• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter the coach, what we need is to get rid of those mercenaries that think they are bigger than the club.

1 step, sadly, is Ronaldo. His time here is over.

Every player is a 'mercenary'. The times that players go to a club they love is long gone.

Ronaldo is a player with a big ego, but let's face it. He's a financial and sportive powerhouse for Real Madrid. I'm a fan of Ronaldo since he played his first years with Man Utd and he can sure be an irritating asshole, but at the end of the day, he's a unique player.
Selling Ronaldo would be crazy, he just has to quit giving stupid interviews about his future.

And Benitez is a joke, such as appointing Hiddink as the new coach for Chelsea is a joke. I just can't believe how the biggest clubs in the world can appoint plain bad coaches. Benitez must go at the end of the season.
Zidane is now rumored, but I don't know how good he is. There's nothing more difficult than being a Real Madrid manager and I doubt that a debuting coach can deal with that. Although he has learned from the best up close (Mourinho and Ancelotti). I always dreamed of a Del Bosque type coach that is with the club for years and years. Never liked the Perez-mentality of dismissing every coach after a disappointing season, just get a good coach and let him do the work. Ancelotti could have been Real Madrid coach for many years.
/end rant

Fdkn

Every player is a 'mercenary'. The times that players go to a club they love is long gone.

Ronaldo is a player with a big ego, but let's face it. He's a financial and sportive powerhouse for Real Madrid. I'm a fan of Ronaldo since he played his first years with Man Utd and he can sure be an irritating asshole, but at the end of the day, he's a unique player.
Selling Ronaldo would be crazy, he just has to quit giving stupid interviews about his future.

And Benitez is a joke, such as appointing Hiddink as the new coach for Chelsea is a joke. I just can't believe how the biggest clubs in the world can appoint plain bad coaches. Benitez must go at the end of the season.
Zidane is now rumored, but I don't know how good he is. There's nothing more difficult than being a Real Madrid manager and I doubt that a debuting coach can deal with that. Although he has learned from the best up close (Mourinho and Ancelotti). I always dreamed of a Del Bosque type coach that is with the club for years and years. Never liked the Perez-mentality of dismissing every coach after a disappointing season, just get a good coach and let him do the work. Ancelotti could have been Real Madrid coach for many years.
/end rant

I don't care about love for the club. Modric doesn't love the club, but he gives it all in the pitch because he's a proffesional. We can count with our fingers how many players like that we have right now, and that's the problem. That's why they are mercenaries.

Ronaldo's current state is terrible, and he's been going like that for almost ten months already. He deserved all the praise in 2014, but he deserves to be fired right now, both inside and outside the pitch. We need to sell him before its price crashes, because right now we have our own Ronaldinho 2008 situation. And the worst of all is that Benitez is a coward and make him play every game full time when he is holding the team back. The hardest team he scored a goal this season is Celta de Vigo, ffs.

And please stop with the Ancelotti crap, he's the one responsible of what we are suffering now with a team that doesn't run because they don't want to.

bjaelke

CWmOo8kWUAA1bui.jpg

Man this Sunderland team is such a pushover.

Kiyo

I know it's Sunderland, but where was this effort the entire season so far?

Being suppressed by Mourinho's managing apparently. Looks like Chelsea players have decided they have something to play for again. If they keep up this effort for the rest of the season then I don't think anyone can really argue against the Mourinho firing. As of right now it's looking like the right decision, but still a bit early to say for sure.

Being suppressed by Mourinho's managing apparently. Looks like Chelsea players have decided they have something to play for again. If they keep up this effort for the rest of the season then I don't think anyone can really argue against the Mourinho firing. As of right now it's looking like the right decision, but still a bit early to say for sure.

While this is true, it makes the players look like massive cunts

Not that the jury is out on that front

Sell the fucking lot of them then.

Players only care about themselves, perhaps if this was 6/7 years ago when you had Drogba, Lamps, JT, Makelele, Cech, Cole, Ivanovic, Carvalho and others in their prime at least you could understand it, managers like Scolari and AVB were clowns but this lot have won fuck all except one PL and one LC compared to 6 trophies in 3 years under Jose previously.

You play for the fans, the club and to be professional, I dont give a shit if you dont like the manager, you get heavily compensated for it.

Kiyo

While this is true, it makes the players look like massive cunts

Not that the jury is out on that front

Yea, I certainly don't think anyone is arguing against that. But it does make you wonder what Mourinho did or was doing that made them turn on him so fast. I've always felt that it was partially the players fault but also partially his.

Sell the fucking lot of them then.

Players only care about themselves, perhaps if this was 6/7 years ago when you had Drogba, Lamps, JT, Makelele, Cech, Cole, Ivanovic, Carvalho and others in their prime at least you could understand it, managers like Scolari and AVB were clowns but this lot have won fuck all except one PL and one LC compared to 6 trophies in 3 years under Jose previously.

You play for the fans, the club and to be professional, I dont give a shit if you dont like the manager, you get heavily compensated for it.
It's a lot easier to get rid of one problem than to get rid of 6-11 problems.

Yea, I certainly don't think anyone is arguing against that. But it does make you wonder what Mourinho did or was doing that made them turn on him so fast. I've always felt that it was partially the players fault but also partially his.

Jose isnt blameless, he has made mistakes but so has everyone in life. He didnt down tools when things got bad that I could see. Struggling to motivate your players or them not liking and have tactical deficiencies should see us hovering between 4th and 6th imo, not fucking 1 point above the relegation zone.

Hopfrog

Who comes in if LVG goes? Do you just let Giggs take over for a bit or do you go all out for Pep? Or how about Mourinho, or would United supporters not stand for that?

Jarnet87

I want whoever can bring movement back to united. the play up front has been so static for years. The wide players send in crosses to 4 defenders vs one man united player.

MauroNL

They'll probably Sack LVG after this, but I'm afraid that won't help this Man U much. The defence is still sloppy and there really is only one attacker in Martial. Rest of the team aint even CL worthy. But again, let's let panic reign and look for short term options only in modern day football.

Gandalf

Now? Been under pressure for some time now. 3rd consecutive defeat imminent. Defensive record at home taking a serious beating. Only goal scored against them at OT before today was Benteke's overhead

I was just commenting on what Van Gaal said to the media. That he had "felt more pressure" in previous roles. Now he'll be feeling it, big time.

They'll probably Sack LVG after this, but I'm afraid that won't help this Man U much. The defence is still sloppy and there really is only one attacker in Martial. Rest of the team aint even CL worthy. But again, let's let panic reign and look for short term options only in modern day football.

It will be something. Let's remind ourselves that it was this manager that is stifling individual creativity, playing Rooney again and again after shit performances, benching Herrera again and again, throwing Martial on the wing after he kept scoring in the middle and relying on Fellaini who has the skill of an absolute donkey.

He created the illusion of progress (ie a solid defence) because of a lack of attacking football and playing two old guys as defensive midfielders. That illusion was shattered a while ago.

Di Maria and Hernandez meanwhile are on absolute fucking fire over in PSG and Bayer. Maybe they didn't fit this system but there does seem to be a trend of Gaal making everyone shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom