• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinbe

Van Gaal's gotta be on his way out... This is unacceptable

But to be truthful we've been this way for a long time now even in those final years under SAF.

Van Gaal's gotta be on his way out... This is unacceptable

But to be truthful we've been this way for a long time now even in those final years under SAF.

In those final years we could still at least challenge for the title and had an even worse squad than the current one. We even spent conservatively.

With the amount of money LVG has spent, and the promises he said he would deliver, like attractive attacking football...he really doesn't have an excuse to fall back on.

EmiPrime

Fergie could field a team with 4 or 5 average players and still have them scare the shit out of the opposition because of the pace he would demand from the team. United on the break were terrifying.

Brinbe

In those final years we could still at least challenge for the title and had an even worse squad than the current one. We even spent conservatively.

With the amount of money LVG has spent, and the promises he said he would deliver, like attractive attacking football...he really doesn't have an excuse to fall back on.

For sure, it's a wonder that SAF got as much out of that squad as he did. He definitely gave them that little extra that made things work, even if they weren't as dominant as you'd expect. We relied on great defending and clinical scoring thanks to Van Persie.

This is embarrassing though for a club of this size. Fair to say that fear that other teams once had of facing United has long gone. I don't even know what we are or what we're trying to do out there. It's a mess and Van Gaal deserves every inch of criticism. This is his group of players at this point. Moyes is long gone and he's been given the time, funds and overall power to put his system in place. This is on him now.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Welp, TV remote went flying across the room today, when I told my dad that he should support other team from Manchester :D

Hernandez hattrick :[

The worst thing Van Gaal has done was to sell him. I was ok with RvP going, his legs were gone, Falcao was Torres level of broken. But you have a little guy that gives 100% every game, is desperate to score and never ever stops moving in the box. So lets sell him and rely on a £35m 20 year old.

Bring back Moyes.

I was and still am of the opinion that whilst he was out of his depth, if he'd been given time he might have turned it around. I don't think he ever got the chance to figure out how we should play. Van Gaal knows exactly how we should play and it isn't working, which is so much worse.

I was and still am of the opinion that whilst he was out of his depth, if he'd been given time he might have turned it around. I don't think he ever got the chance to figure out how we should play. Van Gaal knows exactly how we should play and it isn't working, which is so much worse.

Someone once pointed out that whilst no one wanted to be the manager to follow Ferguson, pretty much everyone would want to be the manager after next. Wonder if that's still the case or if the Utd job is in danger of becoming a poisoned chalice?

Esch

Banned
He probably heard Manchester and thought they meant United. When he found out it was City he was probably like, "fuck that".

Agreed. Pep Guardiola would rather manage a team that's been knocked out of the CL in a relatively easy group and is hanging on for 4th place than a team favored to win the league that topped their CL group.

that sure sounds like Pep

Tubie

Imagine if Atletico won La Liga this season. They will be at the top of the table if they win tomorrow.

Madrid is being led by idiots and Barcelona has been inconsistent, so I think Atletico has a real shot at winning it.

Xlz1iA4.png

United just do not seem an attacking threat at all. It's unbelievable what they have become since Ferguson retired.

I can't understand why you'd get rid of Hernandez and RVP, and loan out Januzaj and, to a lesser extent, Wilson, when you're left with absolutely nothing. Baffling.

Still, I'm sure Neymar, Bale and Ronaldo will put things right in January.

Inversive

Agreed. Pep Guardiola would rather manage a team that's been knocked out of the CL in a relatively easy group and is hanging on for 4th place than a team favored to win the league that topped their CL group.

that sure sounds like Pep

Nobody cares about city though. United are one of the most storied clubs in the world, of course he would want to manage them over city.

Esch

Banned
Nobody cares about city though. United are one of the most storied clubs in the world, of course he would want to manage them over city.

Of course, no doubt. I'm sure Pep Guardiola would rather have some history than a favorable league position, the top tier of european competition, better players, etc.

Arex

The worst thing Van Gaal has done was to sell him. I was ok with RvP going, his legs were gone, Falcao was Torres level of broken. But you have a little guy that gives 100% every game, is desperate to score and never ever stops moving in the box. So lets sell him and rely on a £35m 20 year old.

He's one of my favourite player too, always happy and gave his most :(

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
United need to get rid of LvG before January if they're going to get rid of him before the end of the season.

RiggyRob

We could sack him now. Giggs interim till the end of the season and get Pep.

He probably heard Manchester and thought they meant United. When he found out it was City he was probably like, "fuck that".

Surprisingly enough, when people refer to "Manchester" they usually mean United. Pisses City fans off quite a bit.

I have a feeling LVG's future depends on how the rest of December goes. Our form is now DDDLL, with 3 wins in 13.

I can't understand why you'd get rid of Hernandez and RVP, and loan out Januzaj and, to a lesser extent, Wilson, when you're left with absolutely nothing. Baffling.
Chicha, I may give you that point. RVP is old and injury prone. And Januzaj just a bit shit.

Honestly, I just wanted to post about what a disappointment Januzaj is :lol

Of course, no doubt. I'm sure Pep Guardiola would rather have some history than a favorable league position, the top tier of european competition, better players, etc.

Hell, any club that sacks their manager after finishing 2nd in the league is not worth managing.

Hell, any club that sacks their manager after finishing 2nd in the league is not worth managing.

What I find intriguing for next year is if City really do want Pep I don't really get how they're going to do it if Pellegrino wins the league... its theirs to lose no doubt in my mind, how do you sack a manager who just won it?

Unless he decides to "retire", but I don't think its all that likely

RiggyRob

What I find intriguing for next year is if City really do want Pep I don't really get how they're going to do it if Pellegrino wins the league... its theirs to lose no doubt in my mind, how do you sack a manager who just won it?

Unless he decides to "retire", but I don't think its all that likely

Perez-style.

If City really do want Pep, Pellegrini will get booted out the door and swept under the rug like Mancini was. The majority of City fans likely won't care cause they got fucking Pep Guardiola.

It'll be interesting to see how United and City handle it, considering both LVG and Pellegrini's contracts are up in 2017.

Pep will manage the club that offers the most money and the easiest way to protect his reputation.

The history of the clubs will have absolutely fucking zero to do with his decision.

Unconfirmed Member
Need to let go of LVG and hire Ancelotti. We can't afford to wait for for Pep to make his mind up when the club's original first choice is available now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom