• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kill3r7

ScaredNegativeBedlingtonterrier

TeddyBoy

West Brom should've just stayed home today.

I know they have barely any possession but they are actually at home :lol

Sterling misses a 1 on 1, no big surprise since he never does well when he needs to think.

City are dominating though, Pulis just got his tactics completely wrong and City are eating it up.

Meier

Still a bit amazed we've had Silva for so many seasons now. He's comfortably the best attacking midfielder in the league and would fit in well with either big Spanish club.

Meier

Really its because he seems to be the kind of guy to let things like that get under his skin

From the interviews and the behind the scenes of his first day, he actually seems like a pretty low-key guy. A shame how the whole thing played out and how he's been painted with a certain brush. Think you're right though, I can definitely imagine it bothering him a bit. He seems to compartmentalize things well, but since he is so soft spoken, you get the feeling it would get to him.

Sterling has plenty of time and coaches to improve his finishing

Don't think it'll ever be great, but he just needs it to be decent to be a 15-a-season player

His pace, timing of runs and instinctive positioning in and around the box is already good enough that he is constantly getting good opportunities for goals.

First obvious improvement he can make is sacrificing some accuracy for power. He doesn't have the sheer power to reliably smash it past the keeper from 10+ yards, but it's no use aiming precisely for the bottom corner if it gives the keeper so long to react, as you've sacrificed so much power.

He literally tries passing it into the net too often, and his productivity will skyrocket I expect when he just gets over that hurdle

Liverpool could win this league. I really believe this.

After this weekend, it is clear to me that none of the top 4 in England would make it to the top 4 in Spain right now.

Madrid Barca Atleti Valencia Sevilla > all EPL teams I saw this weekend

It's been 1 weekend of EPL football...

The need for hyperbolic statements in today's online football climate is getting unreal.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
It's been 1 weekend of EPL football...

The need for hyperbolic statements in today's online football climate is getting unreal.
It's not hyperbolic considering the top 3 in Spain have been having their way with the PL's top 4 in the CL the last couple of seasons. Hell 2 of the top 3 teams in France shamed 2 of the top 3 PL teams last season.

Really the only hyperbole in his post is that Liverpool could win the league.

It's not hyperbolic considering the top 3 in Spain have been having their way with the PL's top 4 in the CL the last couple of seasons. Hell 2 of the top 3 teams in France shamed 2 of the top 3 PL teams last season.

Really the only hyperbole in his post is that Liverpool could win the league.

You could say No 3 and 4 from Spain wouldn't make it in England too. It's a bit of a nebulous statement.

I don't see Athletico or Sevilla giving continuous ass whoopings to every team in England.

But yeah if only for the CL, British teams have been getting creamed.

Although my Arsenal team have gotten awful draws recently barring Monaco :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom