• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moobabe

Not funny, I'm not a fan of his nor Chelsea, but this shit stinks. Overpaid grownups faking injuries, playing like shit and eventually getting a manager booted out.

The whole team needs an overhaul. Players like Harzard and Costa are one season wonders, get rid of them as well. This is actually the first time that it really bothers me that a manger has been sacked when it is some of the players that needed to go.

Moyes getting sacked i could agree with, he sucked and United was beyond his CV. Jose getting sacked is absolutely shameless on Abramovic's part.

Mourinho's position was becoming untenable. I don't agree with the sacking, and I don't mind that we're 16th or whatever. Clearly some of the players are done with him. Whether they can't handle criticism (they can't) can't handle being dropped or whatever.

Fucking crybabies.

Not funny, I'm not a fan of his nor Chelsea, but this shit stinks. Overpaid grownups faking injuries, playing like shit and eventually getting a manager booted out.

The whole team needs an overhaul. Players like Harzard and Costa are one season wonders, get rid of them as well. This is actually the first time that it really bothers me that a manger has been sacked when it is some of the players that needed to go.

Moyes getting sacked i could agree with, he sucked and United was beyond his CV. Jose getting sacked is absolutely shameless on Abramovic's part.

As a Belgian, I can and will not let this pass ;)

Hazard has proven over and over again he's world class, he's just not the player Mourinho likes.

Jerm411

Mourinho sacked eh....

sssss.jpg

Mourinho's position was becoming untenable. I don't agree with the sacking, and I don't mind that we're 16th or whatever. Clearly some of the players are done with him. Whether they can't handle criticism (they can't) can't handle being dropped or whatever.

Fucking crybabies.

You are a Chelsea fan? Do you know what the general reaction is from the Chelsea fans?

Moobabe

You are a Chelsea fan? Do you know what the general reaction is from the Chelsea fans?

I am a Chelsea fan.

Mourinho, unlike most of the playing staff, is a Chelsea legend.

We sang his names from the terraces when we were losing to Stoke, to Bournemouth et al

We know he is the best manager the club has ever, and probably will ever have. He's proved it all over Europe at top teams, at the top level.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a massively negative reaction from the fans on Saturday.

Fdkn

Watch Stamford Bridge singing Mourinho's name next match.

If the players think they'll get away with this, they should've checked what happened to Casillas after he got him out of Real Madrid.

Seems like Guus Hiddink will be the manger until the end of the season, again.

He was a joke with the national team of Holland. Looked very old and tired on the pitch and interviews.
It was really really bad (and I'm not talking about the performance of the national team).

norinrad

He was a joke with the national team of Holland. Looked very old and tired on the pitch and interviews.
It was really really bad (and I'm not talking about the performance of the national team).

With all his money, you'd think he would take an advisory role at some club, but now he wants to be on the fields. Train wreck for Chelsea when Hiddink is confirmed.

RiggyRob

I wanted to see if Mourinho was able to turn it around, now he doesn't have the opportunity to prove he can.
Also it would've been hilarious to see his meltdowns as he lost more games

So Pep is giving an update on his future next week - sounds like Abramovich might be tempting him to Chelsea.

I am a Chelsea fan.

We sang his names from the terraces when we were losing to Stoke, to Bournemouth et al

We know he is the best manager the club has ever, and probably will ever have. He's proved it all over Europe at top teams, at the top level.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a massively negative reaction from the fans on Saturday.

Oh ok, thanks! Thought so, Mourinho is a legend and I'm glad the fans are still loving him even with the very bad results.

This pisses me off so much. Fuck the board and fuck Abramovich for this bullshit decision.

This is on the players. Not a single fan had any ill will against Mou, I don't care about being in 16th. I care about the players being overpaid fucking crybabies, who get all pissy when Mou criticizes them and benches them. And then just give up on the team, fake injuries, play as uninterested as possible. Fuck Hazard, Fuck Cesc, Fuck Diego, Fuck Terry, Fuck Ivanovic, Fuck. Them. All. Have some fucking pride.

Willian is the only good one.

Kiyo

Easier to replace a manager than half your team I'd imagine is the reasoning. If he lost the locker room (as it seems he did) then that's on him. Yes you can partially blame the players, but a manager is supposed to be able to rally them and he apparently failed at it. I think it was the right decision, but a bit disappointed I don't get to see more of Mourinho's post-match interviews/comments.

With all his money, you'd think he would take an advisory role at some club, but now he wants to be on the fields. Train wreck for Chelsea when Hiddink is confirmed.

They should just give Ancelotti all the money in the world. Probably the best coach around (with Mourinho and Pep) and he's a free agent. I still can't believe Perez has sacked him.

It's almost too perfect for Chelsea.

Moobabe

Easier to replace a manager than half your team I'd imagine is the reasoning. If he lost the locker room (as it seems he did) then that's on him. Yes you can partially blame the players, but a manager is supposed to be able to rally them and he apparently failed at it. I think it was the right decision, but a bit disappointed I don't get to see more of Mourinho's post-match interviews/comments.

It absolutely isn't all on the manager.

If I turned up for work tomorrow, refused to work to best of ability and said "I don't like the manager" - I would get a kick up the ass or lose my job.

Footballers are privileged motherfuckers and should understand that.

If Chelsea sign that cunt Pep instead of Mou, then Abramovic can fuck right off.

You saw it in their play for weeks. They just plain gave up, wanted Mou out because they are privileged little fuckwads. I don't care that you don't like your manager, you get paid millions to do your fucking job. You don't just play for your manager, you play for millions of fans. Just because the manager rightfully benched your bum ass, that doesn't mean you can quit on the team. Grow some balls and fight back the right way. Show you deserve to play, and don't become a mopey little bitch that cries untill you get your way.

Leicester responsible for the sacking off atleast two managers in as many weeks. Scenes.

Ranieri also the person who put the final nail in the coffin as well.

Kiyo

If I turned up for work tomorrow, refused to work to best of ability and said "I don't like the manager" - I would get a kick up the ass or lose my job.

I didn't say it was all on him. It's definitely a large part on the players. But a manager should be able to correct that. If it's just 1-2 players causing trouble then you could certainly just get rid of the troublemakers. When it's half the team (it's more really) having problems, then you have to start looking at the people in charge.

If 75% of your co-workers went into work and did exactly as you described, yea, if I was the owner, I'd probably have to take a look at the manager.

I am a Chelsea fan.

I bet Chelsea go and bang in six goals.

Board had no other choice. Hurts me to say it. I love that ol' JT. But Jose just wasn't reaching the team anymore. They played like a bunch of individualist instead of a functioning team. This was already obvious for quite a while in the offense that depended too much on genius individual masterstrokes against deeplying defenses and couldn't get any results by team efforts.

But now, after lacking to make the transfers needed (Ramires, Terry, Ivanovic all needed replacements, John Obi Mikel shouldn't have gotten any paychecks since 2014), this became also clearly visible in the defense.

Yes some players just aren't playing on the level that they played before and need to play again, but Jose was given more than enough time to find solutions and couldn't.

norinrad

This pisses me off so much. Fuck the board and fuck Abramovich for this bullshit decision.

This is on the players. Not a single fan had any ill will against Mou, I don't care about being in 16th. I care about the players being overpaid fucking crybabies, who get all pissy when Mou criticizes them and benches them. And then just give up on the team, fake injuries, play as uninterested as possible. Fuck Hazard, Fuck Cesc, Fuck Diego, Fuck Terry, Fuck Ivanovic, Fuck. Them. All. Have some fucking pride.

You know i came in to say this. Also don't forget Remy another guy who really puts his heart in.

As neutral observer this truly pisses me off too. Dickheads being overpaid to act like 2 year old's.

Also fuck the dressing room or locker room bullshit people throw around here and on the sports sites.

You know i came in to say this. Also don't forget Remy another guy who really puts his heart in.

As neutral observer this truly pisses me off too. Dickheads being overpaid to act like 2 year old's.

Also fuck the dressing room or locker room bullshit people throw around here and on the sports sites.

Matic seemed to be back at the level he used to play in his last two appearences (Porto, Leicester).

There are only 5 players that are worth building around imo: Courtois, Azpilicueta, Zouma, Matic and Willian.

And to be fair to all those, can we really say they've all been bad? Willian has been great and Zouma is improving all the time, TC has been injured, Matic has been hot and cold this season but he is getting better and imo Azpilicueta has been pretty good as well (not always) but he is hamstrung by being played on the left all the time

I also wouldn't personally say fuck JT, he's 35 and last season was incredible, I do not think he wants Jose to leave at all and he would have thrown himself in front of a bus for him. I think fuck Oscar is much better person to include there, he's garbage 80% of the time.

Jose was clearly trying to build something and he was stopped from doing that in the summer because we didn't invest properly... good luck getting someone like Stones now

EmiPrime

I would like that failure rate.

Being sacked twice by the same club is pretty impressive.

Seriously though, I'm gloating but I don't know if this is the right decision. The players may well have turned on him after his treatment of Caneiro but they were playing shit even before that and I don't think it's his fault that Costa ballooned over summer and that the squad didn't get the investment it needed.

norinrad

They can have Pep, the guy who has his success built on the back fo LvG. I'd really love to see him at Chelsea. Let's see if he's capable of making champions out of a bunch of crybabies and actors.

They can have Pep, the guy who has his success built on the back fo LvG. I'd really love to see him at Chelsea. Let's see if he's capable of making champions out of a bunch of crybabies and actors.

Pep would quit in about a week, he will hate working for Roman and has said he has no desire to stay for 3 seasons anywhere iirc.

Carlo is unemployed, give him a 2.5 year contract now, he's the only person the fans might not revolt against, given he should never have been sacked last time

Moobabe

There are only 5 players that are worth building around imo: Courtois, Azpilicueta, Zouma, Matic and Willian.

And to be fair to all those, can we really say they've all been bad? Willian has been great and Zouma is improving all the time, TC has been injured, Matic has been hot and cold this season but he is getting better and imo Azpilicueta has been pretty good as well (not always) but he is hamstrung by being played on the left all the time

I also wouldn't personally say fuck JT, he's 35 and last season was incredible, I do not think he wants Jose to leave at all and he would have thrown himself in front of a bus for him. I think fuck Oscar is much better person to include there, he's garbage 80% of the time.

Jose was clearly trying to build something and he was stopped from doing that in the summer because we didn't invest properly... good luck getting someone like Stones now

My key players would be:

Cortois, Zouma, Azpi, Matic, Hazard, Willian,

Players that need to be playing more:

Rahman, Loftus-Cheek, Kenedy, Traore, Remy

Out:

Brana, JT, Cahill (won't happen), Mikel, Fab (maybe), Oscar, Costa (maybe), Falcao

We need options and competition within the squad.

Pachimari

Woah!? Mourinho is sacked?
If not Carlo, then bring him back to the Bernabeu. Just replace Benitez with anyone really.

By the way, the mayor of Madrid declined our request to build a shopping mall and hotel inside the Bernabeu. Everything goes against Florentino Perez these days.

norinrad

Woah!? Mourinho is sacked?
If not Carlo, then bring him back to the Bernabeu. Just replace Benitez with anyone really.

By the way, the mayor of Madrid declined our request to build a shopping mall and hotel inside the Bernabeu. Everything goes against Florentino Perez these days.

They meant a love hotel right? lol

xintin

Would have liked to see Mourinho stay. We weren't winning anything or getting into Europe next season, so changing now doesn't make a difference.

Very disappointed in the attitude of the squad this entire season. They were never ready, never gave it their all (bar one or two exceptions aka Willian and Azpi), and left the manager out to dry.

So who's in for the rest of the year? Juande or Guus?

As employees get more valuable managing them effectively becomes more important. Anyone in IT can point to a manager who came in, pushed their employees like crazy, and got results at first. Then people got pissed off and started leaving so performance went to shit. If that manager hasn't gotten promoted by then they get fired. This isn't any different.

Moobabe

As employees get more valuable managing them effectively becomes more important. Anyone in IT can point to a manager who came in, pushed their employees like crazy, and got results at first. Then people got pissed off and started leaving so performance went to shit. If that manager hasn't gotten promoted by then they get fired. This isn't any different.

But at what stage does individual performance come into it? You cannot tell me the manager controls a player's performance.

Yes he/she has an effect, but these guys are adults - they should be more than capable of motivating themselves and, at the very least, trying.

near

Gold Member
Just saw the news on SS, it was obviously coming but I think it's a poor decision it's happened now. He lost the dressing room, but he's still the best manager in the PL, so it's somewhat still shocking. As a Spurs diehard, I'm revelling in Chelsea's decline, but I love Mourinho as a manager, would be great if he took over a weaker club with minimal resources and proved he's worth once again in the PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom