub a defender for Aboubakar at HT.

moojito

It makes me laugh every time I hear people complain about Arsene Wenger, ungrateful people.

4th place in the league and last 16 of the cl year on year must get quite boring after a while, though. I can see why they might complain. Dangerous time to be making a change, though!

Fdkn

Well to put it another way: If we somehow miraculously manage to get back to 4th place in the league, it won't matter if there is no CL spot to take ;)

That's not a problem if Chelsea wins the CL. I'm serious.
Well not that much :D

I don't think PL is in risk of losing the 4th slot this year anyway

TeddyBoy

GIROOOOOOOOUD!

What are you on about, that was an easy decision.

There's been a few like that in the premier league, he stuck his hand out sure but wasn't looking at the ball but kept his hand there for balance.

I wouldn't mind if they were all given as a penalty but the ones I've previously seen the referee doesn't give a penalty, I just want consistency.

EmiPrime

There's been a few like that in the premier league, he stuck his hand out sure but wasn't looking at the ball but kept his hand there for balance.

I wouldn't mind if they were all given as a penalty but the ones I've previously seen the referee doesn't give a penalty, I just want consistency.

Usually it hasn't been given when it was at point blank range.

http://arsenalist.com/f/2015-16/oly...al-handball-+-penalty-olivier-giroud-3-0.html

I don't think that was the case here though; look at the way he dives with his arms outstretched to block the ball.

TeddyBoy

We really should be scoring these chances. We could really use a back in form Costa

Hazard should have passed it to Costa when he hit the post, BT Sport had a good camera angle which followed the run of both of them and he would have had a tap in if Hazard had just flicked it over

Good win, just what we needed.

We shouldn't kid ourselves, this was a very different prospect to a league match (and the sort we've not been winning), Porto had to push up and left big open gaps for us to play into which we likely won't get in the league but it will hopefully be a great match for our confidence.

Costa in particular was making good runs for me, Matic, Azpili, Zouma, Hazard all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom