• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiggyRob

Well, we scored 2 away from home at Wolfsburg, but our defence at set pieces let us down, which is the opposite of what I thought would happen.

The small squad's going to get devastated by Europa League.

norinrad

+1
This Man U is shit

I hate to defend LvG but sacking him won't change anything. The players are just useless. Lingard cannot find his bum with both hands and who's going to replace LvG? Giggs? Better keep your wives and girlfriends inside.

All United needs is a lethal striker, still glad Wayne is out either way for now.

norinrad

What a night, congrats to PSV though. f**king LvG, can't win anything with kids until you get Cavani or someone similar in there to babysit them up front.

Meier

Manager, if you ever read this.. enjoy the group hug with DC, Mango and myself.

tumblr_m834b76K5Z1r3vs6r.gif

Well, Man United................ Shameful. Maaaaaaan. I truly miss Sir Alex and you might as well throw in CR7. And the old Rooney. Everything. I was a little kid, 9 years old, when I saw live that greatest of all things, that Champions League final against Bayern. Although born in Portugal I was a fan for life after that match. It just saddens me to watch this team play. I knew things would get worse when Sir Alex was gone but damn, I never thought it'd last this long.

Well, Man United................ Shameful. Maaaaaaan. I truly miss Sir Alex and you might as well throw in CR7. And the old Rooney. Everything. I was a little kid, 9 years old, when I saw live that greatest of all things, that Champions League final against Bayern. Although born in Portugal I was a fan for life after that match. It just saddens me to watch this team play. I knew things would get worse when Sir Alex was gone but damn, I never thought it'd last this long.
Damn, I watched that game too and cried afterwards.
I am a Bayern fan.

Was not expecting the win tonight. Started strong, the pressure was good and Silva got the goal then boom a shit show for the rest of the half. Second half started and City got back into it but looked like it was going to be one of those games where the chances were created they just couldn't be finished, then 6 mins of brilliance happened and three goals came through. Made all the better that Sevilla won.

Jarnet87

Poor display from United, worse part is they are stuck in Europa. This is 2011-2012 all over again. Not much positive from Europa except the kids may get games, but the squad is thin so chances are van Gaal will be throwing out first teamers mid week. The results over the past month or two have me questioning if this is the maximum of what van Gaal can do for United. He's likely to have another top four finish, I'm just worried if year 3 doesn't start well then were gonna see even more friction between van Gaal and the fans and media. I'm not as high on Ancelotti as others other given what the squad currently is, but if there is a chance to grab Pep you do it.

King_Moc

Banned
Sturridge is injured again. Hamstring.

I probably didn't even need to post this. Everyone just assumes he's injured at all times.

Lunar FC

Sturridge is injured again. Hamstring.

I probably didn't even need to post this. Everyone just assumes he's injured at all times.

Heh. I've been waiting for years seemingly for him to finally get healthy so I could get his jersey. Thought he finally looked back to his old self so I pulled the plug a few days ago. Fucking lame.

I wonder if there was a period in the past 2 seasons where I could of ordered a jersey and had it shipped to me and Sturridge would be of been fit the entire span.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
We were planning to send my dad (huge ManUtd) supporter to Manchester United game for his 65th birthday. But after yesterday's events, we will rather wait.

norinrad

Poor display from United, worse part is they are stuck in Europa. This is 2011-2012 all over again. Not much positive from Europa except the kids may get games, but the squad is thin so chances are van Gaal will be throwing out first teamers mid week. The results over the past month or two have me questioning if this is the maximum of what van Gaal can do for United. He's likely to have another top four finish, I'm just worried if year 3 doesn't start well then were gonna see even more friction between van Gaal and the fans and media. I'm not as high on Ancelotti as others other given what the squad currently is, but if there is a chance to grab Pep you do it.

I kind of understand why everyone wants Pep, LvG usually does the dirty work for him to have an easy ride, Pep is not that great and would not be in the top four with the current United team.

The UEFA coefficient is currently a hot topic. If Chelsea or Arsenal miss the cut, they is a great chance Italy will get the fourth CL spot at the end of next season. That would be huge. Germany is not safe either so we're in for a a three-horse race these two next seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom