• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeddyBoy

So in the champions league knockout phase:

3 Spanish teams (Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Barcelona)
3 English teams (Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea)
2 German teams (Wolfsburg, Bayern Munich)
2 Italian teams (Juventus, Roma)
1 French team (Paris SG)
1 Dutch team (PSV Eindhoven)
1 Portuguese team (Benfica)
1 Ukrainian team (Dynamo Kiev)
1 Russian team (Zenit)
1 Belgian team (Gent)

Since it was a three way battle between Italy, Germany and England for two fourth place champions league spots I'd say England is doing the best out of the three so far.

There's quite a bit of variety in the qualifying teams this year, lets hope that stays true in the next round as well.

Hey, look who managed to only score one goal out of 25 shots.

1144713-17986212-640-360.jpg

What a typical Leverkusen evening. Those guys are cursed.

sora87

I fear for Liverpool this season, they either look like scoring 4-5 goals and dominating the match or not scoring at all and playing slow and boring. With that leaky defense they need to be much more consistent going forward

The UEFA coefficient table is surprisingly close this year. All major leagues aside Spain have landed so far fairly equal results. That will make things in 2016 very exciting. Among others, England might lost its 3rd spot on the table and thus, the fourth CL spot in the league. France, Russia and Portugal are battling for the 5th spot. Battle for 10th spot will also be interesting.

Current year table : http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method4/ccoef2016.html
5-year coefficient table : http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method4/crank2016.html

Jarnet87

Can't wait to see the lineup for United against Bournemouth. Formations? Tactics? Lawls van Gaal gonna be struggling to field a squad of 18 pretty soon.

Blue Lou

I've just read that a member of the Honduras national team, Arnold Peralta, has been murdered. He was shot in the head.

At least one Honduran newspaper is showing a photograph of his lifeless body on the pavement with blood beneath his head. It's not right.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I've just read that a member of the Honduras national team, Arnold Peralta, has been murdered. He was shot in the head.

At least one Honduran newspaper is showing a photograph of his lifeless body on the pavement with blood beneath his head. It's not right.

Just seen that

wtf? was it random or?

It's shame Wisdom has struggled this season, I thought he did well last year and was interested in seeing him develop. I really thought he could go on to be a good good player.

spidye

yeah I 'm getting so fed up with this team and how every season is exactly the same

Alaba, Thiago, Götze, Costa, Robben, Ribery, Benatia. the list goes on

it was Wohlfahrt's fault. right pep? please ship him to city

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom